Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 28, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #13,171 of 18,783
As the Poly is not connected to wifi, how can I update the firmware?
The blue P light is now flashing as I am attempting to get Gofigure to recognise Poly.
Blue light means that poly is trying to connect via bluetooth.
It is best for you to contact info@chordelectronics.co.uk, and chord support will talk you through the update process.

Apr 29, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #13,172 of 18,783
Matt, for the sake of continuity, any thoughts of an official Chord app to operate the SD card?

It's something we are reviewing. Controlling the SD card via BLE ( Bluetooth ) only allows for basic functionality which we already have in Gofigure. The other option is to use WiFi with either DLNA/UPnP or MPD. The original idea was to allow customers to use one of the apps already available that they might already be familiar with and to not restrict the use of Poly to a custom Chord app. This would give a greater flexibility. However we are looking at different options and for the long term future nothing is off the table as we continue to develop the Poly
streaming platform.

Apr 29, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #13,173 of 18,783
As the Poly is not connected to wifi, how can I update the firmware?
The blue P light is now flashing as I am attempting to get Gofigure to recognise Poly.

As Mike mentioned please can you email our support and we will work out what is happening.
Just a quick note on the Bluetooth code/pin - I guess the instructions should say enter 0000 if prompted. Some phones ask for the code and others ( mainly Android ) automatically
try 0000 by default so you don't get a prompt.

Apr 29, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #13,174 of 18,783
I’ve issued a refund request with Apple for Glider as my four months of having it falls far short of our local consumer law requirements. I’m hoping that it gets Joe’s attention and he fixes the app as I would much prefer this over getting a refund. In the meantime I’ve been using MPDPlayer (by Adrian Berisha
https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/mpdplayer/id1382797572?mt=8) which has auto discovery that works for me. This developer also responds to emails which is nice!

Joe has been in touch so hopefully we can get this resolved but thanks for the heads up on MPDPlayer. I'll take a look and check it out.

Apr 29, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #13,175 of 18,783
Can anyone please help me set Poly up to work with MALP on Android?
I know how to do this with MPDeluxe but couldnt find any guides on MALP online?? Cheers!

Apr 29, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #13,176 of 18,783
Hi Matt,
Out of interest, which Xperia's have you got working?
I got Poly updated to version 2 using a friends Samsung S9. Neither of the XZ1 Xperia's running Android 9 can find Poly in the app.

We use Xperia Z5. We also have a whole bunch of other phones for testing but not the XZ1. I'll see if I can get hold of one or find someone who has one so we can check.

Apr 29, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #13,177 of 18,783
Joe has been in touch so hopefully we can get this resolved but thanks for the heads up on MPDPlayer. I'll take a look and check it out.

Excellent! Please keep us posted as I’d be delighted to buy it again!

Apr 29, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #13,178 of 18,783
As Mike mentioned please can you email our support and we will work out what is happening.
Just a quick note on the Bluetooth code/pin - I guess the instructions should say enter 0000 if prompted. Some phones ask for the code and others ( mainly Android ) automatically
try 0000 by default so you don't get a prompt.

Thanks. I have emailed support.

Apr 29, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #13,183 of 18,783
Can anyone please help me set Poly up to work with MALP on Android?
I know how to do this with MPDeluxe but couldnt find any guides on MALP online?? Cheers!
Make sure Android and Poly are on same network, ie your home WiFi.

Find out and make a note of your Poly's IP address using GoFigure or another app like Fing .

(Fwiw I assign Poly a static IP which makes life easy once set up)

Open MALP and create a new profile.

(Name the profile whatever you want. I have 2 - named "Poly Home" and "Poly Mobile")

Put in Poly's IP address.

(When at home my router assigns Poly a fixed IP. Out and about my phone (using its own hotspot) assigns it a different (fixed) one. Then its a simple matter to switch between the 2 profiles depending on usage).

Port 6600 is the standard comms port that MALP uses to communicate to Poly. Leave it as is. No password.

Enable streaming? Nope

Enable prefer http cover files? Nope

Save the profile - MALP should now connect and display Music Library of SD files. (If it doesn't try refreshing the database within GoFigure - this is a new one off step I experienced after the latest firmware update).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back