Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 8, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #12,586 of 18,775
Well, 18 months later and I think I can say that this looks to be a decent upgrade. From the perspective of reliability and user experience, ok the update wasn't a great experience, they never are, but it seems a much more solid update, the trick is, and I haven't tried this outside yet but, will I get hi res streaming via my 4g phone connection.

Hires streaming from qobuz to poly is my goal for outside, ( without cables ) for those that continued to play with poly, is it likely that I'm going to get Hires streaming from an iphone or will airplay neuter it when mobile ?

Airplay will only neuter if you're trying to use downloaded files on Tidal/Qobuz. streaming Qobuz should be legit hi-res using the DLNA function. But then you've got your cellular data bill to worry about !

Apr 8, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #12,589 of 18,775
Oh lordy - I actually feel a little emotional. Seeing all my MP3s finally show up properly in M.A.L.P - I've waited a long time for this day. Thanks Chord!

Apr 8, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #12,590 of 18,775
I left my Poly on overnight accidentally.

I came home excited to install the update .

I installed the latest version of the GoFigure App (Android). Then I saw the Poly had been updated to 1.0.41.

I tried a bunch to update to 2.0 and it just told me I wasn't connected to my network. I power cycled and a bunch over an hour and now I have 2.0.

I never saw the flashing lights or anything. I have no idea how I got the upgrade. LOL :darthsmile:

I don't seem to have access to the Tidal, or have an understanding of how that works. I am going to dig a bit to try and understand that.

Apr 8, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #12,591 of 18,775
Airplay will only neuter if you're trying to use downloaded files on Tidal/Qobuz. streaming Qobuz should be legit hi-res using the DLNA function. But then you've got your cellular data bill to worry about !

I'm happy if I can get hi res qobuz with 4g, I have 100GB per month and 98% of it goes unused, but, now that I have mojo and poly back working good, I will start reaping the dataz.

Good to know hires will work. :)

Apr 8, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #12,592 of 18,775
Hi,

I got the update to 1.041 to work but I cannot get the firmware update to 2.00 to work. I keep hitting the button and its says connection to internet failed.....I tried power cycling numerous times and still same internet failure message despite being on home network and having poly plugged in charging..is there any tips other than installing the SD card back

Apr 8, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #12,593 of 18,775
Finally the upgrade worked from Chile, I did the SD card trick after the the upgrade to 1.0.41. I remove it after a few minutes and the update started.

With the 2.0 firmware, and the Gofigure upgrade, it works very well, like having a new Poly/Mojo

Long wait,but I now I will use my Mojo Poly again

Apr 8, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #12,594 of 18,775
I had that on my iOS device, switched to Android and at least that didn't crash but it did tell me (incorrectly) that Poly wasn't connected to the internet. However a power cycle of Poly/Mojo seemed to have initiated the update.

After some research, it seems that GoFigure is supposed to do that. It updated nicely. Haven't had much issues with my poly up until now any way. Very pleased with it, but I think having an iPhone and iOS makes it all so much easier, so I do understand some peoples' frustrations.

Apr 8, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #12,595 of 18,775
Well, following the cryptic comments here I've managed to update to 2.0 - but it was a strange process.
Didn't want to risk damaging 400GB SD library, formatted a spare 64GB card to exFAT and copied across dlna-sdfree.dat and mpd.db, just in case.
Power cycled Poly and booted with the new card *inserted*.
Left it to LED colour cycle for 10 mins.
Ejected the card without powering down.
LED immediately switched to solid Yellow.
Powered down - solid Yellow stayed on for quite some time, more than usual - eventually turned off.
Powered up - GoFigure finds Poly and indicates v2.0
What a f*ing palaver!!!
NB - this worked for me but goes against Chord's explicit instructions for updating so ymmv.

Well.....success here! That is one of the strangest update processes I've done, wanted to touch my toes and spin around 3 times for good luck, thanks for sharing this @Gr8h8m

Apr 8, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #12,596 of 18,775
Oh Wow!

This update has made my Poly work a lot better. I really enjoy using the Poly as a server for Tidal.

Looking forward to living with this update for a while and seeing if it improves the experience longterm.

Apr 8, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #12,597 of 18,775
Interestingly M.A.L.P reports that Poly v2.0 is now using Mopidy rather than vanilla MPD server - which if its correct, points to possible later Spotify, Soundcloud or Google Play integration via an extension.
Love the added internet radio streaming. Tried adding a station's stream to the ones available but no joy - anyone else tried this yet?

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #12,598 of 18,775
I'm presently updating. Poly is currently at 1.0.41, GoFigure app on iOS is at 2.0. Clicking on the upgrade firmware button to initialize 2.0.0 f/w on Poly "seems" to take (app closes/minimizes as it says it will) but there's no flashing lights on MojoPoly, just steady.

I must say the "UI" for GoFigure and Poly UI must stand for "UnIntuitive".

I also tried the SD card method others suggested. With the SD card inserted a message comes up on GoFigure after selecting the firmware upgrade scolding me to remove said SD card.

I'm digging through the backlog of pages here to see what other results transpired. An indicator of timeframe for update completion would be handy.

Apr 8, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #12,599 of 18,775
I'm presently updating. Poly is currently at 1.0.41, GoFigure app on iOS is at 2.0. Clicking on the upgrade firmware button to initialize 2.0.0 f/w on Poly "seems" to take (app closes/minimizes as it says it will) but there's no flashing lights on MojoPoly, just steady.

I must say the "UI" for GoFigure and Poly UI must stand for "UnIntuitive".

I also tried the SD card method others suggested. With the SD card inserted a message comes up on GoFigure after selecting the firmware upgrade scolding me to remove said SD card.

I'm digging through the backlog of pages here to see what other results transpired. An indicator of timeframe for update completion would be handy.
The SD card method was only used after my Poly got stuck in a loop - on power-up it would immediately try and update (LED would colour cycle) and got stuck in this state, initially for 4 hours!
Have you tried fully power cycling after clicking upgrade?

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #12,600 of 18,775
Had a strange update process here myself. Powered on when I got home and left it for 10 minutes or so to let it update to 1.0.41. Cycled on and off a couple times to be sure. Checked with the new gofigure, and said it was ready to update. SD card was out, plugged in. Tried to do the update, said failed. Tried again, failed. Went to go do something else, but left charged in for a bit. I think the lights may have been cycling. Came back to try again with gofigure again a bit later. Was unable to connect until I tried the alternate mode. Switched and gofigure said it was already updated and there were no updates.

First impressions are good. Seems quicker to respond, and playback in hificast just seems more responsive overall. One thing that always used to bug me was when seeking in tracks, the seek bar would often go back to where it was initially and not stick to where I set it, even though the music picked up from where I set it. Seems to actually work better now.

I know one of you guys mentioned mopidy for mpd, I should also mention that hificast shows JF Light Industries UpMPD 1.0 as the DLNA renderer now (well as a subtitle). Dont know what it means, just thought I would bring it up. Will be back for more testing a bit later and will likely bring it to work with me tomorrow for some extended testing.

I know I have also been kind of harsh against this, but I am hopeful this update will finally bring the poly to where it should be. Excited to be able to use it as intended.

Also, could just a placebo, but I am hearing much less wifi interference now too. We will see about that one...

Edit: However, after I powered off the poly it seems to have powered back on... blue light blinked a bit and came back on, and has been going on and off. Weird.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back