1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812
814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823
Next

Last
  1. vkvedam
    Peter Hyatt likes this.
  2. rwelles
    Yes, best wishes to @Matt Bartlett !!

Excited to hear about the update; hoping it addresses issues when switching WiFi access points. :smile_phones:

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  3. stancorrected
    It can be frustratingly long to the point where I end up tapping again thinking I haven't pressed play properly (I use Tidal) but I have in reality initiated pause/stop again. I'm not overly impressed with DLNA and using third party apps like Bubble. When having connection/ latency issues, they just add another layer of complexity. In addition they can't be used unless the source has been integrated (like Tidal). Switching between streaming Tidal (DLNA) and a non integrated source like BBC radio (currently Bluetooth only for the MojoPoly) and back again is a pain. That's why I'm so disappointed that Chord have still to deliver on their stated intention to support Google Cast. Cast is Android's answer to Airplay and implemented properly, I believe it would solve quite a few problems, at least for me, with connectivity, latency and flexibility of use.

4. Gr8h8m
    Thanks for that @Matt Bartlett and wishing you and yours all the best.

5. hammerh34d
    Ooooh, an update!
    Looks quite promising. Maybe after another update Poly will reach the stage at which it should have been released. Years after it was.
    In the meantimethat's the setup that sometimes works for me includes mobile hotspot, mojopoly and ipad. It's hardly mobile, rather "movable". But can play 5 to 6 songs (with gaps) before I need to restart it. upload_2019-3-12_22-26-20.png

6. Matt Bartlett
    Have you had any support from your dealer or contacted our support to see if we can help?

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
  7. MaxD
    Curiosity is killing me, Why are people having issues. Apart from well known bugs which are due to be fixed it works really well.
    I have been using the Mojo Poly for a couple of months. I have had zero issues. It just works, every day on my commute and while I am working. 4 - 9 hours of daily listening.

I am just curious, no flame intended, just want to know. Do we have a list of suspected issues anywhere to help the guys at Chord help us ? Have the issues people are having be articulated clearly?

agrosash and zenlisten like this.
  8. hammerh34d
    Dear Matt,
    I can see no purpose whatsoever to contact either Chord or the dealer.
    The problem is quite clearly related to the way I use Poły (streaming from TIDAL mostly, and no roon on my side, no way) and most likely power management issues both in android and ios. And Chord can wash their hands, as they do not provide the software. Quite convenient in fact.
    That being said, I really do hope Poły will work for me one day. I have already accepted the fact that I freezed my money and I can wait. But I will complain, because this is ridiculous and this thread needs some objective feedback.

9. Matt Bartlett
    Of course this is an open forum and you have the right to complain.
    However if you won't accept help then I don't see how you can consider this
    to be objective feedback.
    The offer of support is here if and when you want it.

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
  10. miketlse
    A very diplomatic reply, given your present circumstances. :)

Gr8h8m, agrosash and Peter Hyatt like this.
  11. hammerh34d
    Well, a very diplomatic reply indeed. And I really do think it takes a lot of patience and good will to deal with someone who refuses to cheer, so I am in fact really impressed. Point for Chord and point for you Matt.
    As I know there’s a group of people here not quite happy with what they got, and some share experience similar to mine, I will describe my current situation in this thread when I’m back home. And thanks a lot.

agrosash and Peter Hyatt like this.
  12. Peter Hyatt
    Never forget...the poster who became unhinged in his anti-poly posts.

He incessantly complained in emotionally charged postings.

*it was reveled that he did not own poly.

Had never owned poly.

Had never borrowed poly.

Had never demo'd poly.

In fact, it is safe to say:

He had never been properly introduced to her.

:smile_phones:

13. ZappaMan
    Poly munchausen symptom

Anyhow, looking forward to the rewrite as I’m bit miffed about the interaction between poly/iPhone via qobuz where the music speeds up every so often... it’s annoying ... apart from that .... and that go figure playlists are buggy to render, I’m happy enough.

And battery life, I forgot that, I have mojo battery psychosis...

14. Mojo ideas
    He might have Polypsychosis or may he be just a Polysceptic

carapau, rwelles and Peter Hyatt like this.
  15. Infestedfred
    I’m actually thinking to purchase AK SP1000M to stream tidal offline since SP1000M allowed tidal offline feature.
    I owned a Poly but the streaming experience from my iPhone to Poly has been very disappointing. iPhone hotspot will cut off after listening to 2 to 3 tracks.
    Anyone own a AK SP1000 here?
    Is the sound quality of AK is better than MojoPoly?
    Hope someone can share their experiences here.

First

Back
803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812
814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823
Next

Last