Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 13, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #16,066 of 18,780
From Chord posted in 2go thread. Highlighted text added by me.

Hi all,

Apologies for the extended period of silence. We've been working away through-out this pandemic with as much haste as limitations would allow. A largely reduced work-force has resulted in long delays in all departments, but we have some good news.

Our Poly and 2go control application ‘Gofigure’ is receiving an update. This update will align the application with 2go’s new firmware update arriving on Tuesday 18th and allow access to new features, such as automatic MPD playlist building. This firmware update will be closely followed by a Poly update.

The app is automatically available to all those on the App store(ios) and Play Store (android). Users of Android 10 and above will receive a prompt message when opening the application, which supplies them with a link to an alternative version of the application on our website. Due to changes in the Play Store licensing, we must provide an alternative version for users of Android 10 and above. This does NOT effect the performance of the application.

🔻 Download from App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/gofigure-for-chord-electronics/id1344886041
🔻 Download from Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.companyname.PolyUniversal&hl=en_GB&gl=US

Attachments​

• Gofigure Gfx (v2.08 + v1.2.26).jpg
    Gofigure Gfx (v2.08 + v1.2.26).jpg
    736.9 KB · Views: 0
@Daniel Johnston thank you

May 14, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #16,067 of 18,780
From Chord posted in 2go thread. Highlighted text added by me.

Hi all,

Apologies for the extended period of silence. We've been working away through-out this pandemic with as much haste as limitations would allow. A largely reduced work-force has resulted in long delays in all departments, but we have some good news.

Our Poly and 2go control application ‘Gofigure’ is receiving an update. This update will align the application with 2go’s new firmware update arriving on Tuesday 18th and allow access to new features, such as automatic MPD playlist building. This firmware update will be closely followed by a Poly update.

The app is automatically available to all those on the App store(ios) and Play Store (android). Users of Android 10 and above will receive a prompt message when opening the application, which supplies them with a link to an alternative version of the application on our website. Due to changes in the Play Store licensing, we must provide an alternative version for users of Android 10 and above. This does NOT effect the performance of the application.

🔻 Download from App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/gofigure-for-chord-electronics/id1344886041
🔻 Download from Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.companyname.PolyUniversal&hl=en_GB&gl=US

Attachments​

• Gofigure Gfx (v2.08 + v1.2.26).jpg
    Gofigure Gfx (v2.08 + v1.2.26).jpg
    736.9 KB · Views: 0
More from the 2Go thread:

Hi all,
Just to confirm. This app firmware update is in preparation of the arrival of 2gos new firmware on Tuesday 18th. Any changes will arrive with the new 2go update.
Please make sure you un-install the previous version of Gofigure before running the new one.

I also requested that Chord cross post here on the Poly thread.

May 14, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #16,068 of 18,780
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me... I have been having huge issues with my MojoPoly lately. Early on I had it happily streaming Tidal, but lately cannot get either Tidal or Qobuz to work with it. Here's what I'm doing:
  • Poly is in 'Everything Else' mode in GoFigure
  • Login details for Tidal and Qobuz entered via GoFigure (and double-checked for accuracy)
  • Poly is connected to a solid WiFi source (same WiFi as my Android phone)
  • Using Bubble UPnP, I can see Tidal and Qobuz as options when I select the Poly as a mediaserver in the Libraries menu
  • When I try to look at my playlists, favourite albums, etc. I receive a message about communication failing. The same message happens with Tidal and Qobuz.
Any tips?
The same happens with me. However, selecting Qobuz under Local and Cloud instead of Poly/mediaserver works. The same applies to mconnect on iOS.

May 15, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #16,071 of 18,780
Hi all, just updated to the latest version of GoFigure app and now AirPlay has stopped working. Anyone else experience this and find a fix? I have deleted the app and reinstalled it but no joy.

May 15, 2021 at 6:10 AM Post #16,072 of 18,780
The most basic Poly questions imaginable. I bought a used Mojo and Poly from Amazon a couple of years ago (the Poly was deeply discounted and it's condition listed as "badly scratched", there was not a scratch on it, after a while I thought, "do they mean the Poly logo? I think they do". Anyway, they have been unused for a while and I recently thought I'd try to update the firmware (I must be on 1.0.x) and put them back into service.

I connected them to an Apple USB charger using a 3rd party micro USB lead and the P status light came on white and turned off after about 5 hours. Is this normal when charging both, should both lights be on?

When I unplugged them and switched on the Mojo power light went out after a few seconds, is that normal?

I had a suspicion that perhaps the Poly was not fully charged so connected that on its own to the USB charger and the P status was white and stayed on for at least an hour so I left it overnight, in the morning the P status light was off. While the Poly was charging I tried playing music via the Apple CCK and all seemed OK, a 44KHz file caused the power light to glow red. Didn't seem overly loud to me, what volume should an iPhone X be at when playing through a Mojo? The volume lights were reddish.

When I reconnected the Poly to the Mojo and switched on, all lights came on red as they had been the previous evening but the P and M status lights stayed off. I left it alone for a few minutes and eventually the P status was pulsing blue indicating it was looking for a wifi network. While this is going on I am unable to see the Poly via bluetooth.

Now to the real question, the Poly came without its reset pin so tried a similar looking one from my iphone to attempt to put it into wifi discovery, that pin encounters no resistance whatever so inserting it seems to have no effect. A paperclip is longer but perhaps a bit thinner, that encounters no resistance either. Is there definitely a button to press which provides resistance to the pin?

I think I may have bought a damaged item which needs to go back to Chord for repair as I can't get it into wifi discovery mode or access it via bluetooth. Is there anything else I could try?

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #16,074 of 18,780
The most basic Poly questions imaginable. I bought a used Mojo and Poly from Amazon a couple of years ago (the Poly was deeply discounted and it's condition listed as "badly scratched", there was not a scratch on it, after a while I thought, "do they mean the Poly logo? I think they do". Anyway, they have been unused for a while and I recently thought I'd try to update the firmware (I must be on 1.0.x) and put them back into service.

I connected them to an Apple USB charger using a 3rd party micro USB lead and the P status light came on white and turned off after about 5 hours. Is this normal when charging both, should both lights be on?

When I unplugged them and switched on the Mojo power light went out after a few seconds, is that normal?

I had a suspicion that perhaps the Poly was not fully charged so connected that on its own to the USB charger and the P status was white and stayed on for at least an hour so I left it overnight, in the morning the P status light was off. While the Poly was charging I tried playing music via the Apple CCK and all seemed OK, a 44KHz file caused the power light to glow red. Didn't seem overly loud to me, what volume should an iPhone X be at when playing through a Mojo? The volume lights were reddish.

When I reconnected the Poly to the Mojo and switched on, all lights came on red as they had been the previous evening but the P and M status lights stayed off. I left it alone for a few minutes and eventually the P status was pulsing blue indicating it was looking for a wifi network. While this is going on I am unable to see the Poly via bluetooth.

Now to the real question, the Poly came without its reset pin so tried a similar looking one from my iphone to attempt to put it into wifi discovery, that pin encounters no resistance whatever so inserting it seems to have no effect. A paperclip is longer but perhaps a bit thinner, that encounters no resistance either. Is there definitely a button to press which provides resistance to the pin?

I think I may have bought a damaged item which needs to go back to Chord for repair as I can't get it into wifi discovery mode or access it via bluetooth. Is there anything else I could try?
If your Poly is still on 1.0.x then you will have to manually update several firmware versions (using the pin to 1.41?) before you can use GoFigure to automatically update to 2.0 etc.
I only ever had to perform one update using the pin (to get the firmware from 1.26 to 1.41?) but I did find that Poly did seem to have a mind of its own when updating.

Probably your first step should be to clarify which version of the firmware you are using:
  • If you plug your headphones into Mojo, and then try using the Poly pin, you should be able to hear Poly describing basic info about which firmware version you have, and which menu option to select.
  • I think there was also the option to use a PC or phone/tablet browser to identify the firmware, but I cannot remember the URL
Anyway, if you can identify the firmware version, you will then be able to identify how many firmware updates you have to perform, before you can 'ditch the pin'.
There is a lot of info in the official FAQ
plus owners able to offer advice in this thread.

May 15, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #16,075 of 18,780
If your Poly is still on 1.0.x then you will have to manually update several firmware versions (using the pin to 1.41?) before you can use GoFigure to automatically update to 2.0 etc.
I only ever had to perform one update using the pin (to get the firmware from 1.26 to 1.41?) but I did find that Poly did seem to have a mind of its own when updating.

Probably your first step should be to clarify which version of the firmware you are using:
  • If you plug your headphones into Mojo, and then try using the Poly pin, you should be able to hear Poly describing basic info about which firmware version you have, and which menu option to select.
  • I think there was also the option to use a PC or phone/tablet browser to identify the firmware, but I cannot remember the URL
Anyway, if you can identify the firmware version, you will then be able to identify how many firmware updates you have to perform, before you can 'ditch the pin'.
There is a lot of info in the official FAQ
plus owners able to offer advice in this thread.
Thank you, I think my issue may be more fundamental. I do not have the Poly pin but if I use an Apple pin then that meets no resistance so I am not sure if I am actually pressing anything. With other reset holes like that there is a definite feeling of clicking something, I don't get that so am wondering if I bought a damaged item.

May 15, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #16,077 of 18,780
Thank you, I think my issue may be more fundamental. I do not have the Poly pin but if I use an Apple pin then that meets no resistance so I am not sure if I am actually pressing anything. With other reset holes like that there is a definite feeling of clicking something, I don't get that so am wondering if I bought a damaged item.
I get resistance after about 3mm with a paper clip.

May 15, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #16,078 of 18,780
I get resistance after 3mm using the Poly pin.

There are pictures of the Poly circuit board here.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...ful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/post-13857459

The config switch is located below the SD card holder.
20171117_220522.jpg

It is quite a big target to hit, but if you cannot feel any resistance, then maybe you did buy a damaged Poly.
You can email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and see what they advise.

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #16,079 of 18,780
Works with iOS 14.4.2 and 12.5.2 but my impression is that it takes quite a bit longer to connect to Poly (over a minute).
Gofigure works perfectly with iOS 14.5.1 after the latest update a couple of days ago. What’s now broken is the UPnP server connection that MConnect app creates with their newest update that arrived only yesterday, (only a day after the previous update that fixed the then broken UPnP connection) - you following this?

May 15, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #16,080 of 18,780
Gofigure works perfectly with iOS 14.5.1 after the latest update a couple of days ago. What’s now broken is the UPnP server connection that MConnect app creates with their newest update that arrived only yesterday, (only a day after the previous update that fixed the then broken UPnP connection) - you following this?
Have just updated my iPad Mini to 14.5.1. Mconnect 3.3.46 is working OK with Poly as server and renderer.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back