Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 10, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #17,446 of 18,780
It is difficult to find definitive answer in the forum, so I come up with an iPhone specific question(s).

1) Is Mojo+Poly definitely a better SQ combination than to go with Mojo cabled to the iPhone?
(some of the opinions seemed to be from the “yes” group, though I wanted to ask anyway)

2) if going in Mojo+Poly direction, with iPhone, for on the go, which is the best way in terms of SQ to go other than the SD card in Poly? I got lost in the myriad of options there are with Poly…

E.g. Apple Music Lossless + AirPlay + mconnect + iPhone as Wi-Fi hotspot for Poly? Is that actually the so called hybrid mode?
Or do other streaming services (TIDAL? Qobuz? Other?) preserve better SQ when streaming from iPhone to Poly? (I assume BT is out of question, right?)

Long question short - how to get the best SQ (after SD card in Poly) from iPhone and Mojo (whether wired or Polied)?
Hi, don’t use AirPlay, it’s not as good as a high res stream from Quobuz via MConnect. I use also Amazon music but haven’t found an app with proper integration so I use it with AirPlay. Sounds inferior to Quobuz via MConnect.

Dec 11, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #17,448 of 18,780
It is difficult to find definitive answer in the forum, so I come up with an iPhone specific question(s).

1) Is Mojo+Poly definitely a better SQ combination than to go with Mojo cabled to the iPhone?
(some of the opinions seemed to be from the “yes” group, though I wanted to ask anyway)

2) if going in Mojo+Poly direction, with iPhone, for on the go, which is the best way in terms of SQ to go other than the SD card in Poly? I got lost in the myriad of options there are with Poly…

E.g. Apple Music Lossless + AirPlay + mconnect + iPhone as Wi-Fi hotspot for Poly? Is that actually the so called hybrid mode?
Or do other streaming services (TIDAL? Qobuz? Other?) preserve better SQ when streaming from iPhone to Poly? (I assume BT is out of question, right?)

Long question short - how to get the best SQ (after SD card in Poly) from iPhone and Mojo (whether wired or Polied)?
1) yes, Poly sounds better to me than all other connection methods except optical, which has resolution and portability limitations. Here is a summary post from way back: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-475#post-14053553

2) Roon ARC is probably the best bet for sound quality, if you use Roon. Otherwise, bit perfect as much as possible.

I was just on vacation and the WiFi was spotty and not able to connect Poly to it, but I enjoyed ARC and my daily mixes and library streaming Bluetooth (like literally the first time ever, as I really never use BT) and it was still 98% enjoyable (more even when you are by the pool in the sun at twice the temperature it is at home).

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 12:40 AM Post #17,449 of 18,780
So I just got a poly from a fellow head-fier and am having a tough time setting up the poly with my mojo 2.

As stated, I charged my poly for about 6 hours until the light was blue.
i then connected the mojo 2 and the poly and tried using the gofigure app. The app is not finding my poly no matter how many times I try to connect. I am on 2ghz wireless network and I have turned Bluetooth on and off. I am also using an iPhone Gofigure app. So I am unable to complete the initial configuration for the poly.

what’s interesting is the pstatus light stays blue for couple of secs and then turns off. It never stays on for longer than maybe 20 secs and then goes blank. So I am assuming that the mojo 2 is loosing connection with the poly?

the seller stated that he updated the firmware to the latest version. So I am assuming it’s v3, which you would need to connect mojo2

also, when I try to reset the poly with the pin, it never goes into the flashing blue/green mode for adhoc mode. I was trying to get into the browser mode to manually configure the poly.

i am at my wits end and have spent couple of hours tonight with no success.

thanks for any help you can provide.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #17,450 of 18,780
So I just got a poly from a fellow head-fier and am having a tough time setting up the poly with my mojo 2.

As stated, I charged my poly for about 6 hours until the light was blue.
i then connected the mojo 2 and the poly and tried using the gofigure app. The app is not finding my poly no matter how many times I try to connect. I am on 2ghz wireless network and I have turned Bluetooth on and off. I am also using an iPhone Gofigure app. So I am unable to complete the initial configuration for the poly.

what’s interesting is the pstatus light stays blue for couple of secs and then turns off. It never stays on for longer than maybe 20 secs and then goes blank. So I am assuming that the mojo 2 is loosing connection with the poly?

the seller stated that he updated the firmware to the latest version. So I am assuming it’s v3, which you would need to connect mojo2

also, when I try to reset the poly with the pin, it never goes into the flashing blue/green mode for adhoc mode. I was trying to get into the browser mode to manually configure the poly.

i am at my wits end and have spent couple of hours tonight with no success.

thanks for any help you can provide.
You may not be on the latest firmware. If so, that’s a problem because it can’t be updated with Mojo2, only OG Mojo. Is the person you got it from close, or can you get access to Mojo 1?

Dec 14, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #17,451 of 18,780
You may not be on the latest firmware. If so, that’s a problem because it can’t be updated with Mojo2, only OG Mojo. Is the person you got it from close, or can you get access to Mojo 1?
I am checking with the owner. Update: I was able to confirm with the past owner that firmware was updated to V3.0.

I charged it overnight and the power led shows pink and blue for mstatus and pstatus. So I am assuming both are fully charged

when I turn on the unit and hold it, I see the pstatus change to blue. So poly is connected. But several seconds later, I hear a click and the blue status light goes out. So I am assuming the poly is disconnected. so it’s not maintaining the connection.

how do I factory reset the poly. I have tried using the pin and holding it for 5 10 secs, but nothing happens.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #17,452 of 18,780
I am checking with the owner. Update: I was able to confirm with the past owner that firmware was updated to V3.0.

I charged it overnight and the power led shows pink and blue for mstatus and pstatus. So I am assuming both are fully charged

when I turn on the unit and hold it, I see the pstatus change to blue. So poly is connected. But several seconds later, I hear a click and the blue status light goes out. So I am assuming the poly is disconnected. so it’s not maintaining the connection.

how do I factory reset the poly. I have tried using the pin and holding it for 5 10 secs, but nothing happens.
You have to have a set of headphones plugged into the Mojo 2 directly to hear the prompts when holding in the config button. You'll be able to cycle through the setting to get to the reset device prompt. Once that is done use this tutorial to set the Mojo 2/Poly back up:

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #17,454 of 18,780
Problem is I am not getting any of the prompts. I have earbuds hooked into mojo2 poly combo. Both turned on (blue light on). Press config button with sim tool and nothing.
That is a problem. You might have to reach out to Chord for assistance. When I first got my Poly, it wasn't configured to work with the Mojo 2. Chord helped me resolve my issue.

Dec 16, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #17,457 of 18,780
Hi, do you recall who helped you at Chord. Also what was your issue? Do we have Chord reps on this forum? Thanks.
Chord had me send my Poly to a distributor in Texas to be updated to firmware 3.0 to work with my Mojo 2. My issue was I bought a used Poly, but didn’t realize it didn’t have the 3.0 software on it and I didn’t have a OG Mojo to update it. The whole transaction with Chord was done through email. They were very responsive. The process took less than two weeks from when I shipped to the distributor to get my Poly back.

Dec 16, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #17,458 of 18,780
That’s very nice. Did you deal with Chord UK support team? Was your poly still under warranty? Did they ask for the serial number? Thanks

btw: who was the contact at Chord?

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #17,459 of 18,780
That’s very nice. Did you deal with Chord UK support team? Was your poly still under warranty? Did they ask for the serial number? Thanks

btw: who was the contact at Chord?
Yes, my initial contact was through Chord UK. They then put me in contact with the support team in the USA. They did ask for the serial number, but I only paid for shipping my Poly to Texas. I wasn’t charged for anything else.

Dec 16, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #17,460 of 18,780
I believe I might have the same issue.

I reached out to Chord UK and am working with Ed in tech support.

In my case the seller had already updated the firmware to 3.0. But Chord support thinks it might be corrupted. The seller has been gracious to send me his Mojo1, so that I can do the firmware update again. Hopefully that will fix my issue also. Will see.

it’s nice to know that there is a support team in the USA though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back