Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 3, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #16,711 of 19,049
True, but doesn't the connected headphone have a part to play in this too? I'm using my Hugo 2 with the KSE1200 ATM and to me it sounds very nice indeed.
It’s all relative. I am not saying Hugo 2 sounds bad per se.

Feb 3, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #16,712 of 19,049
True, but doesn't the connected headphone have a part to play in this too? I'm using my Hugo 2 with the KSE1200 ATM and to me it sounds very nice indeed.

This is well said. I think it’s best to seek neutrality from a DAC and then allow the headphone selection to provide one with the balance they prefer.

The warmer sound that came from Mojo 1 was caused by a capacitor that actually colored the sound. If coloration is preferred then it’s easy enough to add that with a choice of cables or ear pads or headphones or eq. But if it’s the DAC that’s colored, one can never move past that regardless of what they throw at it.

Appreciation for a particular DAC’s coloration also sets one up for disappointment when a successor is released. The natural progression is for each successive DAC to impose less of itself on the music. The H2 achieves that in an astounding way and yet because it’s not colored by having the extra capacitor that Mojo 1 has, this has caused some to not be able to appreciate what how advanced it really is.

Feb 4, 2022 at 1:49 AM Post #16,713 of 19,049
After a time of waiting for some feedback here, i decided to upgrade to fw 3.0. very smooth and fast in comparison to earlierer fw flashes.

maybe already asked many times. But how could i fix the playlist/ indexing thing in GoFigure App? I deleted already all files i found on the sdcard except the audio files via PC. In the past it worked.

thank you

Feb 4, 2022 at 5:06 AM Post #16,714 of 19,049
I have already contacted Chord about this but sharing here to tap into some community wisdom, just in case there’s an easy workaround.

I recently got the Poly and Mojo2. I charged the Poly and Mojo2 for 8 hours before first use as advised. Connected to Poly’s hotspot and input my Wi-Fi network SSID and password (they don’t have any special characters and the network supports 2.4ghz connections with Google Nest Mesh). Poly rebooted and now flashes blue P-status meaning it’s not being able to connect to my Wi-Fi network. Now when I try to re-enable hotspot mode by pressing the config button for 7 seconds nothing happens i.e no P-status flashing blue/green. In other words, Poly is stuck trying and failing to connect to my Wifi network and I can’t enter hotspot mode anymore. It’s essentially bricked :-/

I’ve also tried to use Gofigure app but the Poly is not detected on the initial screen. Unfortunately, I don’t know which firmware version is installed by default in my unit. I *think* it was 2.x but not entirely sure to be honest. I realise that I need to install the latest firmware in order to use Poly with the Mojo2 but it seems I need to get past the initial network setup in order to do so in the Gofigure app.

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #16,715 of 19,049
I have already contacted Chord about this but sharing here to tap into some community wisdom, just in case there’s an easy workaround.

I recently got the Poly and Mojo2. I charged the Poly and Mojo2 for 8 hours before first use as advised. Connected to Poly’s hotspot and input my Wi-Fi network SSID and password (they don’t have any special characters and the network supports 2.4ghz connections with Google Nest Mesh). Poly rebooted and now flashes blue P-status meaning it’s not being able to connect to my Wi-Fi network. Now when I try to re-enable hotspot mode by pressing the config button for 7 seconds nothing happens i.e no P-status flashing blue/green. In other words, Poly is stuck trying and failing to connect to my Wifi network and I can’t enter hotspot mode anymore. It’s essentially bricked :-/

I’ve also tried to use Gofigure app but the Poly is not detected on the initial screen. Unfortunately, I don’t know which firmware version is installed by default in my unit. I *think* it was 2.x but not entirely sure to be honest. I realise that I need to install the latest firmware in order to use Poly with the Mojo2 but it seems I need to get past the initial network setup in order to do so in the Gofigure app.
It’s difficult to advise without knowing your firmware version. Wifi was completeley rewritten at version 2.0.0 and behaves differently afterwards. It could be that you are not connecting to your wireless access point or that you are connecting and not being served an IP address. What happens when you power off?

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #16,716 of 19,049
It’s difficult to advise without knowing your firmware version. Wifi was completeley rewritten at version 2.0.0 and behaves differently afterwards. It could be that you are not connecting to your wireless access point or that you are connecting and not being served an IP address. What happens when you power off?
What happens in what sense? My understanding is that Poly doesn't really turn off when you power off the Mojo. I've seen some people mention that it might be worth draining the battery and charging again as as way to fully reboot. Is that what you're referring to?

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #16,717 of 19,049
What happens in what sense? My understanding is that Poly doesn't really turn off when you power off the Mojo. I've seen some people mention that it might be worth draining the battery and charging again as as way to fully reboot. Is that what you're referring to?
What happens to Poly status light. Does it go out, keep flashing or stay on solid?

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #16,719 of 19,049
What happens to Poly status light. Does it go out, keep flashing or stay on solid?
When I turn it on, the P-status light flashes blue for about 30 seconds then turns off. When I turn it off while the P-status light is flashing blue, the light continues to flash until it turns off after 30 seconds (just like when you turn it on). When I turn it off after the P-status light turns off after 30 seconds, the P-status light remains off.

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #16,720 of 19,049
When I turn it on, the P-status light flashes blue for about 30 seconds then turns off. When I turn it off while the P-status light is flashing blue, the light continues to flash until it turns off after 30 seconds (just like when you turn it on). When I turn it off after the P-status light turns off after 30 seconds, the P-status light remains off.
I have not seen that before - stop flashing after 30 seconds after turn on. Are you certain Poly has sufficient charge? What happens if you turn it on while it is on charge?

Feb 4, 2022 at 8:13 AM Post #16,721 of 19,049
I have not seen that before - stop flashing after 30 seconds after turn on. Are you certain Poly has sufficient charge? What happens if you turn it on while it is on charge?

I left it charging for 8+ hours. This might a case of defective battery.

Feb 4, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #16,724 of 19,049
What happens if you turn it on while it is actually on charge?

It shows the white P-status light which means it’s charging I guess. I'll leave it charging for a few more hours to see if helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back