Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 13, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #10,096 of 18,757
I wasn’t meaning it in a bad way, just when I am scrolling through posts and I get a quick millisecond glimpse of your user name, I don’t know why, but that millisecond glimpse registers Corn Radish.

I don’t mean anything by it, just merely stating what happens.

Mind you, now I come to think of it, it could be my undiagnosed dslyaiex that’s to blame.

Anyway, no harm intended.

No offense taken at all, I can see it myself now too. :)

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #10,097 of 18,757
I have tried to remain as patient and respectful as possible whilst viewing this thread, but the delay is getting a little ridiculous now. I don't think I've ever experienced a product launching with such a gap between the physical release and official app (Android). My major concern is that, by the time a first pass at the app is available, Chord will be ready to launch a new product line, and will have little incentive to keep working on the Poly. I hope I am just being paranoid, but so far my experience has gone from one of satisfaction (Mojo) to profound disappointment (Poly).

I was also seduced by statements in the reviews around product launch time that support for Google cast was planned. My listening involves switching between music (Tidal), podcasts and radio. It's a doddle with iOS Airplay but then I'd have to lug my iPad around with me wherever I go. I have an Android phone and have come to hate that configuration tool. It's a nonsense that Android users are still being asked to use it nine months after product launch.

Jul 13, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #10,098 of 18,757
I have tried to remain as patient and respectful as possible whilst viewing this thread, but the delay is getting a little ridiculous now. I don't think I've ever experienced a product launching with such a gap between the physical release and official app (Android). My major concern is that, by the time a first pass at the app is available, Chord will be ready to launch a new product line, and will have little incentive to keep working on the Poly. I hope I am just being paranoid, but so far my experience has gone from one of satisfaction (Mojo) to profound disappointment (Poly).

My exact concern too. At this point I am sure they already have most of the sales they are going to get, and I wonder what the incentive is for them to keep developing the poly. I sure hope I am mistaken, but the super super slow pace of development here is worrying, especially when the timeframes chord keeps telling us are never met. And chord seems to have pretty much dropped off of this thread too. I am sure its because of the negativity, but the negativity is unfortunately well earned on their part now.

The whole interface-less idea is a nice one in theory, but the reality is obviously less than ideal. If you do not want to have to build your own software and interface, you need to make sure it can use any and all popular standards. The reality is that the poly is still missing some major connection standards (google cast, spotify... which is even mentioned in the manual). And there are only a few third party apps that actually do dlna or mpd.

I hope chord turns it around and actually gets the gofigure app out to android, and actually implements the remaining features they have been telling us they are going to. While I fully expect the app to arrive (at some point) I am not confident about the missing features.

Jul 13, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #10,099 of 18,757
Funny thing is I just tested GoFigure in Airplane mode and playing off SD and getting the same random static noise and drops every 5 sec or so. It happened before, thought maybe it will go away but it did not.
Now in Hotspot mode with playing off SD it is all smooth and no noise whatsoever. Using iphone X BT to connect to it.
Any ideas or solutions given how Airplane/Bluetooth Mode should actually isolate things even further in theory?
I was experiencing something similar. I had Poly on a trip this week. I seldom use Airplane mode so at the airport I used GoFigure to set the Poly up and I was in heaven with the sound and quality of the sound. On the the return trip I fired Poly up and there was the random static and momentary drop outs. I had experienced none of this when my trip began. I cycled the Airplane mode in GoFigure and all was fine again.

So, if you are getting the random static thing try switching modes and come back to the mode you want to use. Poly drives me crazy... it could be sooooo great if the SW/firmware was just polished a bit.

Jul 13, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #10,100 of 18,757
Can't argue that it's been a shambles really. A beta was due about a month ago but so far nada. And that date was a delayed after claiming the app would be delivered 6 weeks after the IOS version. And the wait for that IOS version was torturously delayed time & time again.
I do wish that Chord, just once, would under promise and over deliver. The Mojo/Poly combo has been my first Chord purchase and the whole experience if I'm honest with myself has been one of frustration. Along with the lack of GoFigure they've been informed months ago of bugs to their MPD & networking implementations without any fix.
Don't get me wrong, it sounds sublime (which is the only reason I haven't taken it back so far) but the lack of pace of development of this Beta product has tested my patience to the max.

I have to agree when it is working right, the sound is sublime (perfect word). I recently got a new DAC for my main system, and I dismissed Chord because of my Poly experience. I know they are two different animals, but when all is said and done I guess I am a little miffed due to the way the Poly was rolled out.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #10,102 of 18,757
My exact concern too. At this point I am sure they already have most of the sales they are going to get, and I wonder what the incentive is for them to keep developing the poly. I sure hope I am mistaken, but the super super slow pace of development here is worrying, especially when the timeframes chord keeps telling us are never met. And chord seems to have pretty much dropped off of this thread too. I am sure its because of the negativity, but the negativity is unfortunately well earned on their part now.

The whole interface-less idea is a nice one in theory, but the reality is obviously less than ideal. If you do not want to have to build your own software and interface, you need to make sure it can use any and all popular standards. The reality is that the poly is still missing some major connection standards (google cast, spotify... which is even mentioned in the manual). And there are only a few third party apps that actually do dlna or mpd.

I hope chord turns it around and actually gets the gofigure app out to android, and actually implements the remaining features they have been telling us they are going to. While I fully expect the app to arrive (at some point) I am not confident about the missing features.

Yup, I get the sneaking feeling they've already moved on to pastures new. If so, I'd rather they just told us straight. Right now I'm feeling mugged. It wouldn't be the first time a company decides to cut its losses in favour of more profitable future endeavours.

Jul 13, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #10,106 of 18,757
Um we are still talking beta versions how long after the product (that cost how much?!) was released??
9.2 percent of Poly customers are android users the balance being most iOS had we taken a firm business decision we would not have bothered with the android version but instead we take the view that all our customers matter to us even those that have continually griped about our tardyness while truly having little or no understanding of the actual amount of software work involved. Chord are predominately a hardware company all our software is outsourced and although we have always passed on development timeframes honestly we have sometimes been misled ourselves due to certain aspects of the project’s complexity. We are proud of what Poly is becoming.

Jul 14, 2018 at 4:44 AM Post #10,109 of 18,757
Wow can’t wait to see the new features for iOS version:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back