Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 18, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #16,111 of 18,762
What are the file name and playlist requirements for music on SD card? Gofigure sees the m3u playlist (points to the flac files on the card and not IP address) but doesn’t play anything. Why does chord expect us to guess how they want the files and folders names? Connecting to wifi to access local storage music is pretty dumb, NGL.

May 18, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #16,112 of 18,762
What are the file name and playlist requirements for music on SD card? Gofigure sees the m3u playlist (points to the flac files on the card and not IP address) but doesn’t play anything. Why does chord expect us to guess how they want the files and folders names? Connecting to wifi to access local storage music is pretty dumb, NGL.
I have >400 MPD playlists, and have no problem at all. Some of my folders, files, and playlists have special characters, and gofigure has no problem displaying them. What software do you use to create playlist? I use Cantata and M.A.L.P.

May 18, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #16,113 of 18,762
I have >400 MPD playlists, and have no problem at all. Some of my folders, files, and playlists have special characters, and gofigure has no problem displaying them. What software do you use to create playlist? I use Cantata and M.A.L.P.
Foobar. It’s really just a text file with relative file path and file name. I also don't have "Quickplay Controls" in Gofigure. I just see the playlist but doesn't do anything when I touch it.

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #16,114 of 18,762
Foobar. It’s really just a text file with relative file path and file name. I also don't have "Quickplay Controls" in Gofigure. I just see the playlist but doesn't do anything when I touch it.
Looks like the path is not compatible with MPD/gofigure.

Here is an example of one the my playlist:
HiRes/HD music/03_Tchaikovsky_Hopak.wav

The actual path in my SD card is:

HiRes\HD music\03_Tchaikovsky_Hopak.wav

Hope it help.

May 19, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #16,116 of 18,762
I have no idea what that experience must have been like 😂

I totally understand the pain and joy of being an early access user - I was an early adopter of Linn’s network streamer more than a decade ago.
Ha ha, I bought my Linn DS in 2009. I feel your pain. There were a couple of times it nearly got ripped out and returned. Until the experience became 100% predictable it was hugely frustrating. To Linn's credit, they worked through the issues, and only last week they pushed another firmware update. For a system bought in 2009, I think that is very impressive. Funny how things go full circle. I'd saved for all last year, for TT2 & M Scaler to replace my DS (it's always been a sterile sounding system). They were arriving on the 25th. I cancelled them both today.
This recent experience with Chord & Gofigure, and having to return to using the pin just stopped me in my tracks.
I have put up with a lot being one of the early purchasers of Poly. I am not reverting to the ridiculous pin. We are evolving backwards. This is 2021.

Poly & Gofigure has been a work in progress for too long (particularly on Android, and looking at messages from the 2Go Android users, this doesn't appear to be changing soon. The sound was great, but the product is useless for me now.
Reluctantly I'll ebay Poly to a "lucky" Apple user. I can't bring myself to sell Mojo just yet.

May 19, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #16,117 of 18,762
I think you have to update the poly firmware before the new playlist functionality will become available.
So I have to wait for the new/unreleased one? I am already on 2.04.

May 19, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #16,118 of 18,762
May 19, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #16,119 of 18,762
Ha ha, I bought my Linn DS in 2009. I feel your pain. There were a couple of times it nearly got ripped out and returned. Until the experience became 100% predictable it was hugely frustrating. To Linn's credit, they worked through the issues, and only last week they pushed another firmware update. For a system bought in 2009, I think that is very impressive. Funny how things go full circle. I'd saved for all last year, for TT2 & M Scaler to replace my DS (it's always been a sterile sounding system). They were arriving on the 25th. I cancelled them both today.
This recent experience with Chord & Gofigure, and having to return to using the pin just stopped me in my tracks.
I have put up with a lot being one of the early purchasers of Poly. I am not reverting to the ridiculous pin. We are evolving backwards. This is 2021.

Poly & Gofigure has been a work in progress for too long (particularly on Android, and looking at messages from the 2Go Android users, this doesn't appear to be changing soon. The sound was great, but the product is useless for me now.
Reluctantly I'll ebay Poly to a "lucky" Apple user. I can't bring myself to sell Mojo just yet.
With a budget like TT2+M Scaler, you could have just stepped to the latest Akurate DSM with Katalyst or buy used Klimax DSM Katalyst. First gen DS (other than Klimax) was meh.

May 19, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #16,121 of 18,762
The rumor said an automatic playlist creation function will be add to the new firmware. You can use playlists with 2.04. Just make sure your playlists have the correct format.
my playlist is in the correct format; just doesn't work.

May 19, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #16,123 of 18,762
Just got Poly setup today. I’m running in hotspot mode, which I’d probably be using often. But I’ll also be using at home and would be great to use at a Roon end point. Is there an easy way to switch between hotspot mode and running off my home network? I’m sure I could figure it out, but thought I’d ask whether it’s even work it. Is it a pain to switch back and forth every time I leave the house or come home?

May 19, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #16,124 of 18,762
Just got Poly setup today. I’m running in hotspot mode, which I’d probably be using often. But I’ll also be using at home and would be great to use at a Roon end point. Is there an easy way to switch between hotspot mode and running off my home network? I’m sure I could figure it out, but thought I’d ask whether it’s even work it. Is it a pain to switch back and forth every time I leave the house or come home?
You need to use GoFigure, but Roon works so well like this, it’s worth it. Just takes a minute.

May 19, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #16,125 of 18,762
Could you copy and paste one of your playlists here? It should work if you create the playlist using one of the MPD applications.
@chesebert and @pkny please don't get too stressed yet.

The first possible root cause is that chesebert has updated GoFigure, but cannot update the Poly firmware until Chord release the Poly update - everything may work correctly once the Poly is updated.

The second possible root cause is the angle of the slashes in the playlist code. I remember posts early in the Poly or 2Go thread flagging up that Poly expect one type of slash in the address, but some apps generate the other type of slash.
Easy to rectify using a text editor, or recreating the playlists using Cantata is an alternative option.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back