Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 6, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #12,151 of 18,757
Oh well, i know i said that i don't wanna post here again... But now I really need some advice.

Does anyone is familiar with that situation, as seen in that pictures below, and know a solution?

I've charged up Mojo-Poly with a standard 5v 2A charger... Then barely a few minutes after charging I noticed that the poly-charging light on the poly is still on and glowing white. Now one complete day has passed, unchanged. I can´t use mojo-poly anymore, nothing is working.

Only Chord Mojo is working with my hidizs ap60 dap as a transport as usual. Man, that is bad.

Let it run completely down, then recharge overnight or at least 10 hours. Then retry and you should have success. @Matt Bartlett has said this issue will be fixed in the next firmware update.

Mar 7, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #12,154 of 18,757
Not sure what OS you’re on but on my mac I grab the iTunes purchased files (local non purchased files are DRM encoded and won’t play outside iTunes) from my iTunes music folder and drag them onto the SD card Which is inserted with a reader on my Mac.

After reinserting the SD card the Poly I use Cantate app (Mac OS based MPD player) to read the Poly’s card’s content and create a playlist which is written on the SD card.

With the GoFigure app on iPhone I can access the playlist and play it using the Quickplay function.

My poly is in airplane / Bluetooth mode, GoFigure connects to the Poly via Bluetooth Low Energy.
Music files (FLAC and DSD and some iTunes purchased files in my case) on SD card are playing via MPD protocol.

Think I've found the problem. One should create a "Poly Albums" in iTunes as flag for Dapper to create playlists per album. Although I reinstalled Dapper and did not retry if this was ndeed the problem, I think Dapper crashes when the playlist "Poly Albums" is empty. I was under the assumption that having this playlist "Poly Albums", even if empty, was sufficient for Dapper.

Mar 7, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #12,156 of 18,757
Has anyone had any experience on listening to 64 Audio Fourte IEMs (stock cable) with Mojo-Poly?
Any feedback is appreciated!
Thanks

Mar 7, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #12,157 of 18,757
Has anyone had any experience on listening to 64 Audio Fourte IEMs (stock cable) with Mojo-Poly?
Thanks
Cant say I have, but you are likely to get more and better responses from the mojo thread since many more people have the mojo than have the poly, and if you are interested in sound, the mojo is whats going to be driving them anyways. The only difference is that you might have better results with the poly in terms of eliminating rfi that you could otherwise get fairly easily on the mojo (especially when using your phone) though personally, I experience plenty of wifi interference with the poly anyways.

Mar 8, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #12,158 of 18,757
Thanks
They pair wonderfully IMHO. From my collection I find the Senn IE800 the best pairing with Mojo.

Mar 8, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #12,159 of 18,757
Still waiting for the firmware upgrade, meanwhile I am using Volumio with Mojo, not portable, but works in my office, if Volumio could run on the Poly, it would be a nice portable solution, better than the actual Poly software

Mar 8, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #12,160 of 18,757
Hey all,
@Matt Bartlett

I have a few people using Dapper to make playlists for Poly, and they are no longer seeming to work as they did before:
Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 4.03.01 PM.png

Mar 8, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #12,163 of 18,757
PS: Looks like you poor folks are still struggling. Is this thing working outside of Roon mode?

I don't use roon mode, but yes my poly still works. Though it is decidedly not nearly as convenient as it was made out to be. However I had a period where the dlna renderer (specifically the renderer) just died over and over again that sometimes not even restarting it would fix. I have connectivity issues when not on a dedicated wifi network (using my phone as a hotspot). Using the poly as a hotspot with an android phone is even less convenient since it essentially means shutting off connectivity on my phone. The battery still drains noticeably even when powered off (this is obviously a design issue). And with my CA atlas (and some other IEMs) I get noticeable and audible wifi interference from the poly. Its not the same RFI interference the mojo could pick up, but still just as annoying. DLNA still doesnt do gapless, and MPD still doesnt index mp3s. Still waiting on whether we are going to get google casting... not coming in this next update whenever that drops either.

I am waiting to hear what this latest firmware might offer and if there is anything in there that will improve the situation for me personally, but chord has been slightly less than communicative. I also recently picked up a fiio m9 that to my relatively unsophisticated ear sounds decent enough compared to the mojo (not quite there, but close enough) and it functions perfectly as a transport to the mojo with no audible interference whether using bluetooth or wifi as far as I can tell. While the form factor isnt quite as nice and the promised convenience isnt quite as good, it works, and thats much more convenient. Im holding on, but likely not for much longer.

Still firmly of the belief that the poly was and is an unfinished product and is still not quite at a point where it should have been released. The hardware seems mostly good enough, though something as simple as a switch to turn it on and off would have solved the battery draining issue, and some better shielding to prevent the audible wifi interference seems necessary for a dap that combined with the mojo is easily over $1k. But for all of that, the software just still doesnt seem like its where it should have been when it released, which at this point is like 16 months ago.

So to sum up. Yes it works, with some significant caveats.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #12,164 of 18,757
PS: Looks like you poor folks are still struggling. Is this thing working outside of Roon mode?

For me it works works 99% of the time every time. :) And I usually use it around 5–7 hours a day. So I am happy overall.
Just like @mashuto I also wish the Mojo would be shielded better against the Wi-Fi interference coming from the Poly. I still hate the noise through my IEMs.
I am also looking forward to the new firmware to get rid of the fear of Poly getting stuck.

Mar 8, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #12,165 of 18,757
I have a few people using Dapper to make playlists for Poly, and they are no longer seeming to work as they did before:

The playlists that Dapper creates for me work fine with Glider. However, QuickPlay seem to ignore some of the tracks when I start a playlist; it only plays some of the tracks. So I only use Glider which is a much nicer experince anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back