Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 2, 2017 at 4:17 AM Post #1,801 of 19,168
@Mojo ideas
Hello, I have some doubts:
-It is possible to play the contents of the SDCard with the Roon mobile application?
-Still not is clear to me this point, it is possible to control bluetooth? What applications are recommended?
Best regards
To your first question Yes it is like a Nas drive, you'll be able to set up Roon core Software running on the computer to point to Poly's SD card. This means you can then use the Roon mobile App to play from SD card directly to Poly.
Your second question- do you mean can you control the SD via blue tooth Yes through the chord App
I'm sure that you can now see why Poly should really not be thought of as a simple device. The combination of high level ultra compact fast hardware and superb slick software will enable almost all the use cases that can be thought of.

Aug 2, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #1,802 of 19,168
To your first question Yes it is like a Nas drive, you'll be able to set up Roon core Software running on the computer to point to Poly's SD card. This means you can then use the Roon mobile App to play from SD card directly to Poly.
Your second question- do you mean can you control the SD via blue tooth Yes through the chord App
I'm sure that you can now see why Poly should really not be thought of as a simple device. The combination of high level ultra compact fast hardware and superb slick software will enable almost all the use cases that can be thought of.
Hi John, i know the Poly has blue tooth and the whole point of it is to use with the Mojo but will it connect to bluetooth headphones and play the music from the SD card. By the way i always look forward to your posts and cant wait for the Poly.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #1,803 of 19,168
Hi John, i know the Poly has blue tooth and the whole point of it is to use with the Mojo but will it connect to bluetooth headphones and play the music from the SD card. By the way i always look forward to your posts and cant wait for the Poly.
The simple answer to this is a no. Poly's Bluetooth module is a receiver only . I perhaps wonder why you would ever want to do as you enquired about. Because at present Poly can only be switched on by being connected to a Mojo that is switched on. So why would you bother with some low specified Bluetooth headphones when you'd have a great sounding Mojo in your pocket that has to be switched on anyway, as Batman once said "It's the Dac Man"it's all about the Dac right" .....or did he say that about the Car? ....I can never remember.! Anyhow if you want to cast the music on poly' SD to another WiFi audio system you can do that of course and if that system transmits Bluetooth you in business but it all gets very convoluted

Aug 2, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #1,804 of 19,168
as Batman once said "It's the Dac Man"it's all about the Dac right" .....or did he say that about the Car? ....I can never remember.!

LOL! :)

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #1,805 of 19,168
The simple answer to this is a no. Poly's Bluetooth module is a receiver only . I perhaps wonder why you would ever want to do as you enquired about. Because at present Poly can only be switched on by being connected to a Mojo that is switched on. So why would you bother with some low specified Bluetooth headphones when you'd have a great sounding Mojo in your pocket that has to be switched on anyway, as Batman once said "It's the Dac Man"it's all about the Dac right" .....or did he say that about the Car? ....I can never remember.! Anyhow if you want to cast the music on poly' SD to another WiFi audio system you can do that of course and if that system transmits Bluetooth you in business but it all gets very convoluted
Thanks John for the reply I thought you may say that. Great reply for a rainy day in the uk

Aug 2, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #1,806 of 19,168
?..Because at present Poly can only be switched on by being connected to a Mojo that is switched on. ...

Hi John,

Does the above line on your post mean that Poly will not work with Hugo or any other equipment ("at present") and are there plans to make it work with Hugo and others in the future?

Thanks,
Waiting for Poly...

Aug 2, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #1,812 of 19,168
We at Chord are making 500 cases available free of charge splitting these to our distributors who will receive them with their first production shipments they will most likely order some more so i guess it's very likely you'll get your free case

I spoke to a contact of mine at Sevenoaks Sound&Vision in London today. He was not quite clear how it all works with the free cases but said that he is happy to provide you guys with proof of the preorder so that I can be allocated a free case for when Poly ships.
Would that work John? If that's the case, I will be preordering a unit first thing tomorrow morning.

Many thanks,
Nick

Aug 2, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #1,813 of 19,168
I spoke to a contact of mine at Sevenoaks Sound&Vision in London today. He was not quite clear how it all works with the free cases but said that he is happy to provide you guys with proof of the preorder so that I can be allocated a free case for when Poly ships.
Would that work John? If that's the case, I will be preordering a unit first thing tomorrow morning.

Many thanks,
Nick
It sounds like there are already several thousand pre-orders (some of them placed as long ago as January) ahead of you in the queue.
They should have priority regarding any of the cases. :rage:

Aug 2, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #1,814 of 19,168
Seeing as Mojo & Poly really need a case to help them stay securely together it would have been much prefered to include case with the Poly at cost price, adding £10 to price.

No one wants to buy a £60 retail cost case on top of £500 Poly especially if already bought Mojo case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back