Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 27, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #14,866 of 18,801
What prevents Poly from streaming Tidal at Master quality? My ipod touch will stream master quality to the mojo using USB. Why won't Poly?
ROON users: I don't have ROON and am wondering if TIDAL / ROON to POLY allows master quality streaming?

Jan 27, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #14,867 of 18,801
John made this famous post 18 months ago, explaining that approx 90% of the Poly users were also Apple users, so Chord prioritised the development of the iOS app and capability first.
The post became famous, because several posters tried to twist his words around, and suggest that Android was considered unimportant, when in fact he was trying to state that the Android owners were also important.

Matt then mentions in the link I added 'Yes the hope is that ......Google will make it available to more hardware manufacturers similar to the approach Apple have with Airplay'.
So overall the Apple owners had the benefit of being the larger user group, plus Apple providing an easier approach for hardware manufacturers to embed Airplay functionality.
In contrast, Google seem to be happy to make it as difficult as possible for hardware manufacturers - which is what has delayed Chord.

I'm totally cool with Apple users being prioritized. It makes sense. But one thing is prioritizing and another is sidelining. We're coming on three years of the Poly's release. It's totally reasonable to say, Hey, seriously, what's up with this. If it's sidelined, say it's sidelined. If it's not possible or not gonna happen (because of Google) say that. Don't just hang it in limbo as a continual possibility. Not almost three years later.

But I get it. A company doesn't have to say anything really. That is, unless they promised Casting as a future feature in the beginning, which I'm not sure about.

Jan 27, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #14,868 of 18,801
What prevents Poly from streaming Tidal at Master quality? My ipod touch will stream master quality to the mojo using USB. Why won't Poly?
ROON users: I don't have ROON and am wondering if TIDAL / ROON to POLY allows master quality streaming?

Airplay prevents it, if that's what you are using. Roon does allow hi-res streaming to Poly. MConnect/DNLA does as well.

Jan 28, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #14,869 of 18,801
Airplay prevents it, if that's what you are using. Roon does allow hi-res streaming to Poly. MConnect/DNLA does as well.

Thank you. That's great to hear. What is the correct way to set it up? I have both ios and Android and am getting the same results on both where Tidal is only streaming at half sample rate instead of 88 or 96 on known master quality songs. In MConnect I'm set to "Play To" Poly Renderer under UPnP. I am not selecting Airplay. With Android using Bubble, Poly is set to renderer am getting 48k max. Any help you can offer is much appreciated.

Jan 28, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #14,870 of 18,801
Thank you. That's great to hear. What is the correct way to set it up? I have both ios and Android and am getting the same results on both where Tidal is only streaming at half sample rate instead of 88 or 96 on known master quality songs. In MConnect I'm set to "Play To" Poly Renderer under UPnP. I am not selecting Airplay. With Android using Bubble, Poly is set to renderer am getting 48k max. Any help you can offer is much appreciated.

You need to log in to to your Tidal or Qobuz account in MConnect settings and then use "Tidal" under "Browser" tab. Poly as renderer is correct.

Jan 29, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #14,872 of 18,801
20200128_184254.jpg

Jan 29, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #14,873 of 18,801
You need to log in to to your Tidal or Qobuz account in MConnect settings and then use "Tidal" under "Browser" tab. Poly as renderer is correct.

Thank you. Those are the same steps I'm already taking. I tried to share pic of what I am getting when playing from Mconnect, but it's not working. Basically it shows the playback at 48k 24bit. If I open the Tidal app and connect via USB into Mojo I get the 96k playback. Any ideas how to get MConnect to do the same?

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #14,875 of 18,801
Thank you. Those are the same steps I'm already taking. I tried to share pic of what I am getting when playing from Mconnect, but it's not working. Basically it shows the playback at 48k 24bit. If I open the Tidal app and connect via USB into Mojo I get the 96k playback. Any ideas how to get MConnect to do the same?

Unfortunately MConnect does not include an MQA decoder so it is not possible to play MQA files. The Tidal app has a built in MQA decoder as does Roon and Audirvana so it allows for these files to play at the higher resolution.

Jan 30, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #14,876 of 18,801
If I for example play a 96khz MQA original, the Chord Poly + Mojo downsamples it to a 48khz @ 24-bit FLAC. I actually noticed the same behavior with the Hugo 2 also, so it seems to be a Chord problem in general with Tidal.

Does the Chord Poly + Mojo work as intended with Qobuz, or is Tidal the best option?

Jan 30, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #14,877 of 18,801

I see. So with the native Tidal app you do get 96k playback over USB?

I am running into the same issues with Mconnect.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #14,878 of 18,801
Hi Guys,

I wonder if any of you can help, I was using my Chord Mojo Poly combination with my I Phone 10 using it via Poly Hotspot WI Fi mode, the music was playing fine via my SD Card when all of a sudden my music stopped playing.

Upon checking my settings in my I Phone Poly was no longer showing up and connected as a hotspot but instead BT WiFi from a shop , also lots of other shops free Wi Fi appeared, however Poly did not appear in the settings.

This has now happened more than once, last time it threw out Poly and logged on to a Apple Store.

How can stop stop this happening, thanks in advance for any help.

Jan 30, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #14,879 of 18,801
Hi Guys,

I wonder if any of you can help, I was using my Chord Mojo Poly combination with my I Phone 10 using it via Poly Hotspot WI Fi mode, the music was playing fine via my SD Card when all of a sudden my music stopped playing.

Upon checking my settings in my I Phone Poly was no longer showing up and connected as a hotspot but instead BT WiFi from a shop , also lots of other shops free Wi Fi appeared, however Poly did not appear in the settings.

This has now happened more than once, last time it threw out Poly and logged on to a Apple Store.

maybe check that you need to”ask” to join a network in your wifi settings ?
9B490991-F3B1-4A91-9BF9-CF93C558294D.png

Attachments

• 9D9F020E-1A8A-4B43-AC9E-7231736E89F9.png
    9D9F020E-1A8A-4B43-AC9E-7231736E89F9.png
    178.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #14,880 of 18,801
Hi Guys,

Do you have your phone set to automatically connect to known networks? It will choose those over Poly because Poly doesn’t have an internet connection. For walking around as in your use case, it would be better to have Poly connect to your iPhone hotspot, if you have that option. I use the Poly hotspot only when there is not internet at all, like on an airplane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back