Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 20, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #14,821 of 18,757
From the FAQ:
'First, please make sure that the Micro SD card is fully pushed into the slot. None of the Micro SD card should stand proud of the socket. If this is complete please check that you have formatted your Micro SD card to ExFAT. If this is confirmed and you have already copied music over to the Micro SD card you must make sure that you have left at least 50mb free for a database file to be constructed by Poly’s operating system. This is required for the Micro SD card to be recognised.'
its a 200 gb sd card and i formatted it again to exfat and then just added 1 album but still its not getting recognized

Jan 20, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #14,822 of 18,757
I am new to Poly and steaming. Unless I am missing something it is impossible to stream anything higher than 48khz sample rate to the Poly, which boggles my brain considering what the Poly is designed to do. The only way I can listen to Master quality on the Mojo is via USB hardwired connection. Perhaps there's another way?
Are you using Airplay?
From the Poly FAQ
'AirPlay is natively limited to transmitting 16bit 44kHz audio. If you wish to playback high resolution files please use DLNA/UPnP/MPD or Roon.'

Jan 20, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #14,823 of 18,757
its a 200 gb sd card and i formatted it again to exfat and then just added 1 album but still its not getting recognized
Can you use a PC to check the amount of free space on your card? Some owners think they have plenty of free space, then discover that they have less than the required 50 Mb.
Also was it a quick format, or a full format? Too much processing in a short time, can cause sections of the card to overheat and fail. It is possible that large parts of your card have failed, and you have hardly any spare space left - so it is worth checking with a PC.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #14,824 of 18,757
The SD card may "not be quality enough" for Poly to work. Poly is particular about it.
I had an issue where a very functional microSD card from my Fiio X5 would not be recognized in Poly at all. No amount of Formatting exFat or Checking did any good.
A quick stop by Best Buy got me genuine Sandisk Ultra and it worked flawlessly ever since.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #14,825 of 18,757
Are you using Airplay?
From the Poly FAQ
'AirPlay is natively limited to transmitting 16bit 44kHz audio. If you wish to playback high resolution files please use DLNA/UPnP/MPD or Roon.'
Yes, both. I have tried Airplay on my ipod touch. Locked at 44.1. My phone is Android using Bubble. With bubble I can only stream Tidal at 44/48k. I must be missing something. How do I configure Bubble to play double sample rate? I like Bubble the most because of the way it handles the SD card playback. My ipod also has paid versions of MConnect and Glider. Still can't decide if the Poly headache is worth it.

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #14,826 of 18,757
Yes, both. I have tried Airplay on my ipod touch. Locked at 44.1. My phone is Android using Bubble. With bubble I can only stream Tidal at 44/48k. I must be missing something. How do I configure Bubble to play double sample rate? I like Bubble the most because of the way it handles the SD card playback. My ipod also has paid versions of MConnect and Glider. Still can't decide if the Poly headache is worth it.
There is a post mentioning that you can only stream Tidal HiRes, if you use the Tidal desktop software itself.
[edited]

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #14,827 of 18,757
@Matt Bartlett Hi Matt, I’m not complaining just curious, you frequently mention things you guys are adding to GoFigure.When might we see a new version?

Hi @huangwan we made quite a few updates last year and it is our goal to constantly improve the app as quickly as we can. I know we still have the issue with the Qobuz login and that it being tested now so an update is imminent and certainly will be available in time for CanJam NY.

Jan 21, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #14,830 of 18,757
Hello everyone.

After two years of using MojoPoly, I decided now to try TIDAL with it.
If it’s (at least) FLAC, then it’s just fine.
Till now mostly I used MojoPoly to listen to music from the SDcard controlled with Soudirok app on iPhone. I use rather MojoPoly as a stationary DAC/streamer connected to the REGA system.

I wonder what is better to stream TIDAL music from iPhone:

1. listening to music from TIDAL when I listen from Mconnect app on my iPhone (Mconnect has the „normal” integration with TIDAL, but I choose another option to play TIDAL.
The same way as CHORD explained here: https://chordelectronics.co.uk/faqs-category/streamers/ with TIDAL and QOBUZ connecting - but I prefer Mconnect instead 8player)
And i wonder, when I listen to music from Mconnect in this option, then „POLY play TIDAL music directly”, not Mconnect - or what? :)

2. streaming music directly from TIDAL app an iphone via AirPlay to Poly?

3. or I should choose „normal” integration with TIDAL in Mconnect app?

What is the difference between those options, which is better to stream? Or it’s doesn’t matter, because all are practically the same?

Jan 21, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #14,831 of 18,757
I am posting this again because I am totally stumped as to why I cannot seek within a track when playing off the SD card. The files I am playing are not yet commercial releases, they are exported directly from my DAW. (I'm a mastering engineer) Each song is its own wave at 9632. No matter if I use Bubble, Glider or MConnect if I try to seek by sliding the cursor L/R, or holding down the rewind/fast-forward, the song either returns to the beginning or skips to the next song.

This seems to be isolated to playback on the Poly only. When I "play to" or "Render To" Googlecast I can skip around within the song on the SD with no problem.

As an audio engineer I want to drop my work on to the SD card then proof it while away from my studio. If I hear a click or something I have to start the song over instead of rewinding a few seconds. This seems like such a basic function.

@Matt Bartlett Why is Poly behaving this way? Is there a particular way I need to prepare the wave files?

Jan 21, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #14,832 of 18,757
I am posting this again because I am totally stumped as to why I cannot seek within a track when playing off the SD card. The files I am playing are not yet commercial releases, they are exported directly from my DAW. (I'm a mastering engineer) Each song is its own wave at 9632. No matter if I use Bubble, Glider or MConnect if I try to seek by sliding the cursor L/R, or holding down the rewind/fast-forward, the song either returns to the beginning or skips to the next song.

This seems to be isolated to playback on the Poly only. When I "play to" or "Render To" Googlecast I can skip around within the song on the SD with no problem.

As an audio engineer I want to drop my work on to the SD card then proof it while away from my studio. If I hear a click or something I have to start the song over instead of rewinding a few seconds. This seems like such a basic function.

@Matt Bartlett Why is Poly behaving this way? Is there a particular way I need to prepare the wave files?
I know nothing about DAWs so this is probably a stupid suggestion. Could it be related to whether or not your songs have a WAV container? There is a setting in Bubble called Audio Format under Individual UPnP/DLNA Renderer Settings which can be set to Auto, WAV or LPCM. You could try forcing WAV or LPCM to see if it makes any difference. I don't know whether Poly cares which it is, or what the effect would be if it did.

Jan 21, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #14,833 of 18,757
I know nothing about DAWs so this is probably a stupid suggestion. Could it be related to whether or not your songs have a WAV container? There is a setting in Bubble called Audio Format under Individual UPnP/DLNA Renderer Settings which can be set to Auto, WAV or LPCM. You could try forcing WAV or LPCM to see if it makes any difference. I don't know whether Poly cares which it is, or what the effect would be if it did.
I just got hold of a WAV file to try out and I am getting the same behaviour as you regardless of the Bubble setting. So looks like it could be a Poly shortcoming.

Jan 22, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #14,835 of 18,757

Hi @phurly Let me investigate why this is happening. I can also see the same behaviour but only with WAV files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back