Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 11, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #12,886 of 18,757
I'll try to get that done when things settle down.
The charge management remains the same. Poly can't charge from Mojo or vice versa. To do this would require a complete
hardware change.
Normally Mojo will run out before Poly but you do have to remember that when charging both Mojo and Poly together
that Mojo will take the majority of the charge until nearly full and then Poly will charge. So I would allow 7 hours ( or overnight )
to charge both units together from flat. You know when both units are fully charged because the M status light goes out and
P status will be blue.

Hi Matt, I was going to buy a new Mojo Poly but I thought that charging both devices would take 4 hours, and not 7, with a charger connected to the wall (the one included in the last Mojo Poly gift boxes). Can you please confirm if you're talking about a full charge from a laptop of from a wall charger which is more powerful?

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #12,888 of 18,757
Hi Matt, I was going to buy a new Mojo Poly but I thought that charging both devices would take 4 hours, and not 7, with a charger connected to the wall (the one included in the last Mojo Poly gift boxes). Can you please confirm if you're talking about a full charge from a laptop of from a wall charger which is more powerful?

If you charge both Mojo and Poly together from the same charger then it will take around 7 hours. 4 hours for Mojo and then a further 3 for Poly. These are approximate times as it will depend on the charge level to start with.
The charger should be 2A but using a higher power charger will make no difference as both Mojo and Poly charge at a fixed rate to preserve battery life.
If you separate both units and charge them separately then yes you can charge in around 4 hours.

Apr 11, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #12,889 of 18,757
Hi Mike. It's not quite that simple. The problem was that due to failure to download the update to some Polys the server received multiple requests.
Also because quite understandably some customers were frustrated and pressed the update firmware button in Gofigure multiple
times it ended up queuing multiple firmware downloads to the same Poly. So instead of each Poly having two downloads, one to V1.0.41 and
then the next to V2.0 we ended up having 2, 10, 20 or more attempts at the download. Then if this failed the server kept trying again and again.
So the amount of data suddenly got much, much larger than it should have been hence the problem.
So at the moment we are still allowing Polys to update to V1.0.41 and so by the time we have fixed the issue and the server is back online
for V2.0 the traffic should be less anyway.
Hope that helps to understand what is happening.

Hi Matt,

Any ETR for when the server is back online for V2.0? (today/tomorrow, in aprox. how many hours?)

Apr 11, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #12,890 of 18,757
OK I am getting quite exasperated by the upgrading process to v2.0

Getting 1.0.41 was easy enough. Then I launch GoFigure and Press Update... and it quits (as indicated in the FAQ from Chord)

But the P status colors never really change on my Poly. They are ALWAYS white to indicate charging when I have the USB charger connected. I do see some color cycling when I disconnect the USB charging but it seems to settle on red not yellow (and I know my battery is about 50% so that can't be low battery). 30 minutes later still nada. Still 1.0.41. No v2.0

This is so frustrating

AH crap - server is down. Just caught up with the last post.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #12,891 of 18,757
Hi Mike. It's not quite that simple. The problem was that due to failure to download the update to some Polys the server received multiple requests.
Also because quite understandably some customers were frustrated and pressed the update firmware button in Gofigure multiple
times it ended up queuing multiple firmware downloads to the same Poly. So instead of each Poly having two downloads, one to V1.0.41 and
then the next to V2.0 we ended up having 2, 10, 20 or more attempts at the download. Then if this failed the server kept trying again and again.
So the amount of data suddenly got much, much larger than it should have been hence the problem.
So at the moment we are still allowing Polys to update to V1.0.41 and so by the time we have fixed the issue and the server is back online
for V2.0 the traffic should be less anyway.
Hope that helps to understand what is happening.
Thanks Matt for the explanation.
For the future (including 2Go) is there any way for the server to identify multiple/duplicate requests, and then transmit an alert to owner about the duplicate download requests, then automatically cancel those duplicate requests?

Apr 11, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #12,892 of 18,757
Thanks Matt for the explanation.
For the future (including 2Go) is there any way for the server to identify multiple/duplicate requests, and then transmit an alert to owner about the duplicate download requests, then automatically cancel those duplicate requests?

Yes we are working on that now to come up with a solution.

Apr 11, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #12,893 of 18,757
How about LDAC?

Also, how about Chromecast support for us Android users......

Yes it is still down.
As for other bluetooth codecs then probably not. Aptx/HD needs the Qualcomm chipset so it would mean a complete hardware change.
As you probably know although Bluetooth is convenient even with the latest versions it will never perform or sound as good as
a WiFi transmission method as there is always compression and you can't get bit perfect playback.

Apr 11, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #12,894 of 18,757
OK I am getting quite exasperated by the upgrading process to v2.0

Getting 1.0.41 was easy enough. Then I launch GoFigure and Press Update... and it quits (as indicated in the FAQ from Chord)

But the P status colors never really change on my Poly. They are ALWAYS white to indicate charging when I have the USB charger connected. I do see some color cycling when I disconnect the USB charging but it seems to settle on red not yellow (and I know my battery is about 50% so that can't be low battery). 30 minutes later still nada. Still 1.0.41. No v2.0

This is so frustrating

AH crap - server is down. Just caught up with the last post.
Does Poly still function fully as a streamer on 1.0.41 or is t just a bootstrap to 2.0.0?

Apr 11, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #12,896 of 18,757
Yes it is still down.
As for other bluetooth codecs then probably not. Aptx/HD needs the Qualcomm chipset so it would mean a complete hardware change.
As you probably know although Bluetooth is convenient even with the latest versions it will never perform or sound as good as
a WiFi transmission method as there is always compression and you can't get bit perfect playback.

What about LDAC? I understand that aptx seems to require a hardware change, but I have seen a number of devices get LDAC after the fact via firmware including some very cheap low powered devices like the earstudio es100. And while I agree that wifi is obviously the better choice when available, it just isnt always for certain things, especially on android except for specifically the services that are supported so far, and thats it. Without an airplay alternative like google cast/chromecast to make other streaming more universal, having something like LDAC would likely be good enough. Don't know if its possible, but it would be most welcome and would really round out the poly and make bluetooth streaming a viable option. And I know for me that when out and about, it might even be the preferred method, as I would not need to hunt for wifi, or run a hotspot on the poly which would essentially turn off internet on my phone or a hotspot on my phone which is a bit of a drain on my phones battery, though not sure how much more of a drain it is than running bluetooth.

And I just wanted to say to you directly, that I am really enjoying the update. As vocal as I have been in the past, this update is great, and really makes the poly useable again for me. I had a hiccup this morning where it seemed to die, but after a restart, its going strong, and its quite nice to actually be able to use it now easily without having to worry about whether the connection is going to crap out or it I will even be able to connect at all. Really glad you guys stuck with it. And will hopefully continue to do so. I would say I can definitely now see the promise of what I had hoped it would be initially.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #12,898 of 18,757
What about LDAC? I understand that aptx seems to require a hardware change, but I have seen a number of devices get LDAC after the fact via firmware including some very cheap low powered devices like the earstudio es100. And while I agree that wifi is obviously the better choice when available, it just isnt always for certain things, especially on android except for specifically the services that are supported so far, and thats it. Without an airplay alternative like google cast/chromecast to make other streaming more universal, having something like LDAC would likely be good enough. Don't know if its possible, but it would be most welcome and would really round out the poly and make bluetooth streaming a viable option. And I know for me that when out and about, it might even be the preferred method, as I would not need to hunt for wifi, or run a hotspot on the poly which would essentially turn off internet on my phone or a hotspot on my phone which is a bit of a drain on my phones battery, though not sure how much more of a drain it is than running bluetooth.

And I just wanted to say to you directly, that I am really enjoying the update. As vocal as I have been in the past, this update is great, and really makes the poly useable again for me. I had a hiccup this morning where it seemed to die, but after a restart, its going strong, and its quite nice to actually be able to use it now easily without having to worry about whether the connection is going to crap out or it I will even be able to connect at all. Really glad you guys stuck with it. And will hopefully continue to do so. I would say I can definitely now see the promise of what I had hoped it would be initially.

Thanks mashuto. We will take another look at LDAC but I can't promise anything. Like a lot of new technology we have to see how widely it is adopted before we invest in development. However I can see that quite a few phones are now including it.
From memory when I last looked it would only work if the product was running Android OS but that may have changed now. Anyway it's something else to think about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back