Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 27, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #10,771 of 18,750
I love my Poly and I use it every day with iPhone. That said, it and GoFigure are still flaky and frustrating. I keep checking this site hoping for word of an update.

I am in the same boat. Using it daily through Poly's best sounding output mode available: Airplane Mode with GoFigure QuickPlay. Still, very much interested in what new features and bug fixes Chord will come up with next.

Aug 27, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #10,772 of 18,750
I am in the same boat. Using it daily through Poly's best sounding output mode available: Airplane Mode with GoFigure QuickPlay. Still, very much interested in what new features and bug fixes Chord will come up with next.

Mike is probably near the mark with his comments on the 'update' but I'm not going to speculate.

What I will do is ask Matt what his time-frame guesstimate is, of when the new update will be released... I 'will not' be speaking to Matt 'till Tues/Wed next week (he'll be snowed under Mon & probably Tues), so will update you afterwards, hth.

Aug 27, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #10,773 of 18,750
Mike is probably near the mark with his comments on the 'update' but I'm not going to speculate.

What I will do is ask Matt what his time-frame guesstimate is, of when the new update will be released... I 'will not' be speaking to Matt 'till Tues/Wed next week (he'll be snowed under Mon & probably Tues), so will update you afterwards, hth.
Be good to know what is in the iPhone Gofigure update...

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #10,774 of 18,750
I have had some problems at the beginning to understand how work gofigure on iPhone and to find the good software to use with. Now it work fine, I use Glider to listen SD card and mconnect to stream tidal and qobuz (I prefer qobuz for classical). Both work well. I have compared with SP1000 and now only use poly mojo for the high musical quality and the streaming possibility from qobuz.

Aug 28, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #10,775 of 18,750
As far as I can see it`s a response form AFTER testing, no?
It should take you to a page where you can download the GoFigure app for android. Chord would appreciate any feedback or issues encountered when installing or using it - that's the reason for the response form.

Aug 28, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #10,776 of 18,750
Surely electronic engineering academics working on a moonlight contract could get together and for sure fix all these problems. Chord should approach russell group universities..

Aug 28, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #10,777 of 18,750
Why do you use the WD drive? You want to carry yet another thing around?

For my primary use cases (office and travel), it’s not an inconvenience, and having the capacity to carry my entire library is a plus. More importantly, all my files play natively.

For the gym, I don’t bother with Mojo. Phone and Bluetooth headphones are enough.

We’ll see how it is on a plane.

Aug 28, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #10,778 of 18,750
For my primary use cases (office and travel), it’s not an inconvenience, and having the capacity to carry my entire library is a plus. More importantly, all my files play natively.

For the gym, I don’t bother with Mojo. Phone and Bluetooth headphones are enough.

We’ll see how it is on a plane.
Ah yes, totally understood and that makes great sense. I mainly use mojopoly whilst out walking, and during the UK heatwave I've had to take a small shoulder bag out to accommodate everything - just felt really laiden down with stuff!

Aug 29, 2018 at 1:19 AM Post #10,779 of 18,750
Hi, I’ve tried searching but haven’t had any luck — hopefully a poly expert sees this!

I’ve set up my my poly and gave it a test ride last night. The Gofigure app UX was pretty clunky, and has a couple of small bugs but the sound quality was really great! In my experience a definite step above being tethered directly to my phone, and with less bulk.

Unfortunately this morning I’ve run into an issue where my poly won’t connect or turn off. The p light stays a constant blue colour. Using the config pin/button does nothing, and the app won’t find it — is there any way to reset or turn my poly off? I’m hoping that once he battery drains it will be forced to reboot, but it’s really frustrating that it’s bricked and there’s nothing I can do? Very disappointing user experience, despite some great audio tech

Aug 29, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #10,780 of 18,750
... this morning I’ve run into an issue where my poly won’t connect or turn off. The p light stays a constant blue colour. Using the config pin/button does nothing, and the app won’t find it — is there any way to reset or turn my poly off? I’m hoping that once he battery drains it will be forced to reboot, but it’s really frustrating that it’s bricked and there’s nothing I can do? Very disappointing user experience, despite some great audio tech

I've fired this over to the Tech-Team for advice, hth.

Aug 29, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #10,781 of 18,750
frmrsntmnts, I've had a reply back regarding your problem:- They need to leave the Poly disconnected from Mojo until the 'P.status' light goes out (this may take the entire day if it has been recently charged). Once the P.status light has gone out he needs to charge and re-boot the unit... unfortunately it sounds like the Poly has locked up, maybe because it was updating whilst he was using it (?).

Probably not the fastest solution you were looking for, but hope it helps.

Aug 29, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #10,782 of 18,750
Perhaps you could also fire this over to the tech team:

One way the Poly locks up is when it connects to a wifi access point but no dhcp server is available. Presumably it is stuck trying to acquire an IP address and won't let go of the network connection when it is switched off. The same holds if the dhcp server is disabled while Poly is on and already has an IP address. Re-enabling the dhcp server will allow Poly to switch off. So will putting Poly into access point mode with the pin. This is clearly a bug and should be addressed. I realise this is not the answer to everyone's lock-up problems.

It would also be nice if GoFigure allowed manual configuration of Poly's IP address which would provide a work-around. Poly is the only network client I have come across that does not allow static IP address. Apologies if it does allow it and I have not spotted it!

Aug 29, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #10,784 of 18,750
I think the infamous Poly's blue light Lock Up, as someone else pointed out, may have to do with the incomplete firmware update procedure. Sounds like he has just gotten Poly and was switching its modes - which triggers it. I have experienced that too after just a mere day of operation after receiving my Poly.
Well either wait 24 hours or open up Poly with a small fitting hex key and carefully snap out and back in the battery wire on a Poly. Did the latter twice already - impatience issues.

Aug 29, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #10,785 of 18,750
frmrsntmnts, I've had a reply back regarding your problem:- They need to leave the Poly disconnected from Mojo until the 'P.status' light goes out (this may take the entire day if it has been recently charged). Once the P.status light has gone out he needs to charge and re-boot the unit... unfortunately it sounds like the Poly has locked up, maybe because it was updating whilst he was using it (?).

Probably not the fastest solution you were looking for, but hope it helps.

Thanks for your help. I ended up doing just that. Massive PIA not having a physical on/off reboot emergency method, but it did the trick!

In case it helps your developers my exact scenario was as follows:

I’d checked my firmware before the crash/locked poly and it had been updated according to general settings. I turned on the airplane / bluetooth mode out while I was out and about (no wifi connection) and that seemed to be what bricked it in this instance. After that it went unresponsive and I couldn’t access it in go figure or turn it off.

Is there a git repository, or somewhere else I can report some visual/ux issues with the gofigure app (on iPhone X specifically, mostly due to the notch/status bar). I’m happy to help you iron these out. Besides the issues with initial configuration/user experience, the core functionality and concept behind the app/poly combo is brilliant.

Thanks again,
Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back