Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 5, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #16,741 of 18,896
Folks, another question.

When on the go and where there is no wifi, is there a way I can stream Tidal from my android phone to the Poly using BubbleUPnP (via wifi hotspot), but at the same time, still being able to use my phone data for surfing?
Can you phone create a hotspot? If so, Poly can join that and work like on any network.

Feb 5, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #16,743 of 18,896
I've been wondering if a poly would be any use to me (I obviously have a mojo) and primarily listen to Tidal plus a bit of Spotify with an Android phone. I don't use Roon.
If the poly would support Tidal connect it would be ideal, but I don't think it does, and I wouldn't want to use bluetooth.
It seems like the Poly would be useless to me, but is this really the case?

Feb 5, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #16,744 of 18,896
Yes, but when i enabled my phone as a wifi hotspot and the phone connected, i wouldn't be able to surf the Internet on my phone
Try this:

Feb 5, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #16,745 of 18,896
I've been wondering if a poly would be any use to me (I obviously have a mojo) and primarily listen to Tidal plus a bit of Spotify with an Android phone. I don't use Roon.
If the poly would support Tidal connect it would be ideal, but I don't think it does, and I wouldn't want to use bluetooth.
It seems like the Poly would be useless to me, but is this really the case?
Poly sounds better.

Feb 5, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #16,748 of 18,896
Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022 at 1:52 AM Post #16,750 of 18,896
Considering picking up a Poly now the firmware seems more stable. Quick question for a newcomer, what’s the best quality option for wifi streaming Apple Music from an iPhone - is it limited to via AirPlay? I’ve seen Mconnect mentioned but that’s mostly been in reference to Tidal & Qobuz. Just getting my head around it all.

Feb 7, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #16,751 of 18,896
Considering picking up a Poly now the firmware seems more stable. Quick question for a newcomer, what’s the best quality option for wifi streaming Apple Music from an iPhone - is it limited to via AirPlay? I’ve seen Mconnect mentioned but that’s mostly been in reference to Tidal & Qobuz. Just getting my head around it all.
Airplay is the only option for Apple Music on iOS . Mconnect don’t support Apple Music .

Feb 7, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #16,753 of 18,896
Airplay is the only option for Apple Music on iOS . Mconnect don’t support Apple Music .
I just got Mconnect working with Tidal and Qobuz but Hirez songs don't stream in Hirez to the Poly/Mojo, they are downsamples to CD quality I believe. Is this a limitation of the Poly? Is there way other than Roon to stream Hirez from Tidal or Qobuz?

Feb 7, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #16,754 of 18,896
I just got Mconnect working with Tidal and Qobuz but Hirez songs don't stream in Hirez to the Poly/Mojo, they are downsamples to CD quality I believe. Is this a limitation of the Poly? Is there way other than Roon to stream Hirez from Tidal or Qobuz?
I can stream 96/24 from Qobuz using mconnect. Are you sure you are not using Airplay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back