Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 7, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #8,432 of 18,780
Yaaay at last GoFigure! Thanks Chord! .. awesome

Apr 7, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #8,433 of 18,780
It would be good if glider and poly had a sleep timer @joe28 and @ChordElectronics to facilitate falling asleep to music...

Just throw on some Coldplay.

Here you go - a GoFigure countdown timer:

http://www.map-pin.com/poly/

This will serve either as a GoFigure countdown or a Self-destruct countdown. One or the other is bound to happen. It definitely makes things interesting and adds extreme tension to the waiting period. Good idea!

Apr 8, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #8,436 of 18,780
Samsung and Bluetooth: sound interruption with Poly. FW 26
My TV Samsung, my S8, my S3 and the A10 work without problems with the bluetooth of my Hugo2. But with the new firmware of the Poly I have interruptions.
Today, i have tested the Poly of my friend with his smartphone Huawei.
The bluetooth works without interruption.
After we use my Poly and the Huawei:
The sound is as good than bluetooth could be. Is this a Samsung problem?

I have also connected a TV Lg via bluetooth with my Poly. Interruptions are present too.
So I have asked support near Samsung.

Did you try to unpair your TV and Samsung phone and remove / forget the Poly from the devices?
I would also do a factory reset and redo the pairing... after the reset.

Apr 8, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #8,437 of 18,780
So, if I turn off "do not broadcast ssid" in my sonicwall or fortinet, the Poly connects to the either one. (Sonicwall being the default because the license is cheaper than Fortinet)

Hiding SSIDs is a pretty common and basic security feature for 2.4gHz APs.

This is the feature that is preventing the Chord Poly from connecting. Everything else I have has the ability to connect to non-broadcast APs. So I'm hopeful a firmware update is all that's needed and no hardware change.

----

Also, unrelated to Chord, despite the fact that Glider is a more intuitive and cleaner looking app, unfortunately, the inability to manually enter IP addresses for SMB/DLNA services is a deal breaker. Have to use 8 Player. Just have to figure out how to make playlists, I guess, and then I'll be pretty happy with 8 Player.

I have all these playlists created in Swinsian. Wish it was easy to keep them synced with Poly as I make changes pretty regularly to playlists.

Apr 8, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #8,438 of 18,780
So, if I turn off "do not broadcast ssid" in my sonicwall or fortinet, the Poly connects to the either one. (Sonicwall being the default because the license is cheaper than Fortinet)

Hiding SSIDs is a pretty common and basic security feature for 2.4gHz APs.

This is the feature that is preventing the Chord Poly from connecting. Everything else I have has the ability to connect to non-broadcast APs. So I'm hopeful a firmware update is all that's needed and no hardware change.

Actually it’s really bad practice to hide your SSID and can actually make your network less rather than more secure.

For example see the following: www.howtogeek.com/howto/28653/debunking-myths-is-hiding-your-wireless-ssid-really-more-secure

That said, I expect many networks are (incorrectly) set with a hidden SSID so it’s perhaps reasonable to expect Poly to be able to handle them.

Apr 8, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #8,439 of 18,780
The day has arrived. What will tomorrow be like after today. We’re at the edge of the earth.

Buckle up.

Apr 8, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #8,440 of 18,780
Subscribers, I've cleaned up and deleted some posts. Some of you folks have reported but others have opted to reply on the threads. Please do -NOT- reply and just report only. Cleanup of posts takes up a lot of the Mod/Admin's time to follow the trail of the topic.
P.S. appropriate warnings have been sent out. Please get back on thread.

Apr 8, 2018 at 5:23 AM Post #8,441 of 18,780
A few hours to go now! I checked the App Store three times today already:D

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #8,443 of 18,780

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back