Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 4, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #10,038 of 19,077
This is a report on my stupidity, but it might help others. In places where I can't get a wifi signal I have been connecting my android tablet to Poly in hotspot mode and using Bubble upnp. That's frustrating because for some reason Bubble cuts off the first half second of every track. When I have wifi I use M.A.L.P., which works brilliantly. I then thought I must be able to use M.A.L.P. when connected to poly in hotspot mode. Doh. All you need to do is create a profile in M.A.L.P. called Poly Hotspot which gives poly's IP address as 192.168.1.1, no password, default port number. Probably everyone else had worked this out ages ago.
And when the long awaited Android GoFigure is out, no doubt this will all be even easier...

Jul 4, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #10,039 of 19,077
This is a report on my stupidity, but it might help others. In places where I can't get a wifi signal I have been connecting my android tablet to Poly in hotspot mode and using Bubble upnp. That's frustrating because for some reason Bubble cuts off the first half second of every track. When I have wifi I use M.A.L.P., which works brilliantly. I then thought I must be able to use M.A.L.P. when connected to poly in hotspot mode. Doh. All you need to do is create a profile in M.A.L.P. called Poly Hotspot which gives poly's IP address as 192.168.1.1, no password, default port number. Probably everyone else had worked this out ages ago.
And when the long awaited Android GoFigure is out, no doubt this will all be even easier...

MY M.A.L.P. PROFILES..:L3000::L3000::L3000:
Screenshot_2018-07-04-18-38-29.jpg

Jul 4, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #10,040 of 19,077
MALP is deffo the way to go if you're on Android imho, HOWEVER I do wish theyd pull their fingers out and correct their incomplete system install (misses out ID3Tag) which means MP3 / DSD tags aren't read and are therefore not put into the library (have to be played by file browsing) Its not that complex and I pointed it out months ago. I mean, along with the mini DLNA server running it's the backbone of the unit!
They should just open source it - I guess they may have to at some point as large parts of the software used are licenced under GPL

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #10,042 of 19,077
I had an interesting situation yesterday. I’m not sure if it was a true lockup, but my blue Poly light was stuck on and would not turn off when I cycled Mojo on/off or separated Mojo and Poly. But I was able to use GoFugure to connect, and change the mode to HotSpot, which triggered a Poly reboot and I got the flashing blue/green. A Mojo power cycle then turned off Poly. Working normally now. Something you can try if you get a similar “lock-up.”

Jul 4, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #10,043 of 19,077
I think they are one and the same! The one in the photos upthread. I just have issues with it.

Yup, exactly the same albeit the word poly has not been stamped into the leather.

Hence why I was confused at zappamans post, he must of assumed that his case was special and that others were jealous.

< can easily engrave the word poly in to leather, plastic, back of my hand, forehead etc etc.

However, I do draw a line when it comes to defacing a £79 piece of plastic, would rather use brake fluid to polish my car and a piece of ceramic from a sparkplug to open my windows.

War ah huh, hooah, what is it good for, absolutely everything yeaaah.

:wink: :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 4, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #10,044 of 19,077
I had an interesting situation yesterday. I’m not sure if it was a true lockup, but my blue Poly light was stuck on and would not turn off when I cycled Mojo on/off or separated Mojo and Poly. But I was able to use GoFugure to connect, and change the mode to HotSpot, which triggered a Poly reboot and I got the flashing blue/green. A Mojo power cycle then turned off Poly. Working normally now. Something you can try if you get a similar “lock-up.”

Not a lockup, I think.

When my Poly locksup, its like we had an arguement and it ends up in a 12 hour stalemate and her not speaking to me.

12 hours later she pings me and wants juiced up, normally when that happens the power light is flashing red, I dont think it has ever ran completely out of juice when it locks up, usually just down to red or flashing red, it does take hours though, as usually it happens to me when she is fully charged.

It’s annoying, but atleast it’s not a total brick, when it works, it works great, when it decides to have a bad day, I could drown it at times.

< would not of bought poly had I known that I needed 8 years of medical school behind me to be able to diagnose her problems.

Would probably be cheaper if I sent her to therapist instead.

Jul 4, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #10,045 of 19,077
Yup, exactly the same albeit the word poly has not been stamped into the leather.

Hence why I was confused at zappamans post, he must of assumed that his case was special and that others were jealous.

< can easily engrave the word poly in to leather, plastic, back of my hand, forehead etc etc.

However, I do draw a line when it comes to defacing a £79 piece of plastic, would rather use brake fluid to polish my car and a piece of ceramic from a sparkplug to open my windows.

War ah huh, hooah, what is it good for, absolutely everything yeaaah.

:wink: :)
Mines got Poly embossed on it as well. Makes all the difference mate :wink:

Jul 4, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #10,046 of 19,077
Say what you want - I’m sure independent verification would confirm it’s much nicer than the free case - everything’s subjective!

Jul 4, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #10,048 of 19,077
Jul 4, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #10,049 of 19,077
Lol.

The calamity that is a free case lol.

Ah ah ah ah stayin alive stayin alive, stayin aliiiiivvvve.

Just make sure that, when performing cpr, vinnie jones is nearby.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back