Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 15, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #16,081 of 18,761
Works with iOS 14.4.2 and 12.5.2 but my impression is that it takes quite a bit longer to connect to Poly (over a minute).
Yeah I've been finding the same. It used to connect in about 10 seconds or so but now the progress bar takes a long time to make it to the end. The only bonus I've noticed is that GoFigure now shows the names of the wifi networks I have set up - before they all showed up with blank names so I could never tell which network is was connected to. Other than that, no worthwhile differences I've seen so far but I guess it may become apparent if there's a Poly update shortly.

May 15, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #16,084 of 18,761
Works with iOS 14.4.2 and 12.5.2 but my impression is that it takes quite a bit longer to connect to Poly (over a minute).
I’m on iOS 14.5.1 (iPhone 12 Pro) and the new version of GoFigure, and it seems to work fine. It does take a bit longer to connect, or at least download the info it needs to operate the Poly, but it’s all good from there on. I’ve tried the basic features and they seem fine. I haven’t tried adding any radio stations yet, which had been an issue when I first hit the Poly, but I’m hopeful.
I’m looking forward to the new Poly FW delivery now, and will install it when it is available.

PS, I’m using Glider 2.1.2, and that still seems to work, but I did manage to crash it by trying to play with playlists.

Cheers, Bob

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #16,085 of 18,761
You don't know me, but I see that your response to me having a different POV to you is to label me as a troll.
Yes. When you think "just buy a different phone" is a reasonable answer to a person who has spent hundreds of dollars on a product that used to work, but now doesn't, then you must be trolling.

You started the whole thing with "people like you"
And now you're claiming I don't know you? Well, guess what, you don't know me.

The reason I asked if you were having a bad month was because you used to give good advice, in a calm and rational manner, but these last few posts of yours have been rude and condescending.

You were completely in the wrong for suggesting "headmanPL" should get a new phone, and that he was at fault for chords update not working.

Before that you were overly rude to a "finepics"

And now you were rude towards me.

May 15, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #16,086 of 18,761
Not that bad a month.
I guess you are from the group of posters who believe that users are always 100% correct in everything they do/post, and Chord are always wrong in everything they do.
Over the past few years I have made thousands of posts, trying to help users.
Inevitably there will be users, who don't like every post.
:relaxed:
You don't know me, but I see that your response to me having a different POV to you is to label me as a troll.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...ful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/post-16354643

A few posts later another poster implies that I have mental health issues.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...ful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/post-16354972

I am damned if I do post, and then damned again if I try to defend my point of view.
It does feel like I am being bullied into quitting head-fi.

Hang in there dude.

May 16, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #16,087 of 18,761
The GoFigure connection takes forever (it was already slow) and MConnect can't see Poly as a renderer anymore. It sees the server, but not the renderer. I've never had a problem with the renderer part before. I tried the hard reset stuff described above. What a disappointment

May 16, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #16,088 of 18,761
I only ever use MaximumMPD for playing off the SD card now, with poly's hotspot on and my iPhone set up in 'hybrid' mode to connect and poly and still be able to use cell data. It's a basic interface but works great.

Only recurring issue is when the phone has gone to sleep and I reopen it and it's connected to a different wi-fi network and I have to reconnect to poly to stop/change play - but that's not a MaximumMPD issue and I've had that since the start when using other software too.
Thanks for this, my Mconnect is toast but this works great

May 17, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #16,090 of 18,761
Apple just announced Apple Music lossless up to 24 bit . I wonder would poly be able to take advantage of it .
All I can think of is via airplay but airplay only does 16bit 44k .

May 18, 2021 at 1:07 AM Post #16,093 of 18,761
I just got a Poly/Mojo combo and I am confused on where to enter user info for Tidal/Qobuz in Gofigure app? I can see in various reviews showing options to enter user info in Gofigure app, but I don't see the option in the app. I am using mconnect to access Tidal/Qobuz and it works fine.

May 18, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #16,094 of 18,761
I just got a Poly/Mojo combo and I am confused on where to enter user info for Tidal/Qobuz in Gofigure app? I can see in various reviews showing options to enter user info in Gofigure app, but I don't see the option in the app. I am using mconnect to access Tidal/Qobuz and it works fine.
It seems like the gofigure update last week will now handle that info differently, which may explain why you don't see the option. Best to wait a few days for the Poly firmware update, and hopefully things will become clearer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back