Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 7, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #11,671 of 18,754
It's a known Poly bug in Chord's current implementation of MPD - you can access SACD / MP3 files through file browsing (using e.g. M.A.L.P on Android) but it won't read their ID3 tags to catalogue them to its library (unlike the onboard DLNA server). As you've noticed it reads and catalogues FLACs correctly, though it won't currently parse embedded artwork (M.A.L.P can get around this and scrape online artwork if your files are properly tagged).
I first reported this bug to Chord back in March last year and have repeatedly brought it up here as I see it as a significant problem with its core functionality. All I've had in response is that the problem is duly noted, but fixing it isn't a high priority :frowning2:
Thank you very much for this. At least I know I'm not going crazy and it is a bug. I will report it to chord as the more reported complaints to them the better I guess.

Jan 7, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #11,672 of 18,754
I would stick to using MPD via M.A.L.P (assuming Android) for SD playback. Gapless & glitch--free.
You beat me too it. M.A.L.P will also play all formats trouble free along with DSD at the correct bit rate, I found BubbleUPNP down sampled to 192kHz

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #11,673 of 18,754
Hi Folks,

anyone up here with the same problem as me? I try to swap with GoFigure between my two WiFi networks at home once I have moved from one place to another, Poly tries to change to the new, stronger signal since the upper led starts blinking but nothing is really done. When I come back to my smartphone and its screen is turned on again, GoFigure only shows a circle trying to update all WiFi networks that have disappeared.

The procedure is usually as follows:
-Move myself to another part of my house where the original wifi signal is weaker
-Poly loses initial connection.
-I try then to switch it to another stronger wifi signal that is detected in GoFigure.
Poly (upper led) starts to blink.
-No success in switching, meanwhile my smarphone turns it screen off.
-Come back to my GoFigure, and while GoFigure is working, no wifi network is to be shown. Poly has stopped searching.
-Have to switch off my Poly and turn it on again into the second's wifi optimal coverage and continue where I previously was...

To bypass this issue, I use to put my smartphone into Hotspot Mode as well as when I'm out of my home.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #11,674 of 18,754
Hi guys totally new to the thread and possibly considering the poly, I have scanned a few pages and there is a hell of a lot of information to sift through so I was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions that probably have already been asked.
My mostly intended use is probably portable using SD card so my first question is how does this work is it Bluetooth app controlled or hotspot and secondly if it's hotspot does this mean I have to keep switching off to use internet services .
My second question is about audio quality in this scenario , I love my mojo through optical but wasn't a big fan through USB how do you think this compares , poly SD card Vs optical in from transport.
Also I will be using an android phone how stable is it?
Sorry if my question about the Bluetooth /hotspot control is not very accurate just trying to find how it accesses files on the go and how stable.
Thanks guys.

Primary connection during the setting up stage is via Bluetooth when using the GoFigure app.
However once connected you can access music via WiFi with apps like BubbleUPNP and M.A.L.P for playing music from your SD card, home network, PC, Phone or cloud services such as Tidal, Qubuz, Google Music.
if you choose to playback via Bluetooth you can use your existing music apps to playback on Poly just by choosing the Poly as the audio output device.

On Android devices, in my experience, the best app for SD card playback, has been M.A.L.P, This app connects to your Poly via WiFi (that could be your home WiFi , your phones Hotspot or Poly Hotspot)
BubbleUPNP will also playback the contents of your SD card inserted in the Poly as well as content on your home network, from Tidal, Qubuz, Google Music, Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and Amazon Cloud Drive. There is a way of accessing your library from your PC or NAS storage when away from home but I have yet to work out how to do this, perhaps another member could advise.

So far on Android, the only way I know of playing Tidal with the best quality playback is via BubbleUPNP as using the app on the phone would require playback via Bluetooth to the Poly, I may be wrong here but I haven't found any other way as yet,

Hopefully this helps.

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #11,675 of 18,754
I would stick to using MPD via M.A.L.P (assuming Android) for SD playback. Gapless & glitch--free.
Thanks! I've just downloaded M.A.L.P, and trying to get it to connect to the Poly. Do I need to use GoFigure to get them connected?

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #11,676 of 18,754
Thanks! I've just downloaded M.A.L.P, and trying to get it to connect to the Poly. Do I need to use GoFigure to get them connected?
Nope - you just need Poly's IP address to set up a new profile within M.A.L.P. I have it assigned a fixed IP where possible (home router / phone hotspot) and then change between 2 profiles for home or out and about.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #11,677 of 18,754
That's even things out a little bit then. It so simple no one talks about it :p Thanks!

@1000ROUNDZ If you have the opportunity to try it, I would still do it. I do get quite a lot of RF with my phone stacked on Mojo but it does seems to come from 4g.

I just received the Hiby R3. Coax to the Mojo, controlled via mConnect, Tidal sounds great at work without being tethered to my phone!
Thanks for the recommendation, this is exactly what I wanted to have. I really hope I'll get to try the Poly or Poly 2 in the future as I really like what Chord does.

Jan 8, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #11,678 of 18,754
Nope - you just need Poly's IP address to set up a new profile within M.A.L.P. I have it assigned a fixed IP where possible (home router / phone hotspot) and then change between 2 profiles for home or out and about.
Thank you. I'll give this a try. My current experience with the Poly is pretty much hit and miss. Hit - when it works perfectly, the sound is awesome. Miss - when these connection issues occur.

Jan 8, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #11,679 of 18,754
Seen lots of lovers and haters of the Poly. Will leave Mojo out of this as pretty much a universal hit. Overall my personal feeling is the Poly is a great complimentary product to the Mojo. I don't call it an accessory based on the cost/functionality and yes, totally understand complimentary exclusively to the Mojo. I am on my 2nd Poly as the 1st one was more miss than hit turning on when the Mojo powered up. My replacement Poly is in the 025xxx S/N range. The Mojo S/N is 034xxx. The GoFigure (iOS) was the game changer for me as previously I just left in Bluetooth mode. Now I actively switch between BT/Hotspot/Roon. However, unless the units are at room temperature (or not at all cool to the touch) the Poly needs a charger jump start to recognize the Mojo is on. Even when the Poly battery (through GoFigure status screen) is fully charged. This is my sole annoyance right now. I think I read many months ago that there was a diode change in "newer" (over a year ago) Mojos that would help prevent the issue. But I could easily be wrong in all that! @Matt Bartlett @Mojo ideas , if anything could be done to increase the Poly bootup reliability it would put a smile on my face. Not sure if there is anything you see in my S/Ns that would provide a clue. Well Poly boot up and a Hugo 2 2Go announcement for a big smile. Even if the 2Go commercial release was many months away. Just don't know if it is still an active project. Looking forward to what @ChordElectronics has for us in the mobile/transportable market for 2019.

Jan 8, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #11,680 of 18,754
It is not necessary but it could help ease the process of setting up.

From the GoFigure app you can obtain the IP address of you WiFi and your phone's hotspot

10223656_thumb.png

The example below is where my mobile phone hotspot IP address would be found (it's the same for your WiFi hotspot IP address)

10223657_thumb.png

Once you have made a note of this from the M.A.L.P app you will need to add profiles, one for your WiFi and one for your phone hotspot.

10223658_thumb.png

The easy thing is you only have to enter the IP address, you do not need to add a password or add anything else

10223660_thumb.png

Don't forget to hit the save button

10223665_thumb.png

Press and hold on chosen profile and connect

10223666_thumb.png

Attachments

• GoFigure WiFi IP address.png
    GoFigure WiFi IP address.png
    692.3 KB · Views: 0
  • WiFi Phone Hotspot.png
    WiFi Phone Hotspot.png
    478.7 KB · Views: 0
  • MALP add profile.png
    MALP add profile.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 0
  • add profile WiFi.png
    add profile WiFi.png
    133 KB · Views: 0
  • Choose profile.png
    Choose profile.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 0
  • connect profile.png
    connect profile.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 0
Jan 8, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #11,681 of 18,754
I'm an iPhone 8 user and a happy Mojo/Poly owner (OMG the sound quality on Chesky records). I use Glider to listen to music on the SD card. Is Roon the only way to listen to TIDAL with MQA quality at this stage? Would that change if I switch to Android? Any ideas on when Chord might release Tidal support in the Gofigure app?

Jan 8, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #11,682 of 18,754
........ controlled via mConnect, Tidal sounds great at work without being tethered to my phone!

Falcepalm emoji

I had forgotten about mConnect, with regards to Tidal Playback via Poly, sound 100 times better (ok slight exaggeration) than my previous experience playing via Bluetooth.
I will play around with the 'Lite' version for Android before jumping in with both feet as I would rather not have too many apps for my User Experience with my Mojo/Poly combo.

So far M.A.L.P for SD Playback
mConnect for Tidal, need to play around for dnla/UPnP connectivity and it's suitability for use out of the house

:L3000:

I'm an iPhone 8 user and a happy Mojo/Poly owner (OMG the sound quality on Chesky records). I use Glider to listen to music on the SD card. Is Roon the only way to listen to TIDAL with MQA quality at this stage? Would that change if I switch to Android? Any ideas on when Chord might release Tidal support in the Gofigure app?

Try mConnect available on iOS and Android. I have only tried this app today and I must admit blown away and happy especially as it does play Tidal Masters (MQA) at the correct rate ie for Tidal this is 44.1/48 kHz to 88.2/96 kHz

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #11,683 of 18,754
Hi @Matt Bartlett - Happy New Year! Hope you had a good Christmas? Any news for us?

Hi @Gr8h8m,
Happy New Year to you and all fellow posters here.
A group of us have been testing Poly updates over Christmas but we've found a few bugs which are being worked on now.
Once these are fixed then we can push on to get this out to everyone as I know you are all patiently waiting for this!

Matt

Jan 8, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #11,684 of 18,754
Thank you very much for this. At least I know I'm not going crazy and it is a bug. I will report it to chord as the more reported complaints to them the better I guess.

Hi @Spikelee0332,
Yes as @Gr8h8m mentioned this is one of the things we are working on. I'm assuming your SACD music is in .dsf format as .dff files have no metadata anyway.
I'm not sure whether you have tried but in the settings for M.A.L.P you also have the option to download artwork from the web. It may not be able to populate all
of your SACD library but it is worth a go.

Jan 8, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #11,685 of 18,754
Seen lots of lovers and haters of the Poly. Will leave Mojo out of this as pretty much a universal hit. Overall my personal feeling is the Poly is a great complimentary product to the Mojo. I don't call it an accessory based on the cost/functionality and yes, totally understand complimentary exclusively to the Mojo. I am on my 2nd Poly as the 1st one was more miss than hit turning on when the Mojo powered up. My replacement Poly is in the 025xxx S/N range. The Mojo S/N is 034xxx. The GoFigure (iOS) was the game changer for me as previously I just left in Bluetooth mode. Now I actively switch between BT/Hotspot/Roon. However, unless the units are at room temperature (or not at all cool to the touch) the Poly needs a charger jump start to recognize the Mojo is on. Even when the Poly battery (through GoFigure status screen) is fully charged. This is my sole annoyance right now. I think I read many months ago that there was a diode change in "newer" (over a year ago) Mojos that would help prevent the issue. But I could easily be wrong in all that! @Matt Bartlett @Mojo ideas , if anything could be done to increase the Poly bootup reliability it would put a smile on my face. Not sure if there is anything you see in my S/Ns that would provide a clue. Well Poly boot up and a Hugo 2 2Go announcement for a big smile. Even if the 2Go commercial release was many months away. Just don't know if it is still an active project. Looking forward to what @ChordElectronics has for us in the mobile/transportable market for 2019.

Hi @paulgc
Please drop support@chordelectronics.co.uk an email so we can run through a few things.

As for 2Go then I can confirm this is still very much an active project but we want Poly to get updates first.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back