Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 11, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #12,181 of 18,669
Apologies I have not been on here for a couple of weeks now. I've had a family emergency that has needed my time and is still ongoing.

To update you the new firmware has an issue we are working on now but without promising anything this should be fixed this week.
The updates to Gofigure for Android and iOS have been completed and these are now in test. Part of the delay has been due
to some changes in the published phone BLE GATT services meaning we have had to modify our code to compensate for this.

Here are some of the things we have been working on:-
-The biggest part of the update but the least exciting is the complete re-write of the WiFi/Bluetooth embedded firmware. This improves
overall performance.
-Roon certification and testing is now complete and Poly appears as a Roon ready endpoint.
-mp3 indexing is now fixed.
-DSD over DLNA
-Firmware updating via Gofigure
-Streaming service support via DLNA

This is just a snapshot of the new features. An official list of updates will be sent out nearer the time.
I know you will have questions and I will answer what I can, when I can, given my own circumstances at the moment.

Thanks,

Matt
@Matt Bartlett sorry to hear about your emergency. I hope that everything works out OK for you in the end.
That is an impressive list of improvements to the code - Poly is starting to tempt me.

Mar 12, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #12,184 of 18,669
For people that are using Bubble upnp with Tidal/Qobuz and the Poly, How's the response time? If you press play on a track/album/playlist, how many seconds pass before playback actually starts?

It can be frustratingly long to the point where I end up tapping again thinking I haven't pressed play properly (I use Tidal) but I have in reality initiated pause/stop again. I'm not overly impressed with DLNA and using third party apps like Bubble. When having connection/ latency issues, they just add another layer of complexity. In addition they can't be used unless the source has been integrated (like Tidal). Switching between streaming Tidal (DLNA) and a non integrated source like BBC radio (currently Bluetooth only for the MojoPoly) and back again is a pain. That's why I'm so disappointed that Chord have still to deliver on their stated intention to support Google Cast. Cast is Android's answer to Airplay and implemented properly, I believe it would solve quite a few problems, at least for me, with connectivity, latency and flexibility of use.

Mar 12, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #12,185 of 18,669
Apologies I have not been on here for a couple of weeks now. I've had a family emergency that has needed my time and is still ongoing.

To update you the new firmware has an issue we are working on now but without promising anything this should be fixed this week.
The updates to Gofigure for Android and iOS have been completed and these are now in test. Part of the delay has been due
to some changes in the published phone BLE GATT services meaning we have had to modify our code to compensate for this.

Here are some of the things we have been working on:-
-The biggest part of the update but the least exciting is the complete re-write of the WiFi/Bluetooth embedded firmware. This improves
overall performance.
-Roon certification and testing is now complete and Poly appears as a Roon ready endpoint.
-mp3 indexing is now fixed.
-DSD over DLNA
-Firmware updating via Gofigure
-Streaming service support via DLNA

This is just a snapshot of the new features. An official list of updates will be sent out nearer the time.
I know you will have questions and I will answer what I can, when I can, given my own circumstances at the moment.

Thanks,

Matt
Thanks for that @Matt Bartlett and wishing you and yours all the best.

Mar 12, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #12,186 of 18,669
Ooooh, an update!
Looks quite promising. Maybe after another update Poly will reach the stage at which it should have been released. Years after it was.
In the meantimethat's the setup that sometimes works for me includes mobile hotspot, mojopoly and ipad. It's hardly mobile, rather "movable". But can play 5 to 6 songs (with gaps) before I need to restart it.
upload_2019-3-12_22-26-20.png

Mar 13, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #12,187 of 18,669
Ooooh, an update!
Looks quite promising. Maybe after another update Poly will reach the stage at which it should have been released. Years after it was.
In the meantimethat's the setup that sometimes works for me includes mobile hotspot, mojopoly and ipad. It's hardly mobile, rather "movable". But can play 5 to 6 songs (with gaps) before I need to restart it.

Have you had any support from your dealer or contacted our support to see if we can help?

Mar 13, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #12,188 of 18,669
Curiosity is killing me, Why are people having issues. Apart from well known bugs which are due to be fixed it works really well.
I have been using the Mojo Poly for a couple of months. I have had zero issues. It just works, every day on my commute and while I am working. 4 - 9 hours of daily listening.

I am just curious, no flame intended, just want to know. Do we have a list of suspected issues anywhere to help the guys at Chord help us ? Have the issues people are having be articulated clearly?

Mar 13, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #12,189 of 18,669
Have you had any support from your dealer or contacted our support to see if we can help?

Dear Matt,
I can see no purpose whatsoever to contact either Chord or the dealer.
The problem is quite clearly related to the way I use Poły (streaming from TIDAL mostly, and no roon on my side, no way) and most likely power management issues both in android and ios. And Chord can wash their hands, as they do not provide the software. Quite convenient in fact.
That being said, I really do hope Poły will work for me one day. I have already accepted the fact that I freezed my money and I can wait. But I will complain, because this is ridiculous and this thread needs some objective feedback.

Mar 13, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #12,190 of 18,669
Dear Matt,
I can see no purpose whatsoever to contact either Chord or the dealer.
The problem is quite clearly related to the way I use Poły (streaming from TIDAL mostly, and no roon on my side, no way) and most likely power management issues both in android and ios. And Chord can wash their hands, as they do not provide the software. Quite convenient in fact.
That being said, I really do hope Poły will work for me one day. I have already accepted the fact that I freezed my money and I can wait. But I will complain, because this is ridiculous and this thread needs some objective feedback.

Of course this is an open forum and you have the right to complain.
However if you won't accept help then I don't see how you can consider this
to be objective feedback.
The offer of support is here if and when you want it.

Mar 13, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #12,192 of 18,669
Well, a very diplomatic reply indeed. And I really do think it takes a lot of patience and good will to deal with someone who refuses to cheer, so I am in fact really impressed. Point for Chord and point for you Matt.
As I know there’s a group of people here not quite happy with what they got, and some share experience similar to mine, I will describe my current situation in this thread when I’m back home. And thanks a lot.

Mar 13, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #12,193 of 18,669
Never forget...the poster who became unhinged in his anti-poly posts.

He incessantly complained in emotionally charged postings.

*it was reveled that he did not own poly.

Had never owned poly.

Had never borrowed poly.

Had never demo'd poly.

In fact, it is safe to say:

He had never been properly introduced to her.

:smile_phones:

Mar 13, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #12,194 of 18,669
Poly munchausen symptom

Anyhow, looking forward to the rewrite as I’m bit miffed about the interaction between poly/iPhone via qobuz where the music speeds up every so often... it’s annoying ... apart from that .... and that go figure playlists are buggy to render, I’m happy enough.

And battery life, I forgot that, I have mojo battery psychosis...

Mar 13, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #12,195 of 18,669
Never forget...the poster who became unhinged in his anti-poly posts.

He incessantly complained in emotionally charged postings.

*it was reveled that he did not own poly.

Had never owned poly.

Had never borrowed poly.

Had never demo'd poly.

In fact, it is safe to say:

He had never been properly introduced to her.

:smile_phones:
He might have Polypsychosis or may he be just a Polysceptic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back