1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810
812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821
Next

Last
  1. hnaeht
    The question is when will the next firmware update be released and what's in there?

muski likes this.
  2. rodee13
    a definitive release date would have been good to know, 1st of April maybe ?

3. gedp
    Think I've found the problem. One should create a "Poly Albums" in iTunes as flag for Dapper to create playlists per album. Although I reinstalled Dapper and did not retry if this was ndeed the problem, I think Dapper crashes when the playlist "Poly Albums" is empty. I was under the assumption that having this playlist "Poly Albums", even if empty, was sufficient for Dapper.

4. paul.tonnenberg
    That helped, now everything works again. :ksc75smile:

Peter Hyatt, ZappaMan and zenlisten like this.
  5. sergeywin1
    Has anyone had any experience on listening to 64 Audio Fourte IEMs (stock cable) with Mojo-Poly?
    Any feedback is appreciated!
    Thanks

6. mashuto
    Cant say I have, but you are likely to get more and better responses from the mojo thread since many more people have the mojo than have the poly, and if you are interested in sound, the mojo is whats going to be driving them anyways. The only difference is that you might have better results with the poly in terms of eliminating rfi that you could otherwise get fairly easily on the mojo (especially when using your phone) though personally, I experience plenty of wifi interference with the poly anyways.

sergeywin1 likes this.
  7. Progisus
    They pair wonderfully IMHO. From my collection I find the Senn IE800 the best pairing with Mojo.

sergeywin1 and Peter Hyatt like this.
  8. ce3eoa
    Still waiting for the firmware upgrade, meanwhile I am using Volumio with Mojo, not portable, but works in my office, if Volumio could run on the Poly, it would be a nice portable solution, better than the actual Poly software

rodee13 and ZappaMan like this.
  9. JeremyLaurenson
    Hey all,
    @Matt Bartlett

I have a few people using Dapper to make playlists for Poly, and they are no longer seeming to work as they did before:
    Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 4.03.01 PM.png

10. JeremyLaurenson
    PS: Looks like you poor folks are still struggling. Is this thing working outside of Roon mode?

11. ZappaMan
    we have a high tolerance :) we are the true believers !

DavidW, Peter Hyatt and sergeywin1 like this.
  12. mashuto
    I don't use roon mode, but yes my poly still works. Though it is decidedly not nearly as convenient as it was made out to be. However I had a period where the dlna renderer (specifically the renderer) just died over and over again that sometimes not even restarting it would fix. I have connectivity issues when not on a dedicated wifi network (using my phone as a hotspot). Using the poly as a hotspot with an android phone is even less convenient since it essentially means shutting off connectivity on my phone. The battery still drains noticeably even when powered off (this is obviously a design issue). And with my CA atlas (and some other IEMs) I get noticeable and audible wifi interference from the poly. Its not the same RFI interference the mojo could pick up, but still just as annoying. DLNA still doesnt do gapless, and MPD still doesnt index mp3s. Still waiting on whether we are going to get google casting... not coming in this next update whenever that drops either.

I am waiting to hear what this latest firmware might offer and if there is anything in there that will improve the situation for me personally, but chord has been slightly less than communicative. I also recently picked up a fiio m9 that to my relatively unsophisticated ear sounds decent enough compared to the mojo (not quite there, but close enough) and it functions perfectly as a transport to the mojo with no audible interference whether using bluetooth or wifi as far as I can tell. While the form factor isnt quite as nice and the promised convenience isnt quite as good, it works, and thats much more convenient. Im holding on, but likely not for much longer.

Still firmly of the belief that the poly was and is an unfinished product and is still not quite at a point where it should have been released. The hardware seems mostly good enough, though something as simple as a switch to turn it on and off would have solved the battery draining issue, and some better shielding to prevent the audible wifi interference seems necessary for a dap that combined with the mojo is easily over $1k. But for all of that, the software just still doesnt seem like its where it should have been when it released, which at this point is like 16 months ago.

So to sum up. Yes it works, with some significant caveats.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    lcdman likes this.
  13. zenlisten
    For me it works works 99% of the time every time. :) And I usually use it around 5–7 hours a day. So I am happy overall.
    Just like @mashuto I also wish the Mojo would be shielded better against the Wi-Fi interference coming from the Poly. I still hate the noise through my IEMs.
    I am also looking forward to the new firmware to get rid of the fear of Poly getting stuck.

14. zenlisten
    The playlists that Dapper creates for me work fine with Glider. However, QuickPlay seem to ignore some of the tracks when I start a playlist; it only plays some of the tracks. So I only use Glider which is a much nicer experince anyway.

15. MaxD
    I haven't had a single issue with my Poly Mojo.
    Is it perhaps how we use it that makes a difference to reliability ?
    This is how I use my one:

Three networks configured,

• Poly Hot Spot, Configured this tested it and never used it
    • My mobile phone Hot Spot, I use this on the go all the time.
    • My home network, I guess this is obvious but I use it at home :).
    Then the software I use on my Phone (Android) is:

• BubbleUPnP, just in case but I never use it.
    • MPD remote, I use this all the time and have all three of my Poly server modes configured.
    • MPD control, Installed just to try it.
    • MPD Droid, Installed just to try.
    • M.A.L.P, just to try again.
    • Hify, to rout Spotify to the mojo.
    I also like that I can change the MPD client while music is playing. I guess I like to try stuff.
    Usage, At home, turn on Poly connect my phone to wifi open MPD and play stuff.
    On the go, start my Phone hotspot, turn on the Poly, Open MPD and play stuff, or open HiFy and Spotify and play stuff.
    Is this how everyone else is issuing it ?

First

Back
801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810
812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821
Next

Last