Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 23, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #15,091 of 18,883
IMG_3001.JPG

Mar 24, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #15,093 of 18,883
I have had my MojoPoly since 2018 and after the initial steep learning curve I have been satisfied with the relative ease of use even allowing for the firmware update that caused a hiccup or two last year. But the one thing I had always been able to rely on was connection to my home WiFi until earlier this week.

Now I should have known better, but I thought the issue might have been the new Go Figure app released recently (Android) so did the usual trouble shooting including, re-running the wizard, clearing cache and storage, uninstalling, re-installaing along with doing the same for the apps I used, M.A.L.P, Mconnect (paid) but stopped short of doing the same for BubbleUPNP.

Not only that but tried the same on my other phone with the same disappointing results, not being able to connect to Poly with WiFi.

Silly me "how about rebooting your router (pronounced Rooter :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) @masterpfa"

Yes you've guessed all OK now.

:triumph::wink::zipper_mouth:

Mar 27, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #15,094 of 18,883
So what is 2Go doing better than Poly?

Everything. Stability, all audio playback options are on at all times so no need to switch through the GoFigure app.

I sold Poly recently as it continues to be a flawed product with all of its little quirks. 2Go, on the other hand, just works as it should...

Not to mention battery life, processing power and having two SD card slots and an Ethernet cable port.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #15,095 of 18,883
Everything. Stability, all audio playback options are on at all times so no need to switch through the GoFigure app.

I sold Poly recently as it continues to be a flawed product with all of its little quirks. 2Go, on the other hand, just works as it should...

Not to mention battery life, processing power and having two SD card slots and an Ethernet cable port.

Interesting, thanks for the reply. Poly works great for me. The only thing I don't like is having to switch between Roon and reading from the SD card. I would love to see that in a future update for Poly.

Mar 28, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #15,098 of 18,883
I thought there was going to be an update to Poly at the same time as 2go was released.

???

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #15,099 of 18,883
If I turn on the Poly + Mojo but only use the Poly module to stream HD music on my SD card to the Chord Dave, will it drain the battery of the Mojo (no audio is send to the Mojo)?

I hope the Mojo goes in some kind “standby” mode to conserve battery so that it is not empty after 8.5 hours.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #15,100 of 18,883
If I turn on the Poly + Mojo but only use the Poly module to stream HD music on my SD card to the Chord Dave, will it drain the battery of the Mojo (no audio is send to the Mojo)?

I hope the Mojo goes in some kind “standby” mode to conserve battery so that it is not empty after 8.5 hours.
The poly only works with the mojo

Mar 29, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #15,102 of 18,883
The poly only works with the mojo

My question is if the Poly + Mojo will only work for 8.5 hours if the Mojo is not being used (as the battery of the Mojo seems to be the limitation, rather than the battery of the Poly)

And I can stream content from the SD card inside the Poly to other devices on my network (not just the Mojo). So basically acting like a SD card reader.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #15,103 of 18,883
My question is if the Poly + Mojo will only work for 8.5 hours if the Mojo is not being used (as the battery of the Mojo seems to be the limitation, rather than the battery of the Poly)

And I can stream content from the SD card inside the Poly to other devices on my network (not just the Mojo). So basically acting like a SD card reader.

Has anyone tried to integrate the Poly towards another DAC? I know that the standard response is to say that it only works with the Mojo, but with standard interfaces (output via USB 2 over physical micro USB) should be possible...?

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #15,105 of 18,883
Has anyone tried to integrate the Poly towards another DAC? I know that the standard response is to say that it only works with the Mojo, but with standard interfaces (output via USB 2 over physical micro USB) should be possible...?
It’s not possible, you can try female to male usb leads but even if you power poly separately and try to connect another dac, poly will power off I think.
It could be down to the usb handshake, poly may only want to play with a device that identifies itself as a chord mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back