Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 26, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #10,757 of 18,777
Hi! Where did you buy your poly in Chile?
I bought it from Audiolux, contact a Andrés Reinoso, if you need his phone number, send me a private message.

Patricio

Aug 26, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #10,758 of 18,777
Poly is out of the drawer and back in play, and I suspect it may be back for the long run... I was ready to give up on Mojo/Poly a month ago, and invest the sale proceeds in a DAP. Now I'm glad I didn't.

great to hear you're enjoying your Chord Mojo/Poly... there's must be something about 'drawers', last week I decided to give my Heir 5.0's a run out (made & signed by Dr John himself). I have not been using IEM's for the last nine-months so it was fantastic to be listening to them again... the 5.0 was a seriously underestimated IEM imho, shame they ain't made no more, still lucky me I suppose... any how enjoy your tunes and don't forget to fill out the 'feedback-forms', as Mike kindly reminds us all.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #10,760 of 18,777
Poly is out of the drawer and back in play, and I suspect it may be back for the long run.

There was a post about this in the first 100 pages--maybe the first 50--but it took me six months to try it.

Teaming the Poly/Mojo with a WD My Passport Wireless Pro has solved every problem I ever had. GoFigure was able to see and connect to the WD's Wi-Fi network. AirPlay is bypassed, so every PCM resolution from 44.1/16 to 192/24, plus DSD 64, all play natively. Glider can find every track, regardless of whether it's on the iPhone 8, Poly's SD card, or the WD drive.

So far, no hiccups of any kind. Warning: if you store your music library on a Mac system, you may need to invest $20 in a copy of Paragon NTFS software in order to drag and drop files to the WD drive (the WD manual says it's included on the drive, but it wasn't on mine). The 3Tb drive can now be had for as little as USD 109.95 (Fry's).

I was ready to give up on Mojo/Poly a month ago, and invest the sale proceeds in a DAP. Now I'm glad I didn't.
Why do you use the WD drive? You want to carry yet another thing around?

Aug 26, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #10,761 of 18,777
I know a few guys whom I consider to be 'true' Audiophiles that go to extraordinary equipment lengths to squeeze the last bit of sound from a Album/recording, they respect my 'portable' fetish but no way am I in the same league as them (I don't do £500 gold fuses)... I'm glad your enjoying you new product from a certain brand, I can remember when they released their first DAP, it was a pretty buggy affair but had a good sound apparently (not that I heard it), for the main it was Head-Fi'ers who sorted the problems (same with the early iBasso's). No doubt the software has now been developed, with initial help of Head-Fiers, that allows you to enjoy your new purchase.

Yes there are problems with Poly though now the Beta-program is up and running hopefully problems & issues will be sorted with the help of Head-Fi'ers... if you are not participating in the Beta-program could I urge you sign-up and get involved.

Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScvm6CApPq8y03HLl50UfsmQ3jKtICzg-CkEILqCA3H6pyzBg/viewform

You don’t do £500 gold fuses ? Lol

You lightweight.

I use a linear psu with a platinum 42 amp fuse and a gold plated unobtainium cable. Cost me roughly £4500.

You should hear my Hugo 2 now.

It’s sounds exactly the same as it did when I was using the cheap usb cable that came in Hugos box.

:frowning2:

Hugo was not happy that something came in his box.

:|

Aug 26, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #10,762 of 18,777
Teaming the Poly/Mojo with a WD My Passport Wireless Pro has solved every problem I ever had. GoFigure was able to see and connect to the WD's Wi-Fi network. AirPlay is bypassed, so every PCM resolution from 44.1/16 to 192/24, plus DSD 64, all play natively. Glider can find every track, regardless of whether it's on the iPhone 8, Poly's SD card, or the WD drive.
Cool idea. Cheaper/larger than my 420GB microSD card. Bet it’d be nice to travel with.

Aug 27, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #10,763 of 18,777
Hi! I`ve bought Poly second hand. Now, I`m trying to connect to it using Wi-Fi but the connection is secured - it requires a password and I cannot get to Poly start page. I`m using Android, so GoFigure app is not available for me yet. Does anybody got a clue what I should do?
I think you need to use the config pin and scroll through the options the nice lady will give you. The last one is factory reset. Activate that. Once it has reset you need to use the pin again to restart in access mode and connect to its hotspot. Using the pin is fiddly but welcome to poly.

Aug 27, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #10,764 of 18,777
Is there any firmware upgrade for Poly now?

Aug 27, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #10,767 of 18,777
Honestly, being August and all Chord resources put on bringing out a "standard GoFigure" for Android as well as firmware updates forma iOS, do you think there's still spare time to update the Poly's software?

GoFigure beta was released just three weeks ago... We must have a bit of patience :D

Aug 27, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #10,768 of 18,777
Is there any firmware upgrade for Poly now?
This email from a few days ago, states that there will be an update - I presume after chord has received all the beta-test feedback, and cured any issues that were identified.
The beta-test campaign is still ongoing, and Matt is on holiday this week, so don't expect an update before next week, at the most optimistic.
Hopefully though the next update will be ready, only a few weeks after that.

Aug 27, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #10,769 of 18,777
I think you need to use the config pin and scroll through the options the nice lady will give you. The last one is factory reset. Activate that. Once it has reset you need to use the pin again to restart in access mode and connect to its hotspot. Using the pin is fiddly but welcome to poly.
Yes, I've figured it out. Thank you for the detailed instructions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back