Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Sep 15, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #14,251 of 18,818
I don’t know if anyone can assist. I recently picked up the Campfire Andromeda Gold, and I am aware that they’re amongst some of the more sensitive IEMs. However I hear a lot of noise. Not so much hissing. But it sounds like communication interference.

I’m sure I read that IFIs IEMatch helps. Can someone with a similar setup help and clarify?

Welcome to the club, I pick it up with my headphones as well. The only way to mitigate it would be to put the Poly into Airplane/Bluetooth mode once you have the playlist loaded. You do pick up some noise whilst you browse the SD card files.

Sep 15, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #14,252 of 18,818
I don’t know if anyone can assist. I recently picked up the Campfire Andromeda Gold, and I am aware that they’re amongst some of the more sensitive IEMs. However I hear a lot of noise. Not so much hissing. But it sounds like communication interference.

I’m sure I read that IFIs IEMatch helps. Can someone with a similar setup help and clarify?

I haven't tried my new Andromeda golds yet with the poly, but with my atlas, I pick up tons of wifi interference and the iematch eliminates it completely for me. I can even go try with the Andromeda gold a little later today if you want me to confirm with the exact same setup as you.

Sep 15, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #14,254 of 18,818
Welcome to the club, I pick it up with my headphones as well. The only way to mitigate it would be to put the Poly into Airplane/Bluetooth mode once you have the playlist loaded. You do pick up some noise whilst you browse the SD card files.

It is pretty distracting. Most of my listening is from Spotify (I know, filthy casual), I have an SD card with some songs, but my taste is so wide and varied I just find it easier to AirPlay to my MojoPoly, so the solution you posted does help, but not in every scenario. It's a damn shame, because whilst it's playing Im not able to detect the interference.

I haven't tried my new Andromeda golds yet with the poly, but with my atlas, I pick up tons of wifi interference and the iematch eliminates it completely for me. I can even go try with the Andromeda gold a little later today if you want me to confirm with the exact same setup as you.

That would be perfect, please! I wanna know before I plop the money down for something that won't help the situation. This hobby is expensive enough without extra bits on the cables :p

Sep 15, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #14,255 of 18,818
That would be perfect, please! I wanna know before I plop the money down for something that won't help the situation. This hobby is expensive enough without extra bits on the cables :p

Weirdly enough it was actually kind of difficult for me to reproduce the interference I normally hear on the poly with the andromedas. Maybe the silver litz cable that comes with the atlas is just more susceptible to the noise than the smoky litz with the andromeda gold.

That said, by using my phones hot spot and putting my phone right next to the poly I could definitely hear it. The iematch on ultra completely eliminated the noise, on high it was almost gone, but just very slightly audible. However, I know you said you didnt hear it, but I hear very noticeable hiss on the andromeda gold with the mojo/poly. Its obviously not audible when music is playing at volume, but definitely there. And the iematch eliminates that too (its intended purpose actually). Since the andromedas (especially the golds) are so sensitive, the iematch is likely a good purchase regardless, and at 50 dollars its not a bank breaking one. Anyways, thats what I heard when trying it out. It definitely helps for both interference and hiss.

Sep 16, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #14,257 of 18,818
Just wanted to say I gave up on BubbleUPNP as I've found it buggy, slow and pretty annoying to use. Switched to Hi-Fi Cast and couldn't be happier. SHOUTcast radio stations have never been easier to use. Tidal working sweet, too. Rock solid playback while using my S10 5G as a hotspot and the Poly as playback device and as server for Tidal.

Sep 16, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #14,258 of 18,818
Wow.

Thanks for the suggestion on HiFi-Cast App. It's excellent so far and much more aesthetically appealing. Just started the first song but so far so good. Really good UI.

Sep 16, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #14,260 of 18,818
Weirdly enough it was actually kind of difficult for me to reproduce the interference I normally hear on the poly with the andromedas. Maybe the silver litz cable that comes with the atlas is just more susceptible to the noise than the smoky litz with the andromeda gold.

That said, by using my phones hot spot and putting my phone right next to the poly I could definitely hear it. The iematch on ultra completely eliminated the noise, on high it was almost gone, but just very slightly audible. However, I know you said you didnt hear it, but I hear very noticeable hiss on the andromeda gold with the mojo/poly. Its obviously not audible when music is playing at volume, but definitely there. And the iematch eliminates that too (its intended purpose actually). Since the andromedas (especially the golds) are so sensitive, the iematch is likely a good purchase regardless, and at 50 dollars its not a bank breaking one. Anyways, thats what I heard when trying it out. It definitely helps for both interference and hiss.

Well, I have purchased one, thank you for the advice. I'll report back and let you know if I find it make a difference. Usually I never pick up any network interference and the background is usually black on my other listening gear, but with the Andros I'm picking up a background hiss and the interference, so, hopefully the IEMatch assists with this.

Sep 16, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #14,261 of 18,818
Just purchased the Poly. I intend to use an SD Card with the Poly and I want to control playback from my Android phone. I started reading this thread but it's 951 pages so far! Does anyone know of an app I can use on my phone to control the Poly over bluetooth or wi-fi?
Help appreciated!

Sep 16, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #14,262 of 18,818
Just purchased the Poly. I intend to use an SD Card with the Poly and I want to control playback from my Android phone. I started reading this thread but it's 951 pages so far! Does anyone know of an app I can use on my phone to control the Poly over bluetooth or wi-fi?
Help appreciated!

951 pages - useful info in the first post. Title of thread.

Sep 16, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #14,264 of 18,818
It works beautifully actually. I like browsing folders on micro SD. Sound wise, no doubt the best Mojo can do, playing off the micro SD card.

That's interesting then. If there is a fully functional app then I might nudge towards a Poly purchase. At the moment I am weighing up the pros and cons. The following are my main issues.

Pros:
Sound

Cons:
Would probably not be a good idea to use in my jeans pocket, like I use my Sony DAP. Meaning I would only get to use Poly when I had it in a jacket pocket. Therefor it would be an expensive SD-card player when it can only be used in particular circumstances.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #14,265 of 18,818
That's interesting then. If there is a fully functional app then I might nudge towards a Poly purchase. At the moment I am weighing up the pros and cons. The following are my main issues.

Pros:
Sound

Cons:
Would probably not be a good idea to use in my jeans pocket like I use my Sony DAP. Meaning I would only get to use Poly when I had it in a jacket pocket. It means it would be an expensive SD-card player when it can only be used in particular circumstances.

Get the OEM case and use a carabiner clip to hook it to your jeans or backpack. This thing is solid and looks great :) It also fits in my jeans back pocket. SD player is just one of the Poly's talents. Tidal and high bit rate Shoutcast radio stations also sound sensational. The only thing I wish Mojo had is a 4.4 mm port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back