Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 29, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #15,106 of 19,125
Ok, thanks guys. It’s interesting information for a newbie like me. I see that one of the posts linked above by Miketlse says:

Though Poly can output to other devices you will still need to connect Poly to a charger or a Mojo to turn it on

so that seems to indicate to me that perhaps the Poly will stay on if a ‘charger’ is connected, and that has been my observation too. Am I wrong in that? If not, presumably an ordinary USB-connected booster battery could be connected to keep it awake, and the output of the Poly could be fed into another DAC, or maybe an M-Scaler :0)

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #15,107 of 19,125
It’s not possible, you can try female to male usb leads but even if you power poly separately and try to connect another dac, poly will power off I think.
It could be down to the usb handshake, poly may only want to play with a device that identifies itself as a chord mojo.

Ah, misread this post, sorry. That’s a shame then, but understandable from a Mojo/Poly sales p-o-v.

Mar 29, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #15,108 of 19,125
Ok, thanks guys. It’s interesting information for a newbie like me. I see that one of the posts linked above by Miketlse says:

Though Poly can output to other devices you will still need to connect Poly to a charger or a Mojo to turn it on

so that seems to indicate to me that perhaps the Poly will stay on if a ‘charger’ is connected, and that has been my observation too. Am I wrong in that? If not, presumably an ordinary USB-connected booster battery could be connected to keep it awake, and the output of the Poly could be fed into another DAC, or maybe an M-Scaler :0)
I remember a post from the early days of the thread, suggesting that was possible, but am unable to find it now.
Perhaps not surprising, because the Mods did delete several batches of posts from frustrated owners, and maybe the post that I am thinking about, was amongst one of those batches.
However, since then Chord have consistently posted that Poly will not work without Mojo.
In addition, I cannot remember reading any post from an owner, who had managed to connect Poly using cables, in order to be the music source for another Dac.

Mar 29, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #15,109 of 19,125
My question is if the Poly + Mojo will only work for 8.5 hours if the Mojo is not being used (as the battery of the Mojo seems to be the limitation, rather than the battery of the Poly)

And I can stream content from the SD card inside the Poly to other devices on my network (not just the Mojo). So basically acting like a SD card reader.

If that is the use case, to stream from the SD card to other devices, you are better off streaming from other storage in your network (PC, SSD, etc) as I can’t imagine streaming from Poly would sound (very) different If it’s the same file.

Mar 30, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #15,110 of 19,125
Has anyone tried to integrate the Poly towards another DAC? I know that the standard response is to say that it only works with the Mojo, but with standard interfaces (output via USB 2 over physical micro USB) should be possible...?
I wish they would make a 2yu equivalent for Poly...

Mar 30, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #15,111 of 19,125
If that is the use case, to stream from the SD card to other devices, you are better off streaming from other storage in your network (PC, SSD, etc) as I can’t imagine streaming from Poly would sound (very) different If it’s the same file.

It doesn’t sound different. But I am just too lazy to remove the SD card from the Poly and put it on one of my computer and stream from there :p

But that is indeed also possible.

Mar 30, 2020 at 4:16 AM Post #15,112 of 19,125
I wish they would make a 2yu equivalent for Poly...
Hmm, well that raises another point, although it is going off topic.....Could the 2GO be operated independently as a stand-alone streaming unit? Or is it also hamstrung by the requirement to be connected to another Chord product (TT2 or 2YU) ?

I’m really enjoying the Mojo and Poly, but the engineered-in requirements that might exist for the Poly and other units make me wary of spending large amounts of money on a TT2 and M-Scaler combo. Doubly so when I’d need to buy two more units to get a streaming solution from Chord to go with them.

Mar 30, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #15,113 of 19,125
After many months of uninterrupted service, my Poly did not connect in hotspot mode this morning. I successfully used it yesterday in network mode with Roon. Today, I powered up, switched from network to hotspot mode, and Gofigure restarted as usual. After that, I got the screenshot below with both the P and M LEDs a solid blue. I rebooted the MojoPoly and my iPhone and got the same results.

Any suggestions?

unnamed.png

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #15,115 of 19,125
So I just purchased a demo Poly and have had zero luck getting it connected to my Iphone XS-Max. Have downloaded the latest GoFigure app and it doesn't recognize the poly at all. As far as i can tell, the poly and mojo are fully charged. The p-status light just flashes blue regardless of what i do with my bluetooth or wifi settings, and pressing the config button does not seem to do anything. Am I missing something simple to get it to connect (to anything?)? Is there a post in this 1000-page thread that i should start with? My dealer is temporarily closed down due to COVID so I don't have a tech guy there to ask right now.

Thanks for any tips! Ed

Mar 31, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #15,116 of 19,125
So I just purchased a demo Poly and have had zero luck getting it connected to my Iphone XS-Max. Have downloaded the latest GoFigure app and it doesn't recognize the poly at all. As far as i can tell, the poly and mojo are fully charged. The p-status light just flashes blue regardless of what i do with my bluetooth or wifi settings, and pressing the config button does not seem to do anything. Am I missing something simple to get it to connect (to anything?)? Is there a post in this 1000-page thread that i should start with? My dealer is temporarily closed down due to COVID so I don't have a tech guy there to ask right now.

Thanks for any tips! Ed

Do you have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled in your iPhone?

Mar 31, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #15,120 of 19,125
I read in the manual that the Poly only communicates on 2.4ghz networks.

yep ive tried both 2.4 and 5ghz settings. I've had noproblems with bluetooth and wifi on any other devices. The dealer said the poly tested fine when shipped but requires 'a non-intuitive setup' whatever that means (ie don't follow the steps on the manual, which iv'e tried already). Pretty much everything i've read lately online however seems to indicate that gofigure should see poly when doing its initial scan. Gofigure does not recognize any devices

Users who are viewing this thread

Back