Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 10, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #12,859 of 18,821
I’ve improved over time w listening. I don’t possess the audiophile’s language to describe things but I pick out instruments well, the start & stopping of notes.

With Chord DACs, listening to the iPhone w/o mojo or poly is dull.

I was not expecting the wide soundstage on Glider so I swapped out the IEM to headphones.

It was still beautifully wide & deep.

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #12,861 of 18,821
I'm having a completely repeatable issue which is new to me with the firmware update. It happened as I was walking up and down the garden with a wheelbarrow listening to Poly via MALPD (though the same thing happens with playlists via GoFigure). I hear a click as Poly loses the connection to the house wifi as I go down the garden. Fine. As I come back I hear the click as it reconnects. Then the music stops instantly. Maybe I am just being dim, but it seems to me as though the new version of MPD on the Poly does not like disconnecting and then reconnecting to the same network while it is playing a playlist, and doing so makes it crash. As I say this is completely repeatable: it happens at exactly the same point in my walk up and down the garden (with horse manure, mind, so that may be to blame...) every time. I guess the work around is to put Poly in hotspot mode, but I also wonder if there is a simple fix. @MattBartlett any ideas?

I'll report this back to the software team. I can see what you are describing and it is because MPD is stopping to advertise itself as an available server/renderer when you connect back to the network. There might be a good reason it has to do this but I will check for you.

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #12,862 of 18,821
Happy to read good comments about the new version.

But in my case (like others) waiting to discover an official and stable solution to upgrade problems. As I see servers were down during all the day. Let’s see tomorrow.

Yes huge apologies for the delay. I hope to have better news tomorrow.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #12,863 of 18,821
My Glider observations - it all seems to be working well, but there are some changes, which is no doubt to be expected. Chiefly, I am now seeing three 'Network Sources' - one that's always been there, one that looks like just a (DLNA?) renderer, and one that describes itself as 'MPD Player @ [IP address]'. Anyone have this? If so, does it make any difference which one is selected as the output?

I'm no technician, so any comments welcome. I plan to stick with Glider if I can - does the job for me.

I have this as well, deleting and reinstalling Glider twice did not change anything. Can someone please post a screenshot of what their correct configuration looks like.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #12,864 of 18,821
Isn't Deezer HiFi only available on Sonos and Bang & Olufsen?

Yes probably is only exclusive to those two streamers. I have SONOS system. Would be nice for Deezer to branch out, tho'.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #12,865 of 18,821

GoFigure says “Update to version 2.0.0 available” so I hit Update Firmware, then YES… and nothing happens. So I do power cycling in every possible way (charger connected before, after, etc.) and everything (except for the card trick) only to find out now that the servers are down.

If the servers are down why is GoFigure advertising that a new version is available? Why isn’t it using the same source? Please fix this. :triportsad:

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #12,866 of 18,821
GoFigure says “Update to version 2.0.0 available” so I hit Update Firmware, then YES… and nothing happens. So I do power cycling in every possible way (charger connected before, after, etc.) and everything (except for the card trick) only to find out now that the servers are down.

If the servers are down why is GoFigure advertising that a new version is available? Why isn’t it using the same source? Please fix this. :triportsad:
I know that you are frustrated, but get real.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-858#post-14889906
How can Chord update the GoFigure screen messages, if the servers are currently down?

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #12,867 of 18,821
I’ve finally managed to update to 2.0, but now I get a consistent drop off from the glider app every five or so minutes. The only way to get it back is a full power cycle - has anyone else experienced this at all?

Currently this is worse than before when I just got the odd audio drop out.

I’ve deleted the app and re-installed - tried it from my phone and ipad and even changed home WiFi channels etc - although I can see the poly is never dropping from WiFi at all. None of this was an issue pre update.

Could this just be the glider app?

Any help is greatly appreciated as I’m really starting to fall out of love with this thing as it’s never been 100% since purchase and I’d pinned hope on this new firmware.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #12,868 of 18,821
Hi Matt. I realise that this is a very busy week for you, and that you must be rushed off your feet.
I could see that the servers were struggling yesterday at times, with so many Poly owners trying to update.
Out of curiousity are you able to tell us how many thousands of Poly owners have been able to successfully download the updates?

Apr 10, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #12,869 of 18,821
I’ve finally managed to update to 2.0, but now I get a consistent drop off from the glider app every five or so minutes. The only way to get it back is a full power cycle - has anyone else experienced this at all?

Currently this is worse than before when I just got the odd audio drop out.

I’ve deleted the app and re-installed - tried it from my phone and ipad and even changed home WiFi channels etc - although I can see the poly is never dropping from WiFi at all. None of this was an issue pre update.

Could this just be the glider app?

Any help is greatly appreciated as I’m really starting to fall out of love with this thing as it’s never been 100% since purchase and I’d pinned hope on this new firmware.

I too am getting lots of problems with Glider. I can play music for about 5 minutes, then it just stops.

Sometimes this is because Poly starts re-indexing the SD card, sometimes it’s because Poly disappears as a renderer.

I’ve had similar issues using playlists with goFigure. It plays 1 or 2 tracks then stutters, stops and I can’t play any music. I have to power cycle to get things up and running again (which the occasional random re-indexing of the SD card again).

Poly seems much more stable on my home network - which is great, but I’m experiencing more issues in hotspot mode, or using my iPhone’s hotspot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back