Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 30, 2022 at 3:49 AM Post #17,418 of 18,778
Is poly worth it in 2022? I am looking for a good DSD player with wifi capabilities for my Mojo 1.
Chord DACs are not best for DSD playback IMHO. Poly can be problematic to setup and you can feel its age but I can't say anything bad about SQ. IMHO the best and cheapest option but without wifi is XDuoo X10T II.

Nov 30, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #17,419 of 18,778
Has anyone used a Hiby R3 Pro Saber for Poly alternative?
I have used the original HiBy R3 with the Mojo OG for years and it's a great stack for offline listening.
The R3's touch screen works great, and the buttons worked really well for blind control of the stack in the pocket.
SQ wise it is a solid solution, with the USB connection sounding slightly brighter and the Coax sounding a little smoother, closer to optical. I have used it with DSD files as well.
7EBFB472-AA41-42B7-94CB-91EC63368FFA.jpeg
This stack is problematic for streaming though - the Mojo OG and M2 both pick up interference when the R3's Wifi is active, and the Tidal implementation on the R3 is basic. (Aside from the fact that Qobuz offers better SQ than Tidal with it's MQA implementation). So for streaming I always used the iPhone with Meenova Lighting-micro USB cable.

For the Mojo 2 I finally bought a Poly, and it is a solid solution, with the caveat of having to figure out how to connect best to the MojoPoly in different situations. At home by Wifi, on the go with the iPhone providing a hotspot, and on the airplane by setting th Poly to hotspot mode. SQ with files on the SD card is perceptibly better than any other source I have used. So overall it is worth it for me, but sometimes I do miss the simplicity of the touch screen controlled Mojo OG / HiBy R3 stack.

Hope that hepls.

63927545-E4D1-4966-9DA2-1B5C06D7154A.jpeg

Nov 30, 2022 at 4:40 AM Post #17,420 of 18,778
Chord DACs are not best for DSD playback IMHO. Poly can be problematic to setup and you can feel its age but I can't say anything bad about SQ. IMHO the best and cheapest option but without wifi is XDuoo X10T II.
I have used the original HiBy R3 with the Mojo OG for years and it's a great stack for offline listening.
The R3's touch screen works great, and the buttons worked really well for blind control of the stack in the pocket.
SQ wise it is a solid solution, with the USB connection sounding slightly brighter and the Coax sounding a little smoother, closer to optical. I have used it with DSD files as well.

This stack is problematic for streaming though - the Mojo OG and M2 both pick up interference when the R3's Wifi is active, and the Tidal implementation on the R3 is basic. (Aside from the fact that Qobuz offers better SQ than Tidal with it's MQA implementation). So for streaming I always used the iPhone with Meenova Lighting-micro USB cable.

For the Mojo 2 I finally bought a Poly, and it is a solid solution, with the caveat of having to figure out how to connect best to the MojoPoly in different situations. At home by Wifi, on the go with the iPhone providing a hotspot, and on the airplane by setting th Poly to hotspot mode. SQ with files on the SD card is perceptibly better than any other source I have used. So overall it is worth it for me, but sometimes I do miss the simplicity of the touch screen controlled Mojo OG / HiBy R3 stack.

Hope that hepls.

Thanks for sharing friend. Appreciate it

Nov 30, 2022 at 7:01 AM Post #17,421 of 18,778

Hope that hepls.

I been meaning to get poly, I am afraid the problem that come with it. Also quite expensive compared to budget DAP. Budget DAP however, adds another device to charge and ui will lag in a year or so. Is poly problem too prominent for you.

Nov 30, 2022 at 7:20 AM Post #17,422 of 18,778
I been meaning to get poly, I am afraid the problem that come with it. Also quite expensive compared to budget DAP. Budget DAP however, adds another device to charge and ui will lag in a year or so. Is poly problem too prominent for you.
@syazwaned actually Poly adds another device to charge to the chain and requires longer charge times for both Mojo/Mojo2 and streamer itself - keep that in mind. Also it is not very battery efficient especially comparing to other DAPs and transports. I guess it gives you around 6 maybe 8 hours max.

Dec 4, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #17,423 of 18,778
After a lot of trial and error I finally got the Poly to lock on to my network and stream Roon to the Mojo 2. Don't ask me how, it simply worked at some point in the process. But -- enjoying having the Mojo 2 around the house! Clear improvement over using the iPhone connection.

I will have to work on how best to use the Mojo2 + Poly for travel. I suppose I could use Roon ARC to Airplay to the Poly. I also have a micro SD card I could use, but that feels lie another complex trial and error process.

Dec 5, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #17,424 of 18,778
After a lot of trial and error I finally got the Poly to lock on to my network and stream Roon to the Mojo 2. Don't ask me how, it simply worked at some point in the process. But -- enjoying having the Mojo 2 around the house! Clear improvement over using the iPhone connection.

I will have to work on how best to use the Mojo2 + Poly for travel. I suppose I could use Roon ARC to Airplay to the Poly. I also have a micro SD card I could use, but that feels lie another complex trial and error process.
MPDelux works well to play from the SD card. Can you say a bit about how Mojo2 drives Stealth and Expanse?

Dec 5, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #17,425 of 18,778
Actually, once you have the Poly up and running, it's fairly simple to use a micro SD card with it, which gives you the best sound quality, IMO. You'd just need an app on your phone to act as a GUI. On Android, I've found BubbleUPnP to be pretty reliable.

On an airplane, you can use the Poly in hotspot mode and connect your phone to Poly's WiFi.

Dec 6, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #17,428 of 18,778
Have upgraded to the mojo 2 + poly combo and have not looked back since. Besides the buttons, they are a great portable and desktop option for hifi audio
Agreed, the combo is outstanding. I have my Mojo 2 paired with a Cayin C9 and I’m getting desktop level performance out of them.

Dec 6, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #17,430 of 18,778
Mojo 2 dsp + cayin c9 changeable timbre.
Fun combo! How are you liking it so far
Love it. I can hookup all of my full-sized headphones to this combo and drive them without issue. The timbre of the C9 combined with the technicalities of the Mojo 2 makes great music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back