Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 26, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #7,891 of 18,896
My Van Nuys case for Mojo/Poly has just arrived, its sooo nice, it goes great with Hugo2’s Van Nuys case.

I was put off buying the premium case for mojo/poly when I saw it on chords website, I thought that mojo/poly would easily fall out due to one end being open so I bought the case for hugo2 instead.

Once I got hugos case and realised how tight a fit it was and realised that no way is hugo slipping out of this, I decided to get the case for mojo/poly aswell.

I dont know what you all think about the van nuys cases, but imho they do make hugo/mojo/poly look nicer especially with a black hugo and their really is no fear of them slipping out.

I would go so far and say that it possibly offers more protection than the original case for mojo/poly, as during a fall the original case might pop open and let mojo/poly go flying ? That was my biggest fear with the original case.

The black leather and red stitching just sets it off.

If anyone is in two minds about getting the van nuys case/s I would recommend it.

I wonder if their will also be a Hugo2/2go all in one case ???

Mar 26, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #7,892 of 18,896
I subscribe to BBC Focus magazine, and they're running full-page adverts for MojoPoly every month. Personally, I find this an irritating reminder that the app is still missing. Still, I don't begrudge Chord drumming up interest in their product, and there's certainly no point in getting angry; as others have pointed out, I'm sure Chord shares our feelings on the subject.

As an Android user it's doubly frustrating, as we face a longer wait for the Gofigure app - plus we don't even have Glider to appease us in the meantime!

At the very least, being able to finally ditch that pin will be a godsend.

Mar 26, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #7,893 of 18,896

At the very least, being able to finally ditch that pin will be a godsend.

I thought the same thing. But something tells me not to ditch that Config Pin just yet. If GoFigure app is being now further delayed by primarily iOS updates (Chord's claim), wouldn't there be a risk of a buggy/non-functioning GoFigure app with future iOS updates? Unless GoFigure app can get whatever update is needed in advance of the iOS update release to make a seamless transition, Poly may still need to rely on The Pin.

Otherwise, as mentioned by others for the last several months, why can't GoFigure be released NOW and updated after? It's all very dubious this Chord vs. Apple scenario.

Mar 26, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #7,894 of 18,896
Am I using Glider correctly by first turning Poly into Hotspot Mode and then connecting to the Poly WiFi, Glider is syncing and I access music stored on the SD card?

Works fine, basicly, but my phone battery is dropping rapidly, and it seems as navigating through the library and the cover visualisation is worse than actual playback... I am not sure whether it is actually the cover visualisation, the sync (library contains 3.7k files), maybe it is basic configuration issues, maybe it is my phone or some side effects by switching to poly (are there any other processes going on that drain my phone battery when I switch to polys wifi?)

the problem is, that sometimes my battery is dropping 30% before I even noticed I did something bad draining the battery and I may have enough enery left in it for a couple of albums - I just cant use the phone much with its usual usage types like mobile checking mails or, for example, do something crazy like calling people...

You can check which apps are causing your batter to drain by navigating to Settings -> Battery. If Glider is at the top of the list, then please send me a direct message so we can take a closer look.

Mar 26, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #7,896 of 18,896
Yeah buddy... Seriously, did it touch a sore spot?

yes, it did touch a sore spot... thanks for asking. Life can be tough and music gives us such a nice escape, but the incessant complaining can be a downer.

It does not add to the forum; it is not detailed with new, relevant or even informative data, but just repetitious.

Eduardo, I could put that "ignore" on the account, but you also post some interesting things which I would not thus read if ignored. You're free to post anything you want; it is just something to consider. I think we're so blessed to have John and Chord here and don't want to lose that privilege due to negativity. Like the English philosopher Jeff Lynn once said, "don't bring me down...."

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #7,897 of 18,896
My Van Nuys case for Mojo/Poly has just arrived, its sooo nice, it goes great with Hugo2’s Van Nuys case.

I was put off buying the premium case for mojo/poly when I saw it on chords website, I thought that mojo/poly would easily fall out due to one end being open so I bought the case for hugo2 instead.

Once I got hugos case and realised how tight a fit it was and realised that no way is hugo slipping out of this, I decided to get the case for mojo/poly aswell.

I dont know what you all think about the van nuys cases, but imho they do make hugo/mojo/poly look nicer especially with a black hugo and their really is no fear of them slipping out.

Would love to see a picture of your cases... I'm considering replacing my Chord case.

Mar 26, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #7,898 of 18,896
Would love to see a picture of your cases... I'm considering replacing my Chord case.

Sorry about the shadows, but here you go.

A001AF79-6F3D-4101-8813-1707EA5D5F78.jpeg FCE50EC4-9001-4743-83D6-D6AEA292A424.jpeg 9EAF4B48-3B85-4699-93C0-43111EFD8BB7.jpeg

Mar 26, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #7,900 of 18,896
where did you order the poly mojo case from?

Sevenoaks sound and vision, I tried for a couple of weeks to get one from my usual dealer, I couldnt find one so I sent an email to mitch at chord, he hooked me up with a distributor who then hooked me up with a store that had access to them.

SSAV will/should be able to hook you up with one.

£125 for hugo2 case, bought from my usual supplier.

£120 for mojo/poly case. Bought from SSAV

Yea, i dont understand the pricing structure either, but you must admit they look sexier dressed in black and red.

I forgot to add this last night.

Their is a store on etsy.com where they sell all sorts of leather cases for mojo mojo/poly, hugo, hugo2 and many other devices, his cases are meant to be really good.

Here is the link to his store.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/VALENTINUM?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar

I have ordered a hugo 2 case, I will post how good quality it is when it arrives.

Here is one of his mojo/poly combo cases, £36

8C24A85B-F007-461E-8242-066B9A9BD23B.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 26, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #7,901 of 18,896
The thing is while you are connected to Poly's wifi you can't use your phone on other wifi networks to browse ect. You are only connected to Poly ...

You can flick between them. While all the times still listening to your SD card playing on Poly, it continues to play

“Flick between them” is a vast oversimplification. At best, during switching poly stutters, sometimes quite badly. At worst it confuses the dlna control app and you have to reset things...

Your best option for iOS is actually “hybrid” mode detailed here:

http://www.map-pin.com/wiki/doku.php?id=chordpoly#ios_using_poly_in_poly_s_own_hotspot_network

Mar 26, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #7,902 of 18,896
I’d like you to try to measure the actual timed difference before your phone shuts down due to a flat battery as my RF design teams consultants tell me the power usage differential for a phone’s WiFi on or off is really quite marginal.

So, a few things here:

WiFi data transfer of, say 100MB uses much less power than Cellular. So if you have to transfer data, WiFi is better.

Having a WiFi radio on just-in-case drains battery faster than when it’s off, especially on android. In th case you are NOT connected to any WiFi networks the radio is still on and in fact scanning on different channels to see if you are suddenly in range of a WiFi signal.

So in fact next to a connected, transmitting WiFi device a “looking for a signal but not connected” device uses the next highest amount of power.

So, depending on circumstances this can be a real problem.

This said, most mobile OS have simple on/off WiFi switches.

Mar 26, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #7,904 of 18,896
Well after watching this thread since the beginning, chiming in from time to time, and waiting for the Poly to stabilize and for Chord to release the GoFigure app, I decided to buy the Poly yesterday and now I'm getting to know the Poly as a user instead of a bystander. Please pardon my baby step questions as they come about (I'll get there soon...) This is a new Poly (SN 22XXX), but I don't think it has the new firmware out of the box with the 2016 copyright. I entered access point mode, waited 20 minutes, rebooted the Mojo, but the screen is the same. Like I said, baby steps....

I am in the process of trying it again but fear that I am doing something wrong. BTW, I've been to @JeremyLaurenson wiki (great site), the Chord website, and elsewhere on the web, but I'm still not there. Any advice?

A brief follow up to my post from the other day. Newbie operator error. @smaragd held my hand and I got things going. Not that I am free and clear yet, but certainly much better than Saturday, so thanks to smaragd.

My Poly is set to hybrid mode generally following @JeremyLaurenson 's direction that allows me to stream from my iPhone (or control the mSD card on the Poly) while having access to the internet. I'm also using the Glider app. My observation is that with limited use, the iPhone battery is depleted quickly. Is that to be expected using the Poly in hybrid mode?

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #7,905 of 18,896
I´m impressed!

It seems you can postpone to whatever date, not delivering accordingly to enclosed instructions given with the hardware ( e.g Gofigure) which people bought with hard/easy earnt money..and the reseller not saying anything about the lack of this feature..

@chord, you must have the most patient and loyal customer base ever..

In my line of work, doing this...I would not be in business anymore..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back