1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811
813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822
Next

Last
  1. conradnash
    I gave up and sold my mojo and poly. My primary use was to stream Spotify and podcasts on the go and to stream from JRiver using DLNA when at home, no SD card usage.

I don't know if it's the mojopoly or whether it's airplay, but it doesn't play well with a mesh network at home. Moving around the house would cause dropouts with the mojopoly and the phone in separate hands. I presume this is one or other device switching access points.

On the go the poly would glitch and drop out all the time, either on the train or when walking across London. Every 20 minutes or so it'd either glitch or disconnect. I suspect this is related to Poly or the iPhone scanning for networks. Bear in mind that I can see upwards of 30 wifi networks at any time as I move around. When it disconnected sometimes it would require a reboot of the mojopoly and the phone to get everything back and connected. I could be 10 minutes into a 30 minute walk before I got music going. Overall a very frustrating experience.

I was holding out for the updated firmware, hopefully with Airplay 2. But with the constant delays and no release date in sight, nor a feature list (which should be very do-able if it's in "final testing") I couldn't wait anymore with what was, effectively, a £600 paperweight.

You can make a case that my use case isn't the intended use case, and maybe that's right, but from the posts here I'm not alone.

If the new firmware comes out and people are delighted and all the issues go away then I might look at replacing it, but for now I'm happy it's gone and that I didn't lose too much on the sale.

rodee13, Peter Hyatt, ag18 and 2 others like this.
  2. sergeywin1
    MojoPoly and Tia Fourte pair insanely well. Got my hands on a used pair for a decent price.
    And it is simply Heaven.
    So much visceral power and stage precision. Satisfied Poly user here.

(Although firmware update wouldn’t hurt)

zenlisten and Progisus like this.
  3. akburt
    you only have to enter a year,pls

rodee13 likes this.
  4. paul.tonnenberg
    Does Chord recommend to use mojo-poly in the basic leather case while listening to music for about 1 to 2 hours?

5. MaxD
    Don't know if it helps but I listen for 6-9 hours with my Poly + Mojo in a composite case with no problem.

OK-Guy likes this.
  6. ThomasHK
    For people that are using Bubble upnp with Tidal/Qobuz and the Poly, How's the response time? If you press play on a track/album/playlist, how many seconds pass before playback actually starts?

7. Matt Bartlett
    Apologies I have not been on here for a couple of weeks now. I've had a family emergency that has needed my time and is still ongoing.

To update you the new firmware has an issue we are working on now but without promising anything this should be fixed this week.
    The updates to Gofigure for Android and iOS have been completed and these are now in test. Part of the delay has been due
    to some changes in the published phone BLE GATT services meaning we have had to modify our code to compensate for this.

Here are some of the things we have been working on:-
    -The biggest part of the update but the least exciting is the complete re-write of the WiFi/Bluetooth embedded firmware. This improves
    overall performance.
    -Roon certification and testing is now complete and Poly appears as a Roon ready endpoint.
    -mp3 indexing is now fixed.
    -DSD over DLNA
    -Firmware updating via Gofigure
    -Streaming service support via DLNA

This is just a snapshot of the new features. An official list of updates will be sent out nearer the time.
    I know you will have questions and I will answer what I can, when I can, given my own circumstances at the moment.

Thanks,

Matt

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
    muski, agrosash, tonyl59 and 21 others like this.
  8. smaragd
    Thanks @Matt Bartlett for the update and sending positive vibes to deal with the emergency.

zenlisten and OK-Guy like this.
  9. ZappaMan
    Positive waves from here

supervisor and OK-Guy like this.
  10. fordski
    Matt Best wishes to you and your family....

OK-Guy likes this.
  11. Signal2Noise
    Since overall performance is supposedly improved then I'd say this is most exciting. :wink:

OK-Guy likes this.
  12. mashuto
    @Matt Bartlett Sorry to hear about your family emergency, hope everything is well. And I agree with @Signal2Noise that a rewrite of the wifi/bluetooth module that increases performance sounds like a very exciting thing to me, even if its not a visible added feature. I am still holding on to my poly and am excited to try the new update out and see if it gets it to where I would hope it would be. Either way, as frustrated as I might have been in the past, the news is very appreciated, so thank you for getting that to us and at least giving us an indication of its progress. Definitely will be looking forward to giving it a try when its ready.

13. miketlse
    Most of the heat will be generated by the Mojo, so I expect the same best practice will apply.
    Basically Mojo will generate the most heat, if you listen whilst also charging the battery from a fairly empty status.
    Mojo will generate the least heat, if you listen using battery alone.
    Mojo will generate slightly more heat, if you listen whilst also trickle charging the battery from a full status.

zenlisten and paul.tonnenberg like this.
  14. t1tan1um
    Thank you very much for your response and support. I've contacted the retailer [AVstore] and they replaced it straight away. They had several new ones [Mojo & Poly Hard Case] in stock but one of them had that piece of plastic already broken from the factory and exibited the same issue as mine (there was a considerable gap and the case didn't close properly). Maybe there was a batch of faulty cases? Ofc they provided one without any issues and i'm happy to report that everything is ok now. Sorry i had to post here but i wasn't sure if someone from the support team would reply to me.

miketlse likes this.
  15. miketlse
    @Matt Bartlett sorry to hear about your emergency. I hope that everything works out OK for you in the end.
    That is an impressive list of improvements to the code - Poly is starting to tempt me.

Peter Hyatt likes this.
First

Back
802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811
813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822
Next

Last