1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813
815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824
Next

Last
  1. Peter Hyatt
    Polyphobia is less painful than polydigitilitus

ZappaMan likes this.
  2. MaxD
    I just tried airplay from my android, I can reliable reproduce the speedup issue. It seems to be an issue with airplay or the Poly implementation of it. If you add a delay of say 5 seconds it doesn't happen. I don't personally use Airplay (IMHO not apples best effort :)).

On another note: I do have the AK70MkII and the sound is not up to the Mojo. I did interview the SP1000M next to the AK70 and the difference was not worth the upgrade to me. So there might not be much in it. My measuring stick is detail and speed to avoid loss of detail by over extended base.

ZappaMan and Peter Hyatt like this.
  3. Progisus
    I have both Sp1000SS and Mojo/Poly. I usually pair the SP1000 with Tia Forte and Mojo/Poly with Senn IE800. They both sound wonderful but there is a different signature. The SP1000 is more analytical but musical while the Mojo is darker with body. My streaming experience with Mojo/Poly has been with iPhone as hotspot using Mconnect and Tidal. This has been very satisfactory as long as the LTE signal is good. My streaming with the SP1000 has been with the Tidal app and Wifi. My experience has been the SP1000 wifi requires a strong signal. There have been several posts in this regard. Once the AK has roon it will be hard not to make it my goto as it would not require the phone unless I still needed the hotspot due to no wifi.

4. tekkster
    OOOOOHHHHHHHH An update is coming?!?!

How exciting. I haven't paid attention so not sure if my version is the latest. it's 1.0.26. Seems to be. Can't wait (^_^)

Would be great if this upcoming update could be done from GoFigure, though I would be okay with doing it the previous way too, cumbersome as that was.
    Just the idea of an update is getting me pumped.

---

On another note, I'm sure it has been discussed here ad nauseum, but I have been both googling and searching this forum and am having trouble finding a repair shop in the US for out of warranty Chord products.
    I had purchased the Mojo while in Japan years ago, but live in California, so can't go through the original dealer (e-earphone) in Tokyo.
    And the Chord website for repair seems to only accept RMAs from dealers

Willing to pay for repair, but

- one of the 3.5mm ports on the Mojo is completely loose and jiggling and of course, not working,
    - and the Poly's m-status light doesn't work.

Neither issue stops me from using the device, but would be interested in getting them repaired if possible.

Would you have a suggestion @Matt Bartlett

Or does anyone know if there Is an out-of-warranty method for repair in the US?

5. Matt Bartlett
    1.0.26 is the current version of firmware so you are all good to go. The next update will not work through Gofigure but subsequent updates will.

As for out of warranty repairs please contact https://www.georgemeyer-av.com/ they are the closest Chord repair centre to you.

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
    Peter Hyatt likes this.
  6. tekkster
    Thanks Matt! Will do. Finally! I have a way to get these devices repaired.

I just read your previous comments in detail. I too have had two family emergencies in the past couple of months, and while they are ongoing, things are getting better. I'm hoping your situation is improving as well.

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  7. ZappaMan
    How do I add a delay ?

8. paulgc
    I have 2GoEnvy :) and need a cure.

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  9. Mojo ideas
    That special treatment is still in the lab but it’s looking good so far on our own lab monkeys

10. MaxD
    Unfortunately, it is complex in Android to add the delay: You have to first root your phone, then install Air Audio ten select airplay and set the delay to 5 seconds. Im afraid I don't have an Apple device.

ZappaMan likes this.
  11. Signal2Noise
    And all not as fun as polygamy.

12. paulgc
    Really good to hear. A cure with a patient demand.

514077 and Peter Hyatt like this.
  13. PrittiPoly
    Or Polymorphous Perverse?

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  14. Azirius
    For the first time my Poly has become stuck in On mode. Am I correct in thinking that I just have to let the Poly discharge? Pain in the bum, but I hear there’s a potent fix in the works.

15. miketlse
    But any poster can come here and receive 'care in the community', and soon feel in better spirits. :slight_smile:

Peter Hyatt likes this.
First

Back
804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813
815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824
Next

Last