Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Sep 2, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #10,802 of 18,775
Good day everyone! I`ve got another problem. BubbleUPnP see dsd files on Poly card. When I start playing them, they would start and play but that would only last for about one second, then I hear the silence, but the progress bar goes on. Did anyone encountered that problem? How can one be solved? Thank you for your answers!

Sep 2, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #10,803 of 18,775
Good day everyone! I`ve got another problem. BubbleUPnP see dsd files on Poly card. When I start playing them, they would start and play but that would only last for about one second, then I hear the silence, but the progress bar goes on. Did anyone encountered that problem? How can one be solved? Thank you for your answers!
It look like the poly is disconnect at renderer. Close le poly and bubbleUpnP, open and try again. Be sure you poly and smartphone are on the same network.

Sep 2, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #10,805 of 18,775
But the thing is that FLAC files would play correctly.

I have never been able to get BubbleUPNP to play DSD files bit perfect on my SD card and suffer the same as yourself. When files do play these appear to be converted to 24/192
I use M.A.L.P to play contents on my card, this plays all my files without any problems and I use BubbleUPNP solely to play music from cloud services ie Tidal, Qubuz or from my NAS or home network etc.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #10,806 of 18,775

DSD files:
Android - use MALP
iOS - use Glider

Sep 3, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #10,807 of 18,775
Matt is back to the grind and he's hoping to be around later in the week, he was hoping for the more 'feedback' via the 'beta-test' forms so if anyone has not completed but was intending to do so, can you please complete the 'forms' and send them back, cheers for your assistance.

With regard to all updates re-Poly/Go-Figure... Matt has to check with both Tech & Software Teams to see what the 'state of play' is before he can give you any relevant information regarding updates, should be later/early this/next week but no promises.

That's all folks!... for now.

Sep 3, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #10,808 of 18,775
I love my Poly...BUT, if you will only use th SD card, I feel Poly will be overkill and a bit “fiddly” for that sole use case. For much cheaper you can get a transport with SD card reader, like the $99 Shanling m0 (Note, I haven’t used one, but many here have).
I would disagree completely. This is exactly the use Poly was built for. You can play hires and DSD files directly using a world class DAC/Amp combo (Mojo) that far outstrips other DAPs of twice the price you would pay. And can control all this using your iPhone (or Android once go figure is up to snuff). Streaming from Spotify or Tidal you never can hear these hours files.

Sep 3, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #10,809 of 18,775
I would disagree completely. This is exactly the use Poly was built for. You can play hires and DSD files directly using a world class DAC/Amp combo (Mojo) that far outstrips other DAPs of twice the price you would pay. And can control all this using your iPhone (or Android once go figure is up to snuff). Streaming from Spotify or Tidal you never can hear these hours files.
FYI Android has been a joy to use since day 1 (well, since the hardware power on issue was sorted anyway) for this use case, and I have used it daily since then.

Sep 3, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #10,810 of 18,775
+1. Poly mojo is an incredible DAC/AMP/source and a really good streamer. I only use it now to listen SD card with Glider and stream Qobuz with mconnect. I can use my SD card like with the best DAP and stream Qobuz like with the best smartphone. Since I have them, I have not listened the SP1000.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #10,811 of 18,775

I concur - like I said, I love my Poly/Mojo combo. It’s all I use. However, the OP stated they only wanted to use the SD card function of Poly. For that, I cannot say it’s the best value at $750 given the somewhat fiddly nature of Poly, compared to something like the Shanling m0 at $99 to use as a transport/SD card reader plugged into Mojo, of course.

Sep 3, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #10,812 of 18,775
I concur - like I said, I love my Poly/Mojo combo. It’s all I use. However, the OP stated they only wanted to use the SD card function of Poly. For that, I cannot say it’s the best value at $750 given the somewhat fiddly nature of Poly, compared to something like the Shanling m0 at $99 to use as a transport/SD card reader plugged into Mojo, of course.

Thank you all for the answers.

I believe I did not make myself understood correctly. Maybe because of my bad English, maybe it was not clear at all.

I would really like to use the Mojo + Poly combo in its fullness, mainly for:

1 - listen to music straight from Poly internal microSD card,

2 - listen to songs that are stored in the memory of my iPhone,

3 - listen to music from my iPhone by Spotfy.

In my first question I just mentioned the microSD card because in the face of so many problems I have read in this forum, I believed that it would be the only way to listen to music in which the already Poly is working 100%, without any problem.

But if the other ways to use Poly that I mentioned above are already working perfectly, better yet.

So reformulating the question.

Currently using iPhone, GoFigure and Glider, can I use Poly in the 3 ways mentioned above with no problems?

Sep 3, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #10,813 of 18,775
Thank you all for the answers.

I believe I did not make myself understood correctly. Maybe because of my bad English, maybe it was not clear at all.

I would really like to use the Mojo + Poly combo in its fullness, mainly for:

1 - listen to music straight from Poly internal microSD card,

2 - listen to songs that are stored in the memory of my iPhone,

3 - listen to music from my iPhone by Spotfy.

In my first question I just mentioned the microSD card because in the face of so many problems I have read in this forum, I believed that it would be the only way to listen to music in which the already Poly is working 100%, without any problem.

But if the other ways to use Poly that I mentioned above are already working perfectly, better yet.

So reformulating the question.

Currently using iPhone, GoFigure and Glider, can I use Poly in the 3 ways mentioned above with no problems?
yes for all. You can use airplay for Spotify, better than Bluetooth, airplay or mconnect for example for the songs stored on iPhone and glider for sd card.

Sep 3, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #10,814 of 18,775
yes for all. You can use airplay for Spotify, better than Bluetooth, airplay or mconnect for example for the songs stored on iPhone and glider for sd card.

Agreed. Also, Tidal streaming or stored on phone works, as does Roon (very nicely, too). Overall, with a little practice, Poly works at a 4.5 star out of 5 level, mostly because it sounds fantastic and has a lot of functionality. Instead of Gofigure, a few of switches (on/off, Roon/DLNA and bit perfect on/off) could have made it 5 star out of the gate and saved o lot of ink in this thread. But I respect the design decisions and attempt, which mostly succeeded and has created a great platform.

Sep 3, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #10,815 of 18,775
I have never been able to get BubbleUPNP to play DSD files bit perfect on my SD card and suffer the same as yourself. When files do play these appear to be converted to 24/192
I use M.A.L.P to play contents on my card, this plays all my files without any problems and I use BubbleUPNP solely to play music from cloud services ie Tidal, Qubuz or from my NAS or home network etc.
How should one use M.A.L.P.? Can you guide me through? I don't even see where I can connect to Poly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back