Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 14, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #10,126 of 18,836
Quickplay has direct control over the sd card.

Some apps can play via sd card as long as the app is mpd capable.

If not the stream goes from poly to phone to poly to mojo, thus the reason for a very much nicer and overall better music player in the latest gofigure.

They have got the audio player down sweet, album art, tags, playlist editor etc, feels like a dedicated player now compared to what the old quickplayer is.

That sounds very promising! I haven't managed to get Quickplayer to work yet and Glider can be VERY flakey at times ... for no apparent reason! With exactly the same scenario; on Thursday everything was working fine trying out my new in-ears then last night when I got back to the hotel I kept getting with "Uh Oh An Error Has Occurred", tracks just stopping and Glider re-booting itself.

Jul 14, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #10,127 of 18,836

If not the stream goes from poly to phone to poly to mojo, thus the reason for a very much nicer and overall better music player in the latest gofigure.

They have got the audio player down sweet, album art, tags, playlist editor etc, feels like a dedicated player now compared to what the old quickplayer is.

I have just done a quick test on my Android tablet using BubbleUPnP for DLNA and M.A.L.P for MPD. It appears that transfer is direct from sd card to Poly in both cases.

Jul 14, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #10,128 of 18,836
I have just done a quick test on my Android tablet using BubbleUPnP for DLNA and M.A.L.P for MPD. It appears that transfer is direct from sd card to Poly in both cases.

This is only the case if you're streaming to the Poly over AirPlay. When using DLNA or MPD, the audio stream is sent directly from the source to the renderer.

Glider Joe ^ knows his stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 14, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #10,129 of 18,836
9.2 percent of Poly customers are android users the balance being most iOS had we taken a firm business decision we would not have bothered with the android version but instead we take the view that all our customers matter to us even those that have continually griped about our tardyness while truly having little or no understanding of the actual amount of software work involved. Chord are predominately a hardware company all our software is outsourced and although we have always passed on development timeframes honestly we have sometimes been misled ourselves due to certain aspects of the project’s complexity. We are proud of what Poly is becoming.

And thats the issue with making a device that has no interface of its own. A great idea in theory, but since you claim that 90% of your users are iOS users, the other 10% have been left out in the cold as the priority has obviously been iOS. I understand that there is still development going on for android, but its been what, 8 months since release, more? And features that have been promised are still outstanding.

I also understand how developing software works as well, I am a software developer. I know that estimates are hard to make and just as hard to actually live up to. The issue has been communication. When we have been told for months that the android version would show up 6 weeks after the iOS version, thats what we expect. Dont then show up 9 weeks later and tell us that itll be 4 more weeks just for a beta. Dont then show up 7 weeks after that and tell us its almost ready. Its the communication that has been frustrating. You guys drop off this thread for a month or two at a time, and we are left to speculate, especially when the last communication was an estimate for release that has already been missed by a significant amount (and not for the first time either).

There are still features that we have been told are coming, like google cast, something android users have been waiting for just to get feature parity with iOS devices. There has been no mention in a very long time if thats even still planned, much less any kind of estimate of when we might expect it... though obviously estimates are not really worth anything if they are never met. As much as you guys need to defend your product, its been a long time since it released and its still missing features, and we get these promises that are never met. I hope you understand the frustration.

Jul 14, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #10,131 of 18,836
We're always here to help. You can send me a PM or email to support@glideraudio.com.

Thanks Joe, that's good to know. If problems persist I may well take you up on that offer! Last night it was a driving me nuts! Last night after our gig in Amsterdam I got back to the hotel very ready to chill out with new JH Audio in-ears, a G&T and some tunes and Glider kept repeatedly going back to the home screen showing briefly the Library/Playlist blank screen and then a moment later the full menu (Albums, Artists, etc.). I run with Poly in HotSpot mode so it shouldn't have been a hotel wifi issue. I also had tracks either stopping or jumping straight to the end (FLAC files that I had played previously with no issues). If I get it again I will try and do screen grabs.

Jul 14, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #10,132 of 18,836
Thanks Joe, that's good to know. If problems persist I may well take you up on that offer! Last night it was a driving me nuts! Last night after our gig in Amsterdam I got back to the hotel very ready to chill out with new JH Audio in-ears, a G&T and some tunes and Glider kept repeatedly going back to the home screen showing briefly the Library/Playlist blank screen and then a moment later the full menu (Albums, Artists, etc.). I run with Poly in HotSpot mode so it shouldn't have been a hotel wifi issue. I also had tracks either stopping or jumping straight to the end (FLAC files that I had played previously with no issues). If I get it again I will try and do screen grabs.

It sounds like your phone might be switching away from the Poly network. Next time that happens, check in the iOS settings to ensure you're still connected to Poly's hotspot.

Jul 14, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #10,133 of 18,836
It sounds like your phone might be switching away from the Poly network. Next time that happens, check in the iOS settings to ensure you're still connected to Poly's hotspot.

That could make sense! Is there anyone of stopping that occurring? (Without doing as Forget Network on the hotel wifi which would mean logging in again)

Jul 14, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #10,134 of 18,836
That could make sense! Is there anyone of stopping that occurring? (Without doing as Forget Network on the hotel wifi which would mean logging in again)
Are you on Spotify or want to share what your band is called ?

Jul 14, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #10,138 of 18,836
I'm part of the road crew for King Crimson.

Hence the album cover avatar :)

I can show you the startup screen.

I’ve been testing the ios update for a couple of weeks now, John gave me his permission to shut you lot up and to tell you, he chose me to share the new features..

The update does bring some new and great features to poly.

We can now play direct from the sd card, no need to stream to phone and then back again to poly, it now supports airplay 2, it has a built in playlist editor and, it will also stop automatically choosing the strongest wifi signal.

We can also now choose which one to connect to and it has a reconnect option that if the signal is dropped, it will automatically try and reconnect upto 5 times, to the dropped signal and only that signal, also the option to hide ssid has been added.

Quick play is the one which has been updated big time, it now works/looks much like glider/8player, meaning you can see directories and sub directories and chose which folder/album you want to play, along with the playlist editor, it really brings gofigure right upto date and in competition with other audio player apps.

It also has tidal intergration, it wasnt fully working on my version, but I am led to believe that the bugs are being worked on, it did work but it at times would say song not found, reminds me of roon.

Also, I am not particulary keen on this but, it also has youtube intergration. Presumably for music videos ? it works but I didnt use that feature much, just a couple of times.

There is also some bug fixes and some other small changes which you will all like, one in particular is great, but thats for release day.

The user face has changed slightly, it was white and had red accents, but since england lost, its now a greeny black colour.

Some of this sounds very exciting to me. Specifically: Airplay 2, and the wifi signal management. Thanks for the update.
@Mojo ideas If you need anyone on testflight, let me know, I'll happily sign an NDA and help with beta feedback.

Jul 14, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #10,139 of 18,836
Hence the album cover avatar :)

Some of this sounds very exciting to me. Specifically: Airplay 2, and the wifi signal management. Thanks for the update.
@Mojo ideas If you need anyone on testflight, let me know, I'll happily sign an NDA and help with beta feedback.

Ditto if you want an "on the road" tester that will give the new release a good testing at hotels, airports & venues :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back