Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 11, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #16,051 of 18,752
I only ever use MaximumMPD for playing off the SD card now, with poly's hotspot on and my iPhone set up in 'hybrid' mode to connect and poly and still be able to use cell data. It's a basic interface but works great.

Only recurring issue is when the phone has gone to sleep and I reopen it and it's connected to a different wi-fi network and I have to reconnect to poly to stop/change play - but that's not a MaximumMPD issue and I've had that since the start when using other software too.

May 12, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #16,052 of 18,752
I use mconnect with iphone and mojopoly. I had issues early on with mconnect recognising the mojopoly however that has stabilised. I have a number of repeaters that push the wifi signal around the house. The only time I get an issue now is if the iPhone is connected to a different repeater to the mojopoly. The iPhone will automatically move to the strongest signal where as the mojopoly needs to be turned off and on again to do the same thing. If they aren’t connected to the same repeater mconnect will not ‘see’ mojopoly. This is only the case if I use it as a streamer, if I turn it to hotspot mode to listen to music from the sd card as long as I have a wifi signal it is pretty solid.

May 12, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #16,053 of 18,752
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me... I have been having huge issues with my MojoPoly lately. Early on I had it happily streaming Tidal, but lately cannot get either Tidal or Qobuz to work with it. Here's what I'm doing:
  • Poly is in 'Everything Else' mode in GoFigure
  • Login details for Tidal and Qobuz entered via GoFigure (and double-checked for accuracy)
  • Poly is connected to a solid WiFi source (same WiFi as my Android phone)
  • Using Bubble UPnP, I can see Tidal and Qobuz as options when I select the Poly as a mediaserver in the Libraries menu
  • When I try to look at my playlists, favourite albums, etc. I receive a message about communication failing. The same message happens with Tidal and Qobuz.
Any tips?

May 13, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #16,056 of 18,752
May 13, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #16,057 of 18,752
Update to GoFigure etc:

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/news/gofigure-update-news-2/

Also a firmware update for the 2GO next week, “closely followed” by an update for the Poly. I will update my Poly as soon as the update is released.
Oh how wonderful.
My phone automatically updated via Play. It's running Android 11. It no longer works.
Chord direct me outside the Play store https://chordelectronics.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/collection.png
Are you kidding me? I am unable to follow this process from the dark ages, outside the secure Play store. It is a work provided phone, and quite rightly, does not allow me to install outside of the Play store. I have gone from a functioning control point, to nothing but the bloody pin to change config.
This Company needs to take a good look at itself and realise this is rubbish and expecting Android users to accept this shows how out of touch they have been, day 1 with the launch of Poly

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #16,059 of 18,752
Oh how wonderful.
My phone automatically updated via Play. It's running Android 11. It no longer works.
Chord direct me outside the Play store https://chordelectronics.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/collection.png
Are you kidding me? I am unable to follow this process from the dark ages, outside the secure Play store. It is a work provided phone, and quite rightly, does not allow me to install outside of the Play store. I have gone from a functioning control point, to nothing but the bloody pin to change config.
This Company needs to take a good look at itself and realise this is rubbish and expecting Android users to accept this shows how out of touch they have been, day 1 with the launch of Poly
I’m just passing the info on my friend. My iOS phone has updated fine :)

Have you reported your concerns to the Chord Support Team?

May 13, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #16,061 of 18,752
Not everyone will agree with your viewpoint.
Employees make a personal choice:
  1. Only use a work provided phone, and allow your employers to use cybersecurity and data security arguments to dictate what apps you can install on the phone, plus give employer IT consultants to monitor your private usage of apps, social media, emails, etc.
  2. use a work phone for work related phone for work activities, and buy a cheap personal phone for personal emails, social media, music apps etc.
  3. It looks like you want to blame Chord because you chose option 1
Good on you for missing the point.
The point was why deliver an update that only works for the 2 latest versions of Android, outside the Google play store.
The other point was that this was working, but now isn't. I am blaming Chord for that, not my choice of mobile.
If this method of delivery is good for you, that's excellent.
I believe it is totally wrong, and I now have no way of rolling back to a working control point. Perhaps this is how all app developers will choose to update their apps, and I am a dinosaur?

May 13, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #16,064 of 18,752
Your posts stressed that your use of a work mobile, was stopping you updating to the Chord proposed solution.
You chose to use a work mobile, and your employer is free to use their firewall to block all non-work related apps or drivers.
I am still not clear why you are blaming Chord, when the root cause is your choice to use a work mobile for everything.
If you cannot understand that context, then we are both wasting time debating the issue.
Still missing the point.
Where does the changelog say Android 10 & 11 not supported?
Should I have to look on every company webpage first?
Additionally, why half update in the app store, and half update outside the app store?
Who else does that?
Stop nitpicking on that specific mobile.
I also have a personal mobile. Also Android 11, but that manufacturer and Chord both agreed via troubleshooting that Poly wasn't compatible. This is why I had to use the Samsung.
What do you recommend now? A third mobile?
I suggest taking a step back from being a Chord defender and ask if any of this 'update' process is acceptable?

In my shoes, it isn't

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #16,065 of 18,752
Still missing the point.
Where does the changelog say Android 10 & 11 not supported?
Should I have to look on every company webpage first?
Additionally, why half update in the app store, and half update outside the app store?
Who else does that?
Stop nitpicking on that specific mobile.
I also have a personal mobile. Also Android 11, but that manufacturer and Chord both agreed via troubleshooting that Poly wasn't compatible. This is why I had to use the Samsung.
What do you recommend now? A third mobile?
I suggest taking a step back from being a Chord defender and ask if any of this 'update' process is acceptable?

In my shoes, it isn't
From Chord posted in 2go thread. Highlighted text added by me.

Hi all,

Apologies for the extended period of silence. We've been working away through-out this pandemic with as much haste as limitations would allow. A largely reduced work-force has resulted in long delays in all departments, but we have some good news.

Our Poly and 2go control application ‘Gofigure’ is receiving an update. This update will align the application with 2go’s new firmware update arriving on Tuesday 18th and allow access to new features, such as automatic MPD playlist building. This firmware update will be closely followed by a Poly update.

The app is automatically available to all those on the App store(ios) and Play Store (android). Users of Android 10 and above will receive a prompt message when opening the application, which supplies them with a link to an alternative version of the application on our website. Due to changes in the Play Store licensing, we must provide an alternative version for users of Android 10 and above. This does NOT effect the performance of the application.

🔻 Download from App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/gofigure-for-chord-electronics/id1344886041
🔻 Download from Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.companyname.PolyUniversal&hl=en_GB&gl=US

Attachments​

• Gofigure Gfx (v2.08 + v1.2.26).jpg
    Gofigure Gfx (v2.08 + v1.2.26).jpg
    736.9 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back