Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 8, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #12,617 of 18,773
I’ve been working with the Poly over the last hour. Got it to 1.0.41, but when I go to Device Settings and select Update Firmware, Gofigure crashes. I restart and repeat, but I get the same reaction.

What to do?
I thought the same thing: GoFigure crashes once you click YES to perform the update. But then I reread the instruction in the pop-up and it says GoFigure will close (on my iPad it essentially minimizes/goes to background) and must be restarted once the update finishes...whenever that is.

Apr 8, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #12,618 of 18,773
I manage to get my poly update to 1.041 yesterday. But from there to 2.00 needs some time, so I left it overnight. This morning wake up happy to see the menu has the update 2.00 and so I just tab to proceed.

The app on my iPhone just quit and update with red, green, blue light. After 30 mins I saw still in a loop, I power off. Then use the micro sd card insert method and power on. This time round got stuck in a loop for one hour.

Then I power down again...keeping my fingers crossed as I am worried I might bricked the poly. I waited till all lights shut down and wait 20 seconds before I remove my micro sd card. Then plug in cable and power up.

Luckily this time round it start to flash with 3 color lights again...although I did not seen the yellow light. But it’s done within 10 mins with both mojo and poly light in white. Then I search use the app and search...happy to see I am at new 2.00 firmware finally.

Apr 8, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #12,619 of 18,773
- got the solid yellow light
- powered down
- unplugged
- waited for the light to go out
- plugged it back in again

- got the mojo light, but not the poly light.

Poly has been essentially charging all day, so doubt that it's a dead battery. Seems more like the firmware udpate may have been corrupted due to being incomplete. The solid yellow light (and the long delay of it staying on after powering down), was, at least in my case, indicative of the 2.0 firmware update not completing, so ended up with a corrupt firmware, and now doesn't start up.
I have exactly the same problem as you. I sent chord an email. Waiting for them to reply.

Apr 9, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #12,620 of 18,773
Well my Poly finally successfully updated. Unsure of the official length of time but somewhere between 3 and 4 hours, including blind troubleshooting involving numerous power cycles.

Oh the madness of Chord's Poly World(tm)!

IMG_1156.PNG

Apr 9, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #12,622 of 18,773
Well my Poly finally successfully updated. Unsure of the official length of time but somewhere between 3 and 4 hours, including blind troubleshooting involving numerous power cycles.

Oh the madness of Chord's Poly World(tm)!

Congrats. If I ever get the Poly working again, at least I'll know what it's supposed to look like on the GoFigure screen.

Apr 9, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #12,623 of 18,773
Finally updated to 2.0 after having the device do its disco thing over the whole night. Was able to get it out of that loop by putting a random microSD card in. So far so good. Roon still says "unidentified" @Matt Bartlett — does it need another Roon update to show full compatibility?

Apr 9, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #12,624 of 18,773
I can't seem to get Poly to go beyond 1.0.26. I have followed the directions about leaving poly on for 10 minutes. Tried 10 minutes, no luck, tried 1 hour, no luck, left poly on for 4 hours now. No luck? On my router it shows poly connected and I can play music but poly is not making any attempt to contact the internet? I did a factory reset after the one hour test. I thought it was because it was named poly but I changed it back to my original name for the four hour test. Now I can't change names because when I click device info gofigure locks up. (it locked up since update, so I used my iphone to change the name but my iphone unfortunately also updated so now my ipad and iphone are both new gofigures and I can't access device settings now on either now)

Apr 9, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #12,629 of 18,773
Nice! I'm going to leave mine on for the next 16 hours while I sleep then go to work. See if I get lucky when I get home tomorrow night. :D

Seeing how mine struggled all night here in Europe, I'd suggest trying the SD card trick first thing in the morning :)

Apr 9, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #12,630 of 18,773
We cant update through Mobile hotspot ?
I am getting failed error message

Users who are viewing this thread

Back