Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 26, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #7,878 of 18,821
So is that means no bluetooth control for playing the music stored in SD card?
Sorry I'm so confused.

There will allegedly be a limited playlist selection via Bluetooth using the GoFigure app if it ever gets released!!

Although the manual that came with the Poly in November 2017 said the app was available in IOS & Android and then 'ready in next few weeks' from then on we are now nearly at the end of March 2018 and still no sign of a release date.

I can't believe the app was approved and Chord delayed the release due to IOS changes coming out later, they should have released the app and worked on the update (it's what they will need to do in the future to maintain it).

Mar 26, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #7,879 of 18,821
I’d like you to try to measure the actual timed difference before your phone shuts down due to a flat battery as my RF design teams consultants tell me the power usage differential for a phone’s WiFi on or off is really quite marginal.
(sigh) Yes ok I'll get around to getting the figures together when I have the time, but its abundantly clear to me the power draw involved (heat, battery %ge drop) in using my phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot (it's not really a sensible idea walking around using Poly as an open, unsecured hotspot apart from briefly for configuration purposes imho). Anyways, thank goodness GoFigure will allow us to leave this issue behind!

Edit - and to repeat, please please give MPD playlist selection it's own page on GoFigure, separate from the music player. It's going to be so annoying scrolling through hundreds of them in a 3 line box!

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #7,882 of 18,821
Roon playback to Poly is flawless for me, since at least the 2nd or 3rd firmware update. Probably the best sound and most stable: Poly is relatively stationary and on your home network.

I concur, Poly in Roon mode works great.

Mar 26, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #7,884 of 18,821
So what happened to gofigure ... More and more weeks are passing by... Do you think maybe November?
Yeah, have to agree. The last post from Chord just seemed like another excuse that was kind of vague. While we all want to believe the constant excuses the latest with "changing iOS" this is getting really long in the tooth.

Mar 26, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #7,886 of 18,821
So what happened to gofigure ... More and more weeks are passing by... Do you think maybe November?

I'm sure Chord are just as anxious as we are to get this out. Given the vocal reactions to imperfect releases I'm also sure the last thing they want to do is release something that isn't functioning exactly as advertised. Hopefully it's not too much longer but I do get their desire to get this right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back