Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 14, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #10,111 of 18,836
Jul 14, 2018 at 5:29 AM Post #10,112 of 18,836
@Mojo ideas any sneak preview of poly/go figure stuff that might be imminent ?

I can show you the startup screen.

I’ve been testing the ios update for a couple of weeks now, John gave me his permission to shut you lot up and to tell you, he chose me to share the new features..

The update does bring some new and great features to poly.

We can now play direct from the sd card, no need to stream to phone and then back again to poly, it now supports airplay 2, it has a built in playlist editor and, it will also stop automatically choosing the strongest wifi signal.

We can also now choose which one to connect to and it has a reconnect option that if the signal is dropped, it will automatically try and reconnect upto 5 times, to the dropped signal and only that signal, also the option to hide ssid has been added.

Quick play is the one which has been updated big time, it now works/looks much like glider/8player, meaning you can see directories and sub directories and chose which folder/album you want to play, along with the playlist editor, it really brings gofigure right upto date and in competition with other audio player apps.

It also has tidal intergration, it wasnt fully working on my version, but I am led to believe that the bugs are being worked on, it did work but it at times would say song not found, reminds me of roon.

Also, I am not particulary keen on this but, it also has youtube intergration. Presumably for music videos ? it works but I didnt use that feature much, just a couple of times.

There is also some bug fixes and some other small changes which you will all like, one in particular is great, but thats for release day.

The user interface has changed slightly, it was white and had red accents, but since england lost, its now a greeny black colour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 14, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #10,113 of 18,836

I’ve been testing the ios update for a couple of weeks now, John gave me his permission to shut you lot up and to tell you, he chose me to share the new features..

We can now play direct from the sd card, no need to stream to phone and then back again to poly, it now supports airplay 2, it has a built in playlist editor and, it will also stop automatically chosing the strongest wifi signal.

We can also now choose which one to connect to and it has a reconnect option that if the signal is dropped, it will automatically try and reconnect upto 5 times, to the dropped signal and only that signal.

Quick play is the one which has been updated big time, it now works/looks much like glider/8player, meaning you can see directories and sub directories and chose which folder/album you want to, along with the playlist editor, it really brings gofigure right upto date and in competition with other audio player apps.

It also has tidal intergration, it wasnt fully working on my version, but I am led to believe that the bugs are being worked on, it did work but it at times would say song not found, reminds me of roon.

Also, I am not particulary keen on this but, it also has youtube intergration. Presumably for music videos ? it works but I didnt use that feature much, just a couple of times.

There is also some bug fixes and some other small changes which you will all like, one in particular is great, but thats for release day.

The user face has changed slightly, it was white and had red accents, but since england lost, its now a greeny black colour.
Hope the colours can be customisable....

Did John show you the remote for the tt2?

Jul 14, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #10,114 of 18,836

As far as I am aware, the remote is your phone, they have a chord remote app for ios and droid.

Jul 14, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #10,116 of 18,836

We can now play direct from the sd card, no need to stream to phone and then back again to poly, it now supports airplay 2, it has a built in playlist editor and, it will also stop automatically chosing the strongest wifi signal.

So at the moment to play a file on the SD card in Poly the complete data stream has to go out to my iPhone and then back to Mojo to get from one end of the device to the other? Is that correct? If so, that's just nuts :O

Jul 14, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #10,118 of 18,836

We can also now choose which one to connect to and it has a reconnect option that if the signal is dropped, it will automatically try and reconnect upto 5 times, to the dropped signal and only that signal.

Quick play is the one which has been updated big time, it now works/looks much like glider/8player, meaning you can see directories and sub directories and chose which folder/album you want to play, along with the playlist editor, it really brings gofigure right upto date and in competition with other audio player apps.

The user face has changed slightly, it was white and had red accents, but since england lost, its now a greeny black colour.
Will the android version be released with all these features ?

What about Spotify connect and chrome cast ?

Spill spill spinach ok spill

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #10,119 of 18,836
So at the moment to play a file on the SD card in Poly the complete data stream has to go out to my iPhone and then back to Mojo to get from one end of the device to the other? Is that correct? If so, that's just nuts :O

I can’t go into more detail with regards to Poly, just what I was allowed to mention, if I did spill more, the NDA I signed would be my quickest way to bankruptcy.

Jul 14, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #10,121 of 18,836
I can’t go into more detail with regards to Poly, just what I was allowed to mention, if I did spill more, the NDA I signed would be my quickest way to bankruptcy.
Either way chord bankrupts you / boom boom

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #10,123 of 18,836
No just things taking longer than we’d like because it’s always harder to do this stuff than we estimated.
we expect to released the beta version next week

I was expressing incredulity that one claimed to have been “seduced” while another expressed abandonment; both accusing the company.

It’s unusual and it’s fascinating.

Much like the ranting emotionally, at length and in detail over a product one doesn’t own and never tested. From a competitor, it’s disingebuous and deceptive. But from one who holds no interest?

My wife continues to love Poly and I continue to anticipate the release of 2Go...

also with emotion.

Poly’s a great product.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #10,124 of 18,836
I totally understand! ; )

But my question was more about how Poly currently works rather than the new features.

Quickplay has direct control over the sd card.

Some apps can play via sd card as long as the app is mpd capable.

If not the stream goes from poly to phone to poly to mojo, thus the reason for a very much nicer and overall better music player in the latest gofigure.

They have got the audio player down sweet, album art, tags, playlist editor etc, feels like a dedicated player now compared to what the old quickplayer is.

Jul 14, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #10,125 of 18,836

This is only the case if you're streaming to the Poly over AirPlay. When using DLNA or MPD, the audio stream is sent directly from the source to the renderer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back