Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 16, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #17,401 of 18,778
Question, why does poly “Everything Else” mode only play one album at a time, once an album has finished it doesn’t move on to the other album. Anyone know why ?

this is when its playing from the sd card with gofigure, but it dont matter as other apps work, it was just me forgetting how gofigure works

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2022 at 5:41 AM Post #17,402 of 18,778
The SD card I have the playlists on is in the Poly and not in my phone. I think that’s where my challenge is.
Sorry, maybe I was not clear. SD card with music is in the Poly and I am using the mconnect app on my mobile to choose songs.
I had very poor performance until I have removed the battery optimisation setting for the mconnect app.

Nov 16, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #17,403 of 18,778
Hi guys. I want to upgrade my Mojo 2 with Poly to have an easy way of listening to music while on go. And currently I use Mojo 2 as a usb DAC with Windows PC. Is there a way to connect Poly to PC and use MojoPoly while playing games or watching movies? If yes, will there be a noticeable latency? Or every time I’ll need to use my Mojo with PC, as I do now, I should disconnect Poly and connect Mojo directly with a cable?

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #17,404 of 18,778
Hi guys. I want to upgrade my Mojo 2 with Poly to have an easy way of listening to music while on go. And currently I use Mojo 2 as a usb DAC with Windows PC. Is there a way to connect Poly to PC and use MojoPoly while playing games or watching movies? If yes, will there be a noticeable latency? Or every time I’ll need to use my Mojo with PC, as I do now, I should disconnect Poly and connect Mojo directly with a cable?
To use Mojo 2 with your PC, you will need to physically disconnect Poly. That being said, if you want to use Mojo 2 away from your PC for any substantial listening, Poly is a great solution.

Nov 16, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #17,405 of 18,778
That's too bad. I don't mind using GoFigure, but I'll probably need to cut down the number of playlists on the SD card so it's usable. Right now I have a playlist per album and it really struggles to fetch them.
After you create all your playlists, Gofigure will only fetch them once. Gofigure will remember them until the next time you add another playlist or songs. If you add new songs/playlists seldomly, it is not that bad.

I just timed the playlist fetching time with my 894 playlists collection. Gofigure took around 10 minutes to fetch them. I only add new albums/playlists once a few months. For me, it is acceptable.

IMG_20221116_074345.jpg

edit: Did the same test in 2GO. It took only a few seconds to fetch all 894 playlists via WiFi. I wish Chord implements that in Poly.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2022 at 7:58 AM Post #17,407 of 18,778
Hi, how can I create MPD playlists on a windows PC? I trie it in the MPDPlayer app on my iPhone but MPDPlayer doesn’t see all song, folders and albums, so I couldn’t get all my music visible. MConnect does but cannot create MPD playlists.
you could build the playlist in notepad and save as a .m3u file, or you could try maximum mpd. it builds playlist and saves to SD. not the most intuitive app, but it will build playlists for poly

Nov 18, 2022 at 9:34 PM Post #17,409 of 18,778
Question, why does poly “Everything Else” mode only play one album at a time, once an album has finished it doesn’t move on to the other album. Anyone know why ?

this is when its playing from the sd card with gofigure, but it dont matter as other apps work, it was just me forgetting how gofigure works
In Gofigure, it plays one playlist at a time. It doesn't go to another playlist automatically.

Nov 19, 2022 at 5:01 AM Post #17,410 of 18,778
We need to get Chord updating the App and Poly/2go to include Quobuz, Tidal, Amazon Music and allow better SD card access and UX. If we all write a mail to the service folks (as I did) they may do something.

Please do this, too. The power of an aligned customer base.

Nov 19, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #17,411 of 18,778
Hi y'all,
I always hear a static or crackling sounds at the beginning of every dsd song file played from the sd card on poly. Does anyone have the same experience and are able to get rid of it? I am using mcconnect app for playback, please do chime in

Nov 19, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #17,412 of 18,778
Having the ability/feature to play music from an SD card without a good native music app is so strange to me. Because of that, I've been using my Fiio M11 Plus more because I can use Media Monkey to sync my iTunes playlists to it and it just works. No weird playlist creation requirement that I need another piece of software to create them. I'm trying to come up with reasons to keep the Mojo2/Poly but I'm struggling.

Nov 19, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #17,413 of 18,778
Having the ability/feature to play music from an SD card without a good native music app is so strange to me. Because of that, I've been using my Fiio M11 Plus more because I can use Media Monkey to sync my iTunes playlists to it and it just works. No weird playlist creation requirement that I need another piece of software to create them. I'm trying to come up with reasons to keep the Mojo2/Poly but I'm struggling.
I also had the same struggling, using Mojo2 and Fiio M11 Plus ESS. And after 2 or 3 month of using them both decided to sell M11 and leave only Mojo2 just because of higher sound quality. Of course the listening process was smoother with M11 but quality of the sound is priority for me.

Nov 19, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #17,414 of 18,778
I also had the same struggling, using Mojo2 and Fiio M11 Plus ESS. And after 2 or 3 month of using them both decided to sell M11 and leave only Mojo2 just because of higher sound quality. Of course the listening process was smoother with M11 but quality of the sound is priority for me.
I’m going to have to sit down and do some serious A/B comparisons for that exact reason.

Nov 19, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #17,415 of 18,778
In Gofigure, it plays one playlist at a time. It doesn't go to another playlist automatically.

Yes, I had just forgot, to get round this problem use MConnect, or create a single folder on your sd card on your pc, make one folder and add as many files you can transfer. Dont make any new folders, and once you have done that, poly should then index them and you will have 1 folder with all or alot of your music.

I forgot to do that the last time I formatted poly’s sd card. But yes, you can do it that way or use MConnect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back