Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 9, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #12,691 of 18,889
Poly light always circle red, green, blue. 1 hour, 2 hours and still no yellow color appear. No sd card inserted, connected to the charger, .41 installed but impossible to upgrade to the new version. Any help much appreciated.

Apr 9, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #12,693 of 18,889
Poly light always circle red, green, blue. 1 hour, 2 hours and still no yellow color appear. No sd card inserted, connected to the charger, .41 installed but impossible to upgrade to the new version. Any help much appreciated.

I am in the same situation.
First minutes the light dance. Then the mojo main button changes from off to red and the light dance in the poly light goes on.

Tried 5 times. No success.

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #12,694 of 18,889
Tried yesterday night and this morning, always the green blue and red colours for more than 5 hours and still nothing .

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #12,695 of 18,889
A rogue who wonders... Chord once again has his incompetent fingers in play.

I stay on the old firmware 1.0.26. It make no sense to update to 2.0, and it is useless anyway. Essential stuff like Google Chromecast support is not even integrated! ...unimportant mumpitz, like roon what probably not even 10% of Poly users use anyway. BOOOOORING!

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #12,696 of 18,889
mines also stuck in the loop ' hello your poly is pending a software update, please eject the sd card and reboot..........'

done this many times already, even factory reset

any words of wisdom, or go to chord support?

thanks

Make sure your Poly is on charge and the SD card is ejected. Then press the update firmware button in Gofigure just once.
At this point Poly will contact the server to start the firmware download. This can take quite a long time. You know it has started the download when the P status light starts to flash all the different colours. Eventually the flashing will stop and you should see a solid
orange/yellow P status light. This is when the firmware is being installed. Wait again until eventually Poly reboots and you should see
the white charging light come back on.

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #12,697 of 18,889
Although Apple has had many updates to its phone operating software it’s under tight control and is basically one set of homogenous software. That unfortunately isn’t the case for Android phones It should be noted that there are many tens of different phones all running slightly different versions of the basic android software. We have endeavoured to make Poly work with as many of these as possible but some phone will never work. It’s generally the older and cheaper the phone the less chance it has of working with Poly. This if a problem of the phone software and is not really a problem with your Poly.

So my question is a little different. For someone who uses Poly on a phone without gofigure support, will it remain on 1.41 firmware?

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #12,698 of 18,889
So my question is a little different. For someone who uses Poly on a phone without gofigure support, will it remain on 1.41 firmware?

Yes it will although we are working on a patch to allow updating via the config switch.
Out of interest what phone do you have as we have updated Gofigure for Android to work with more phones now.

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #12,699 of 18,889
After a couple of hours using the new firmware it's easy to tell there's been a major improvement. It's working much better. Thanks everyone at Chord! The update process did not went smoothly to me, but a thousand times better than some users here. That was a catastrophe and the company needs to sort that kind of stuff out for the next update.

Things need to still improve a lot on the 2GO. Still not sure if I'd want one if it's just a Poly that fits my Hugo 2.

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #12,700 of 18,889
Make sure your Poly is on charge and the SD card is ejected. Then press the update firmware button in Gofigure just once.
At this point Poly will contact the server to start the firmware download. This can take quite a long time. You know it has started the download when the P status light starts to flash all the different colours. Eventually the flashing will stop and you should see a solid
orange/yellow P status light. This is when the firmware is being installed. Wait again until eventually Poly reboots and you should see

Thanks Matt
Done that, (again :) )

still stuck in the loop, and as per other people post the app closes in iOS

also, my lights alternate RGB when I turn off, not really flashing, and the m status light comes on white for a while then off for a while

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #12,701 of 18,889
Hi Matt, thanks for all. What do you mean by this can take quite a long time: 1 hours, 5 hours? The night?. In case of the P status light continue to flash différent colours after a long period ( 10 hours for example) what we have to do? Thanks for your help. Cheers jm

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #12,702 of 18,889
Someone mentioned on here a while ago about connecting the Apple watch to Poly via Bluetooth so they could listen to music on the go without having to take a phone with them.
I can confirm that this does work with the latest firmware and is another interesting use case I hadn't even considered until it was suggested.

Hi Matt, that may have been my post, just checked it out this morning on my walk and it works great! Not sure it'll get used much but it's nice sometimes just to bring poly along and leave the phone at home...

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #12,703 of 18,889
A rogue who wonders... Chord once again has his incompetent fingers in play.

I stay on the old firmware 1.0.26. It make no sense to update to 2.0, and it is useless anyway. Essential stuff like Google Chromecast support is not even integrated! ...unimportant mumpitz, like roon what probably not even 10% of Poly users use anyway. BOOOOORING!

Whilst I would have liked to see Spotify Connect and Chromecast support, I’m of the opinion that support for HiRes supporters like Tidal, Quobuz and Roon makes a lot more sense for something like the Mojo-Poly combination. It’s for audiophiles and music enthusiasts, people who want the best sounding combinations. Chromecast/Spotify Connect won’t likely provide such possibilities.

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #12,704 of 18,889
all i encountered yesterday was brief hiccups--no speeding up effect. I think the breaks in iPhone hotspot connection are impossible to escape in a city like NYC. so much interference everywhere. a fire truck passed with the sirens on and the connection briefly stopped. a train pulls into the subway and the connection briefly stops. i think this is an iPhone/wi-fi problem and not a Poly issue.

regardless--no more speeding up!

Sweet. I’m just now using it as a Bluetooth receiver (from iPhone) on the subway ride. I deliberately left it on WiFi mode (in other words, I didn’t put it into airplane mode) and I’m not noticing any of the skips and 6sec WiFi connection clicks.

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #12,705 of 18,889
Hi Matt, that may have been my post, just checked it out this morning on my walk and it works great! Not sure it'll get used much but it's nice sometimes just to bring poly along and leave the phone at home...

Ah great. Thanks for letting me know. Glad it works for you now. It's a great solution I hadn't thought of before so kudos to you for suggesting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back