Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 22, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #14,836 of 18,778
Hello,
I am new to the Mojo/Poly combo and am struggling with some issues. I was hoping someone here can give me some pointers. I Am using an iphone with latest iOS. Roon seems to be working fine (in my short trials). I have been trying 8player and mconnect to stream music from Tidal or Qobuz and have run into the following issues:
8player:
1. It seems I can only search preset folders (Featured playlists, Genres, Moods, My music and What’s New), but cannot find a way to search the catalogue.
2. When looking through “My Music” everything works except “Favorite Albums” whenever I go there i get the error “Service login or communication failure”. Oddly, all the others (favorite artists, favorite playlists and so forth work.
3. Qobuz will not work for me. Discover Genres and Discover catalog give me “Service login or communication failure”, When i go to Favourites, I get the same error, unless there is no data (I have no favorite artists saved and it shows me that the folder is empty; for all the other favorite categories I get the same error as above.

Mconnect:
Seems to work a lot better. Qobuz and Tidal work and let me browse their catalogues. I personally like the user interface of McConnect better than 8player.
Qobuz works without problem.
Tidal works except for “my favorites”, which makes the app crash within seconds. I assume that is a problem with the app.

I would appreciate any advice or pointers.

Jan 22, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #14,837 of 18,778
Fwiw I use Poly for just this purpose (checking WAVs of mixes) but I use M.A.L.P (mpd based). It works great - all apart from the tiresome wait for reindexing the card. A suggestion would be to have a separate small "scratch" SD to use just for quickly checking stuff as otherwise the wait is interminable. I know that's not connected to your scrubbing issue in bubble however - just a friendly thought!

Jan 22, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #14,838 of 18,778
Can we get an update on Google Casting? Is it dead in the water?

Jan 23, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #14,839 of 18,778
Anybody know which data Poly uses while in AirPlay mode, when away from your home WiFi network; hotspot or LTE data? I check my Verizon wireless Unlimited data plan daily, but I don’t see any hotspot usage, just LTE data. My hotspot is limited to 20 GB’s per month, so I’m guessing it’s just using my unlimited LTE data plan while in hotspot/AirPlay mode. Dunno.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #14,840 of 18,778
I discovered something this morning that may help anyone having battery/charging problems. Having invested in a decent 2.6A charger I was annoyed to see that both Poly and Mojo lights were still not white-charging at the same time and one would flash.

A change of USB cable and now they are both solid white. Apparently USB cables are amp rated!

This may be old news to some but hey at least I know my Polly’s ok!

Jan 24, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #14,841 of 18,778
I discovered something this morning that may help anyone having battery/charging problems. Having invested in a decent 2.6A charger I was annoyed to see that both Poly and Mojo lights were still not white-charging at the same time and one would flash.

A change of USB cable and now they are both solid white. Apparently USB cables are amp rated!

Does the supplied usb leads come with white writing on them quoting this kind of info...

Jan 24, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #14,842 of 18,778
well my supplied cable has this in white: "(UL) E305668 Type CM 75 oc CSA" and that is all. No idea what it all means :)

Jan 24, 2020 at 4:16 AM Post #14,843 of 18,778
well my supplied cable has this in white: "(UL) E305668 Type CM 75 oc CSA" and that is all. No idea what it all means :)

ok from memory I thought I remembered a voltage being quoted on them or something like that

Jan 24, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #14,844 of 18,778
Hi @phurly Let me investigate why this is happening. I can also see the same behaviour but only with WAV files.

@Matt Bartlett I discovered that FLAC is the way to go when exporting songs from a DAW. I'm able to jump around within a song and Poly doesn't restart the tune or skip to the next like it does with WAV. Plus artist name, album title and song titles also show up in the MPD. Stoked!

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #14,845 of 18,778
If I use mconnect and use my Tidal account inside mconnect, it for example tells me that the music is played at 48khz @ 24-bit.

However Airplay is limited to 44khz @ 16-bit I believe. So what sound quality am I getting with the Chord Poly?

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #14,846 of 18,778
If I use mconnect and use my Tidal account inside mconnect, it for example tells me that the music is played at 48khz @ 24-bit.

However Airplay is limited to 44khz @ 16-bit I believe. So what sound quality am I getting with the Chord Poly?

You should be getting 24/48k. What color is the sample rate ball?

Jan 26, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #14,847 of 18,778

Similar experiences were reported on the Mojo thread.
Not all USB cables comply with the USB standard - some contain wires with too high a resistance, causing the charging current to drop below the required level.
Changing the cable usually remedied the situation.

Jan 27, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #14,848 of 18,778
@Matt Bartlett I discovered that FLAC is the way to go when exporting songs from a DAW. I'm able to jump around within a song and Poly doesn't restart the tune or skip to the next like it does with WAV. Plus artist name, album title and song titles also show up in the MPD. Stoked!

Thanks for letting me know. Yes everything is ok with FLAC and other formats. We are still investigating WAV as it works with some players but not with others.

Jan 27, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #14,849 of 18,778
@Matt Bartlett Any updates on chromecast support ?
Now Amazon prime also supports it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back