Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 9, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #12,661 of 18,785
Just a warning to android users. John Franks has unhelpfully said that 'old' or 'cheap' devices may not work with the new GoFigure. I have updated to firmware 2.0. It works on my wife's ipad. But on both an old tablet running android 6 and on a moto g6 running android 9 the new app stalls and prompts for a Bluetooth code. Enter 0000 and it either crashes or loops through the same sequence again. This is deeply frustrating. I bought (indeed preordered) a device said to be android compatible. It wasn't then and isn't now. I appreciate that android is a complex ecosystem but to market a product in this way is very misleading. Chord should have published a list of compatible devices when they launched GoFigure and warned those upgrading to this version that after doing so their previous set up might not work. I am glad anyway that some people are happy with 2.0. But I would strongly advise anyone running android not to update at this point.

in my case, galaxy note 8 on android 9, all I did was unpair the Poly from the saved Bluetooth devices on my phone, but only after the update. restarted the GoFigure app, and the looping stopped and i was able to access Poly thru GoFigure.

Apr 9, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #12,662 of 18,785
Just a warning to android users. John Franks has unhelpfully said that 'old' or 'cheap' devices may not work with the new GoFigure. I have updated to firmware 2.0. It works on my wife's ipad. But on both an old tablet running android 6 and on a moto g6 running android 9 the new app stalls and prompts for a Bluetooth code. Enter 0000 and it either crashes or loops through the same sequence again. This is deeply frustrating. I bought (indeed preordered) a device said to be android compatible. It wasn't then and isn't now. I appreciate that android is a complex ecosystem but to market a product in this way is very misleading. Chord should have published a list of compatible devices when they launched GoFigure and warned those upgrading to this version that after doing so their previous set up might not work. I am glad anyway that some people are happy with 2.0. But I would strongly advise anyone running android not to update at this point.
I think that you need to calm down a bit.
  1. Regarding Chord publishing a list of compatible devices, that list would be out of date, the second that it was created. There must be thousands of manufacturers worldwide, releasing thousands of new Bluetooth enabled devices each year, so creating a comprehensive list would be nigh impossible, and such a list would need to be updated daily, if that was ever possible.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #12,663 of 18,785

On Android you need to delete your previous Bluetooth connection to Poly on your phone and then reconnect. The firmware update will change the security encryption for Bluetooth so the old code and connection will no longer work.

Apr 9, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #12,664 of 18,785
On Android you need to delete your previous Bluetooth connection to Poly on your phone and then reconnect. The firmware update will change the security encryption for Bluetooth so the old code and connection will no longer work.
Thanks very much. That works. I hope other users grasp this further counterintuitive aspect of Poly : that to pair it you have to unpair it.

Apr 9, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #12,665 of 18,785
Hi, Poly firmware has updated and Go Figure has updated.

If I launch QuickPlay, my playlists are no longer found. When I launch the MPD android client (M.A.L.P) I get a failed to connect error using my profiles (Home Wifi, Office WiFi, Android HotSpot). Has anyone had this issue. I use MPD all the time. I have just tested DLNA (Bubble Upnp) and am able to play via that method. Had something got screwed up on my poly during the update. Any ideas on how to rescue. I checked my IP addresses hadn't changed. Thanks

Apr 9, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #12,666 of 18,785
Here another Mojo Poly user living this crazy updating experience.

After two hours I managed to get the right GoFigure version.
Then more than 4 hours with the poly lights dancing trying to download the firmware update.
I decided to turn off and start again...

Any ideas @Matt Bartlett ?

Apr 9, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #12,667 of 18,785
Hi, Poly firmware has updated and Go Figure has updated.

If I launch QuickPlay, my playlists are no longer found. When I launch the MPD android client (M.A.L.P) I get a failed to connect error using my profiles (Home Wifi, Office WiFi, Android HotSpot). Has anyone had this issue. I use MPD all the time. I have just tested DLNA (Bubble Upnp) and am able to play via that method. Had something got screwed up on my poly during the update. Any ideas on how to rescue. I checked my IP addresses hadn't changed. Thanks
Hey there - that was my experience initially as well. I had to refresh the library within GoFigure, then refresh within M.A..L.P, and then it showed up fine.

Apr 9, 2019 at 6:51 AM Post #12,668 of 18,785
I think that you need to calm down a bit.
  1. Regarding Chord publishing a list of compatible devices, that list would be out of date, the second that it was created. There must be thousands of manufacturers worldwide, releasing thousands of new Bluetooth enabled devices each year, so creating a comprehensive list would be nigh impossible, and such a list would need to be updated daily, if that was ever possible.
Maybe I was a bit hasty. Maybe my frustration is historic. But even when GoFigure connects there are still odd things going on, like Poly's firmware being reported as 0.0.0 and the size of the 400gb SD card being underreported... In Android 9 the back button also seems not to close the app. It also frequently stalls during the connection process. So I do think there is still work to be done on the Android version, as with the first release.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190409-113941.png
    Screenshot_20190409-113941.png
    522.8 KB · Views: 0
Apr 9, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #12,669 of 18,785

Then more than 4 hours with the poly lights dancing trying to download the firmware update.

After easily updating to 1.0.41 I've tried updating many many times to update to v2.0 sometimes waiting a couple of hours and still it won't update. In fact now when I restart Poly it starts the update (slowly changing lights) before I even go and open Go Figure and press the V2.0 Update button. So it's totally unusable, It must be bricked. :frowning2:

Apr 9, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #12,670 of 18,785
Hi Everyone,

When the P status light is cycling through the colours Poly is trying to download the update file from the server.
When the download has completed you will see a yellow P status light and Poly will begin to reprogram.
Do not switch off or remove the charger when the light is yellow. When the programming is finished the P status light will either switch off or go back to white showing it is charging. You can then reboot and use Poly normally.

If you have difficulty with the update please contact our support email ( support@chordelectronics.co.uk ) and we will help you.

Thanks for these comments.
It would be great to be included in the original instructions and the video...

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #12,671 of 18,785
MQA from Tidal is not going to work
Now I am confused

I have been using Mconnect (full version) for a few months now and I have always been able to connect to and playback both Tidal MQA up to 96kHz files (indicated as 48kHz on MOJO) and Qobuz Hi-Res up to 192kHz, so your statement has confused me somewhat. I was not too sure how Tidal /Qobuz integration was going to work with this new firmware update, foolishly I believed that I was going to be able to connect directly to these services via the GoFigure app :nerd:

Unless I am missing something????

Apr 9, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #12,672 of 18,785
I thought the same thing: GoFigure crashes once you click YES to perform the update. But then I reread the instruction in the pop-up and it says GoFigure will close (on my iPad it essentially minimizes/goes to background) and must be restarted once the update finishes...whenever that is.

Not certain what I did (it was late last night), but it ultimately worked for me. I am now there.
:)

Apr 9, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #12,673 of 18,785
OK I have come through the Firmware update, but it was not a pleasant journey or experience to say the least.

1. I update GoFigure on my 2 Android devices, however with my Pixel 2XL running the Android Q Beta this meant that device was out of the running, so the journey continues on my OnePlus 3
2. Firmware 1.041 downloaded as GoFigure app eventually indicated. Had to restart app and Poly a few times.
3. Firmware update did not go through as "No network detected". Restarted Mojo/Poly waited for lights to go out, retried several times before this did go through.
4. Finally cycling LEDs seen, once these turned to a solid colour tried to log in via GoFigure app. No joy Bluetooth PIN incorrect.
5. Went to bed (recommended step)
6. Searched for a paperclip to reacquaint myself with the manual config method :head_bandage:
7. Resetting Bluetooth PIN had no effect, device would still not connect
8. Checked firmware version while in manual config mode FW2.00 is installed
9. Factory reset manual config mode
10. Finally connected

It's 10:30 in the morning and I'm already on my 2nd Brandy

Guess it was my turn to have problems.

Now my question how does Tidal Qobuz integration work with Poly, please don't say Mconnect, BubbleUPNP for ANdroid as I have been using these for sometime and was really hoping for a direct control from GoFigure

PS I like the "Launch Radio" option

Hi Everyone,
When the download has completed you will see a yellow P status light and Poly will begin to reprogram.
Do not switch off or remove the charger when the light is yellow.

Would have been nice to include this in the original instructions.

Watching the YouTube video, Step 7

once the colour cycle has stopped, POLY'S 'PSTATUS' light will display a solid colour. Switch off the unit and the update will be complete.

My unit completed the cycling colours and the solid colour displayed was yellow, at the time these instructions were not included :angry:

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #12,674 of 18,785

Hi,
I'm not sure why you had an issue getting the correct Gofigure version. It should just be a case of downloading the new app from Apple's App store or from Google Play.

The dancing lights are when Poly is trying to download the file from the update server. It's a pretty big file so depending on the speed of your internet connection then this could take a long time.
I would say that after a couple of hours then you should switch off and start again as it is possible that the connection between the server and your Poly has been interrupted so the download can't complete.

Apr 9, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #12,675 of 18,785
Hi,
I'm not sure why you had an issue getting the correct Gofigure version. It should just be a case of downloading the new app from Apple's App store or from Google Play.

The dancing lights are when Poly is trying to download the file from the update server. It's a pretty big file so depending on the speed of your internet connection then this could take a long time.
I would say that after a couple of hours then you should switch off and start again as it is possible that the connection between the server and your Poly has been interrupted so the download can't complete.

Thanks @Matt Bartlett for your kind and quick answer. I really appreciate.

My problems with GoFigure were not to update the app from Apple Store but to jump from .26 to 41. I had to turn off and on several times to get it.

On the other hand, my internet connection is 1Gb so I bet that the problem of dancing lights is not a matter of big file problem or what ever.
Not sure what is happening but something is happening for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back