1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856
858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867
Next

Last
  1. dricas_007
    Trying out dsd songs using 8player Pro on my iPhone...impressive, no more dropouts and connection so far make me a happy user well done for this v2.00 firmware

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  2. DavidW
    I too deleted and reinstalled Glider, and now it works great with 2.0 using hotspot mode (I haven't tried it yet using wifi). Glider always was inconsistent for me with the old firmware, but so far it appears to be smooth sailing. As for Joe- I haven't seen him here for a while and there is some talk on the Glider community board that he may have left the project. That is too bad as I agree Joe was a gem.

Back to 2.0 and Glider.
    :)

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  3. Peter Hyatt

Original.

4. Signal2Noise
    It's sad to see only Tidal and Qobuz integration with Poly. Qobuz isn't available in Canada yet and the last thing I want to do is give Jay-Z any of my money for a Tidal sub.

Would love to see Deezer HiFi included down the dev road? Hell, even Spotify Premium I'd take.

5. umerfulo
    Isn't Deezer HiFi only available on Sonos and Bang & Olufsen?

6. Feedbacker
    My Glider observations - it all seems to be working well, but there are some changes, which is no doubt to be expected. Chiefly, I am now seeing three 'Network Sources' - one that's always been there, one that looks like just a (DLNA?) renderer, and one that describes itself as 'MPD Player @ [IP address]'. Anyone have this? If so, does it make any difference which one is selected as the output?

I'm no technician, so any comments welcome. I plan to stick with Glider if I can - does the job for me.

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  7. masterpfa
    Use GoFigure to check your IP address and that it matches M.A.L.P profiles

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  8. masterpfa

I am connected via 3.5mm line out. I have not checked the dynamic range or anything, just plugged in (I will check these setting)
    Guest mode switched off.

OK checked full dynamic range was switched off, I have toggled this to on to see if any changes

Amberlamps likes this.
  9. Peter Hyatt

Same here. (MPD)

I deleted and re-downloaded Glider.

It sounds terrific.

10. paulgc
    I had the same questions... but found the answer here on @ChordElectronics FAQs. https://chordelectronics.co.uk/faqs-category/streamers/

11. Feedbacker
    I think it actually sounds better (though I can't explain why!)

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  12. Amberlamps
    Cool, so what I can see is that both of you are not using an optical cable, maybe thats the key to this bug, maybe it's limited to toslink users.

I'm gunna have to try a normal cable instead, but how am I going to connect it, as there is no line in on my chord gear, I will have to look at the manuals and then figure out how I can connect to them with a non optical cable.

Cheers

13. calidore
    I'm having a completely repeatable issue which is new to me with the firmware update. It happened as I was walking up and down the garden with a wheelbarrow listening to Poly via MALPD (though the same thing happens with playlists via GoFigure). I hear a click as Poly loses the connection to the house wifi as I go down the garden. Fine. As I come back I hear the click as it reconnects. Then the music stops instantly. Maybe I am just being dim, but it seems to me as though the new version of MPD on the Poly does not like disconnecting and then reconnecting to the same network while it is playing a playlist, and doing so makes it crash. As I say this is completely repeatable: it happens at exactly the same point in my walk up and down the garden (with horse manure, mind, so that may be to blame...) every time. I guess the work around is to put Poly in hotspot mode, but I also wonder if there is a simple fix. @MattBartlett any ideas?

14. Gr8h8m
    Just for you I will test out 24/96 over optical tomorrow. Okeydoke? And I'll move further discussion over to DMs to avoid polluting this thread more.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  15. paul.tonnenberg
    At least now I have read this so called manual. That whole "firmware update to 2.0 thing" sounds quite complicated. So no funny business again.

First

Back
847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856
858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867
Next

Last