Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 11, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #10,066 of 18,836
Hasn't it been mentioned on here before that Chord isn't making the mobile apps? Dunno, maybe I misread it. But if that's the case, I'm not sure how much control Chord has over when software will be ready.

As for the 2Go, yeah, been saving up for that one. Probably one of the most important purchases for me, and hoping it'll come out in time for the holidays. Might, might not. But would be nice.

After the Android release, if identical to the iOS release, the next update for the mobile app might ideally be more control in quickplay. BT only access really is very very nice.

Jul 11, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #10,067 of 18,836
Just to say to android peeps, hold tight.

My poly, se846 combination, with blue filter and comply isolation tips are better then hugo 2 with Hd800s in many ways.

In airplane mode, playing off sd, suddenly the micro detail is amazing, so intimate, I can’t explain what’s happened, but just amazing stuff.

Jul 11, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #10,068 of 18,836
Funny thing is I just tested GoFigure in Airplane mode and playing off SD and getting the same random static noise and drops every 5 sec or so. It happened before, thought maybe it will go away but it did not.
Now in Hotspot mode with playing off SD it is all smooth and no noise whatsoever. Using iphone X BT to connect to it.
Any ideas or solutions given how Airplane/Bluetooth Mode should actually isolate things even further in theory?

Jul 11, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #10,070 of 18,836
Funny thing is I just tested GoFigure in Airplane mode and playing off SD and getting the same random static noise and drops every 5 sec or so. It happened before, thought maybe it will go away but it did not.
Now in Hotspot mode with playing off SD it is all smooth and no noise whatsoever. Using iphone X BT to connect to it.
Any ideas or solutions given how Airplane/Bluetooth Mode should actually isolate things even further in theory?
There’s a bug in poly, if you want to use airport mode, you need to retoggle that feature every time you switch the unit on.
The bug you refer to is really bad, but just retoggle and you’ll be ok.

Jul 11, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #10,071 of 18,836
There’s a bug in poly, if you want to use airport mode, you need to retoggle that feature every time you switch the unit on.
The bug you refer to is really bad, but just retoggle and you’ll be ok.
Retoggle works !!!
It all sounds clean now.
Thanks

Jul 11, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #10,075 of 18,836
Ok will share.

when droid gofigure gets released, a little birdy told me ios gofigure will also be updated around the same time, have no idea if its same time or days or weeks after, just that roughly the same time.

So, ios and droid both looking good to get fixes/possibly more features soon.

Hopefully this thread will die and a new happier one will replace it with pictures of cats and rabbits and kelly osbourne, in drag.

Jul 11, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #10,076 of 18,836
Just a plea to keep everything in perspective.
If the Android app is undergoing beta testing, then wait for the results of that testing.
I think the perspective is pretty clear - beta testing is supposed to happen before a product goes on sale. Not 12 months later.

Jul 12, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #10,078 of 18,836
Can not believe the android gofigure app is still not out. Had zero issues as of recent couple months with Glider-Airplay-Gofigure experience so far.
Hopefully android users will ultimately get a taste of that experience with Poly-Mojo. The biggest benefit is obviously the ability for anyone with any iphone to seamlessly connect and stream away, which is exactly what I had my friends do when they are in my car or I am in theirs with poly-mojo plugged into their car stereo. I simply have them connect to Poly's WIFI in Hotspot hybrid mode and voila!

As an android user I just feel like a complete second class citizen. You say your glider-airplay-gofigure experience is great, and thats great. Unfortunately, on android we don't have anything comparable. While glider is obviously not something chord has any control over, the hybrid dlna-mpd mode sounds like the absolute best way to playback local content on the poly. You get the full DLNA indexing (MPD on Poly still doesnt index mp3 files for some reason...), and dont have to hunt for an IP address, with the gapless playback of MPD, since DLNA doesnt do gapless on poly. Then as an iOS user, you have airplay which you can use to stream anything you want, without having to worry about quality degrading by streaming over bluetooth, since there is no aptx or any better bluetooth codecs available. Android has google cast, which has been promised by chord, but still no word on whether thats ever actually going to show up. And obviously gofigure. We were told 6 weeks after iOS. Its been like 3 months and we still dont even have the beta. Even their 4 week window for getting the beta out has been missed by 3 weeks.

So while I am still totally capable of using my poly just fine, there are some real things missing that chord keeps over promising on and under delivering on. And honestly I think thats been the biggest issue with this product, is that they keep telling us things that they are unable to meet. Eventually even if their intent is good, it starts to feel like they are just lying to us to keep us hanging on to their incomplete product longer and longer. Its beginning to feel a bit like a trinity audio situation here. Though at least in this case we do have an actual product that exists. I will say that whether or not I had any plans to purchase chord products in the future before, I dont anymore.

Jul 12, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #10,079 of 18,836
As an android user I just feel like a complete second class citizen. You say your glider-airplay-gofigure experience is great, and thats great. Unfortunately, on android we don't have anything comparable. While glider is obviously not something chord has any control over, the hybrid dlna-mpd mode sounds like the absolute best way to playback local content on the poly. You get the full DLNA indexing (MPD on Poly still doesnt index mp3 files for some reason...), and dont have to hunt for an IP address, with the gapless playback of MPD, since DLNA doesnt do gapless on poly. Then as an iOS user, you have airplay which you can use to stream anything you want, without having to worry about quality degrading by streaming over bluetooth, since there is no aptx or any better bluetooth codecs available. Android has google cast, which has been promised by chord, but still no word on whether thats ever actually going to show up. And obviously gofigure. We were told 6 weeks after iOS. Its been like 3 months and we still dont even have the beta. Even their 4 week window for getting the beta out has been missed by 3 weeks.

So while I am still totally capable of using my poly just fine, there are some real things missing that chord keeps over promising on and under delivering on. And honestly I think thats been the biggest issue with this product, is that they keep telling us things that they are unable to meet. Eventually even if their intent is good, it starts to feel like they are just lying to us to keep us hanging on to their incomplete product longer and longer. Its beginning to feel a bit like a trinity audio situation here. Though at least in this case we do have an actual product that exists. I will say that whether or not I had any plans to purchase chord products in the future before, I dont anymore.
The go figure side of things has been grim for Android, it’s a pity, I hope chord make their android user base happy in some way with an apology or something.

Jul 12, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #10,080 of 18,836
I noticed that when in Hot Spot mode I can hear some background noise. When in Roon mode it is dead quiet. Has anyone else notice this?

Poly>Mojo>Hot Spot>Iphone 7>8Player>Senn IE-800s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back