Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 9, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #12,676 of 18,752
After several frustrating attempts I have finally upgraded the firmware version to 2.0.0. Now that the old hair raising way of updating FW is behind us, we can start concentrating on new found performances and features of the Poly, which I hope would do it justice, and the product which should have been from the beginning.

On initial test on my subway home, where one section will always have enough signal interference to cause WiFi to drop out and cause the music to crackle, pop, speed up and finally catch up, this nuisance is now GONE. I am happy to report that it has been smooth sailing so far. Looks like the new WiFi code does make a positive difference. Hats off to Chord for making this improvement!

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #12,677 of 18,752
No need to be sarcastic, when someone has tried to help you!
Absolutely no sarcasm here, brothers, I also foresaw the logics of 0000 in factory reset during the update, I appreciate any help!
It's just crazy frustration that now I just look helpless at it ..I also deleted poly from BT in my phone...I don't know what else to do.
I apologise if it came through as sarcasm, I promise it was not! I also slept only 3 hours last night and today am like a zombie at work with the only outcame of ” loosing” my Poly... I trust I'll fix it somehow, all of us.

Apr 9, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #12,678 of 18,752
Yes, complete update done in about 15 min by following exactly the steps pointed out by Chord!

The initial firmware update to 1.0.41 took about 10 min.
Then via the GoFigure app I started the version 2 firmware update.
Poly didn’t do anything at first. The P. status light stayed white.
So I switched it off for a minute and then switched it on again. The Poly P. Status light immediately started colour cycling and only did that about 3 times after which it stayed yellow. That took another minute, before the status light switched off.
I then switched Poly/Mojo off and on again and the update was done.

I mainly use Poly/Mojo with Roon, which was up until now unusable. I had constant dropouts when listening to music while surfing the Internet or even when someone else used Roon with another device, Poly would stop.

Now... everything works perfectly, no more dropouts.

Thank you very much, Chord! @Matt Bartlett

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #12,680 of 18,752
Yes, complete update done in about 15 min by following exactly the steps pointed out by Chord!

The initial firmware update to 1.0.41 took about 10 min.
Then via the GoFigure app I started the version 2 firmware update.
Poly didn’t do anything at first. The P. status light stayed white.
So I switched it off for a minute and then switched it on again. The Poly P. Status light immediately started colour cycling and only did that about 3 times after which it stayed yellow. That took another minute, before the status light switched off.
I then switched Poly/Mojo off and on again and the update was done.

Same here, only took around 10 for the whole process. I do have a 1GB fibre connection so perhaps that helped along with doing it yesterday the minute it got released so perhaps i missed the server being hit.

Anyway, so far so good :)

Apr 9, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #12,681 of 18,752
Someone mentioned on here a while ago about connecting the Apple watch to Poly via Bluetooth so they could listen to music on the go without having to take a phone with them.
I can confirm that this does work with the latest firmware and is another interesting use case I hadn't even considered until it was suggested.

Apr 9, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #12,682 of 18,752
Just adding my own „worked as advertised for me“ line here. Followed the steps, had one moment of the light indicators being unclear to me, restarted poly and then it all worked the way it was supposed to for me. Thanks, @Matt Bartlett & gang! I have to say, while the firmware update procedures were unorthodox (up until now), they have always worked for me. And I do appreciate the security design of the device that prohibits code execution from the SD card. I do not need another hijackable device in my apt, there are plenty of sketchy IoT devices already! :wink:

Apr 9, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #12,686 of 18,752
Now I am confused

I have been using Mconnect (full version) for a few months now and I have always been able to connect to and playback both Tidal MQA up to 96kHz files (indicated as 48kHz on MOJO) and Qobuz Hi-Res up to 192kHz, so your statement has confused me somewhat. I was not too sure how Tidal /Qobuz integration was going to work with this new firmware update, foolishly I believed that I was going to be able to connect directly to these services via the GoFigure app :nerd:

Unless I am missing something????

MConnect has a built-in MQA authenticator--so it will work. Not sure about 8player.

Apr 9, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #12,687 of 18,752
What’s the verdict on #1?

all i encountered yesterday was brief hiccups--no speeding up effect. I think the breaks in iPhone hotspot connection are impossible to escape in a city like NYC. so much interference everywhere. a fire truck passed with the sirens on and the connection briefly stopped. a train pulls into the subway and the connection briefly stops. i think this is an iPhone/wi-fi problem and not a Poly issue.

regardless--no more speeding up!

Apr 9, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #12,689 of 18,752
Successful upgrade to 2.0. One thing I might mention... when turning off remember to wait until the green connected light goes out before restarting. The update is fantastic. Switching between Roon and "other sources" works instantly with no need to reboot. Gapless also is a joy. I can't see the need for the Tidal, Qobuz integration as apps like mConnect have that already. Maybe someone can clarify this integration for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back