Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 13, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #12,196 of 18,788
I’m actually thinking to purchase AK SP1000M to stream tidal offline since SP1000M allowed tidal offline feature.
I owned a Poly but the streaming experience from my iPhone to Poly has been very disappointing. iPhone hotspot will cut off after listening to 2 to 3 tracks.
Anyone own a AK SP1000 here?
Is the sound quality of AK is better than MojoPoly?
Hope someone can share their experiences here.

Mar 13, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #12,198 of 18,788
I just tried airplay from my android, I can reliable reproduce the speedup issue. It seems to be an issue with airplay or the Poly implementation of it. If you add a delay of say 5 seconds it doesn't happen. I don't personally use Airplay (IMHO not apples best effort :)).

On another note: I do have the AK70MkII and the sound is not up to the Mojo. I did interview the SP1000M next to the AK70 and the difference was not worth the upgrade to me. So there might not be much in it. My measuring stick is detail and speed to avoid loss of detail by over extended base.

Mar 13, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #12,199 of 18,788
I’m actually thinking to purchase AK SP1000M to stream tidal offline since SP1000M allowed tidal offline feature.
I owned a Poly but the streaming experience from my iPhone to Poly has been very disappointing. iPhone hotspot will cut off after listening to 2 to 3 tracks.
Anyone own a AK SP1000 here?
Is the sound quality of AK is better than MojoPoly?
Hope someone can share their experiences here.
I have both Sp1000SS and Mojo/Poly. I usually pair the SP1000 with Tia Forte and Mojo/Poly with Senn IE800. They both sound wonderful but there is a different signature. The SP1000 is more analytical but musical while the Mojo is darker with body. My streaming experience with Mojo/Poly has been with iPhone as hotspot using Mconnect and Tidal. This has been very satisfactory as long as the LTE signal is good. My streaming with the SP1000 has been with the Tidal app and Wifi. My experience has been the SP1000 wifi requires a strong signal. There have been several posts in this regard. Once the AK has roon it will be hard not to make it my goto as it would not require the phone unless I still needed the hotspot due to no wifi.

Mar 13, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #12,200 of 18,788
OOOOOHHHHHHHH An update is coming?!?!

How exciting. I haven't paid attention so not sure if my version is the latest. it's 1.0.26. Seems to be. Can't wait (^_^)

Would be great if this upcoming update could be done from GoFigure, though I would be okay with doing it the previous way too, cumbersome as that was.
Just the idea of an update is getting me pumped.

---

On another note, I'm sure it has been discussed here ad nauseum, but I have been both googling and searching this forum and am having trouble finding a repair shop in the US for out of warranty Chord products.
I had purchased the Mojo while in Japan years ago, but live in California, so can't go through the original dealer (e-earphone) in Tokyo.
And the Chord website for repair seems to only accept RMAs from dealers

Willing to pay for repair, but

- one of the 3.5mm ports on the Mojo is completely loose and jiggling and of course, not working,
- and the Poly's m-status light doesn't work.

Neither issue stops me from using the device, but would be interested in getting them repaired if possible.

Would you have a suggestion @Matt Bartlett

Or does anyone know if there Is an out-of-warranty method for repair in the US?

Mar 13, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #12,201 of 18,788
OOOOOHHHHHHHH An update is coming?!?!

How exciting. I haven't paid attention so not sure if my version is the latest. it's 1.0.26. Seems to be. Can't wait (^_^)

Would be great if this upcoming update could be done from GoFigure, though I would be okay with doing it the previous way too, cumbersome as that was.
Just the idea of an update is getting me pumped.

---

On another note, I'm sure it has been discussed here ad nauseum, but I have been both googling and searching this forum and am having trouble finding a repair shop in the US for out of warranty Chord products.
I had purchased the Mojo while in Japan years ago, but live in California, so can't go through the original dealer (e-earphone) in Tokyo.
And the Chord website for repair seems to only accept RMAs from dealers

Willing to pay for repair, but

- one of the 3.5mm ports on the Mojo is completely loose and jiggling and of course, not working,
- and the Poly's m-status light doesn't work.

Neither issue stops me from using the device, but would be interested in getting them repaired if possible.

Would you have a suggestion @Matt Bartlett

Or does anyone know if there Is an out-of-warranty method for repair in the US?

1.0.26 is the current version of firmware so you are all good to go. The next update will not work through Gofigure but subsequent updates will.

As for out of warranty repairs please contact https://www.georgemeyer-av.com/ they are the closest Chord repair centre to you.

Mar 13, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #12,202 of 18,788
1.0.26 is the current version of firmware so you are all good to go. The next update will not work through Gofigure but subsequent updates will.

As for out of warranty repairs please contact https://www.georgemeyer-av.com/ they are the closest Chord repair centre to you.

Thanks Matt! Will do. Finally! I have a way to get these devices repaired.

I just read your previous comments in detail. I too have had two family emergencies in the past couple of months, and while they are ongoing, things are getting better. I'm hoping your situation is improving as well.

Mar 13, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #12,203 of 18,788
I just tried airplay from my android, I can reliable reproduce the speedup issue. It seems to be an issue with airplay or the Poly implementation of it. If you add a delay of say 5 seconds it doesn't happen. I don't personally use Airplay (IMHO not apples best effort :)).

On another note: I do have the AK70MkII and the sound is not up to the Mojo. I did interview the SP1000M next to the AK70 and the difference was not worth the upgrade to me. So there might not be much in it. My measuring stick is detail and speed to avoid loss of detail by over extended base.
How do I add a delay ?

Mar 13, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #12,206 of 18,788
Unfortunately, it is complex in Android to add the delay: You have to first root your phone, then install Air Audio ten select airplay and set the delay to 5 seconds. Im afraid I don't have an Apple device.

Mar 13, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #12,207 of 18,788
Mar 13, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #12,210 of 18,788
For the first time my Poly has become stuck in On mode. Am I correct in thinking that I just have to let the Poly discharge? Pain in the bum, but I hear there’s a potent fix in the works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back