Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 8, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #12,571 of 18,780
Just out of curiosity, has anyone else experienced the GoFigure app crashing/quitting upon hitting the 2.0 update button? I "think" the 2.0 started, because I see the P-status scrolling through three colors, but curious if the GoFigure app quitting happened to anyone else.

Yes that happened to me as well. I believe it's a normal part of the upgrade process. GoFigure loses it's connection with Poly once the upgrade starts.

EDIT: Of course that doesn't mean you're done, some people have been having issues with the update completing due to busy servers, myself included. I'm hoping once the load dies down the update will complete. I'm on my 3rd attempt.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #12,574 of 18,780
ive only updated the go figure app so far, but very happy to see the playlists render quickly and reliably.

Apr 8, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #12,575 of 18,780
I tried several times the 2.0.0 update and it never works. Now I don't have to press the update button in GoFigure, the P led is already cycling.

When I listen to instructions in the headphones, The Poly's voice says the is a software update, to eject the cd card and reboot, ant that the update will take 10 minutes.

How to reboot ? I tried everything but the download never happened.

I'm sorry Chord but your updating procedure is crap.

Apr 8, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #12,578 of 18,780
Strangely enough, putting in the SD card as one suggested, worked. Try it on powering up?

Thank you very much for the SD card advice : it worked and it was fast to download (1 or 2 minutes). After that the poly rebooted twice by himself like it was announced by the voice in headphones and I can see the Poly in GoFigure.

That's a very strange behavior.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #12,580 of 18,780
Well, following the cryptic comments here I've managed to update to 2.0 - but it was a strange process.
Didn't want to risk damaging 400GB SD library, formatted a spare 64GB card to exFAT and copied across dlna-sdfree.dat and mpd.db, just in case.
Power cycled Poly and booted with the new card *inserted*.
Left it to LED colour cycle for 10 mins.
Ejected the card without powering down.
LED immediately switched to solid Yellow.
Powered down - solid Yellow stayed on for quite some time, more than usual - eventually turned off.
Powered up - GoFigure finds Poly and indicates v2.0
What a f*ing palaver!!!
NB - this worked for me but goes against Chord's explicit instructions for updating so ymmv.

Apr 8, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #12,581 of 18,780
Well, following the cryptic comments here I've managed to update to 2.0 - but it was a strange process.
Didn't want to risk damaging 400GB SD library, formatted a spare 64GB card to exFAT and copied across dlna-sdfree.dat and mpd.db, just in case.
Powered down - solid Yellow stayed on for quite some time, more than usual - eventually turned off.
What a f*ing palaver!!!
NB - this worked for me but goes against Chord's explicit instructions for updating so ymmv.
I did almost the exact same processand it finally worked kicking it into V2.0. Glad I didnt have to do the blood sacrafice I was planning on...

Apr 8, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #12,582 of 18,780
Well, 18 months later and I think I can say that this looks to be a decent upgrade. From the perspective of reliability and user experience, ok the update wasn't a great experience, they never are, but it seems a much more solid update, the trick is, and I haven't tried this outside yet but, will I get hi res streaming via my 4g phone connection.

Hires streaming from qobuz to poly is my goal for outside, ( without cables ) for those that continued to play with poly, is it likely that I'm going to get Hires streaming from an iphone or will airplay neuter it when mobile ?

Apr 8, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #12,583 of 18,780
What a f*ing palaver!!!

Giving this a go then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back