Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 26, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #7,907 of 18,757
Mar 26, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #7,913 of 18,757
Quick question for those who have received replacement units - when you say that you're getting the Poly to start-up "right away", are we talking actually right away, or around 30 seconds?

I'm trying to figure if a couple of my quibbles might be with regards to my unit being from an older batch:

- Sometimes I cannot get Poly to "wake up" without plugging it into AC power (even when it's fully charged)
- Getting frequent wifi dropouts causing stuttering on SD-card playback using M.A.L.P on Android
- Roon over my home wifi stutters, speeds-up, distorts, and is generally un-usable.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Mar 26, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #7,914 of 18,757
Be gentle with him. Australia is suffering a psychological trauma after the recent cricketing revelations. Being mischevious is one way of coping. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
You're hitting pretty close to home there mate! Yes it's an absolutely disgraceful situation and a dark time for cricket and Australian sport in general.

Mar 26, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #7,915 of 18,757
Quick question for those who have received replacement units - when you say that you're getting the Poly to start-up "right away", are we talking actually right away, or around 30 seconds? ...

About 10 seconds after Mojo is turned on.

- Sometimes I cannot get Poly to "wake up" without plugging it into AC power (even when it's fully charged)

Same issue with the first Poly I had. I was too lazy to go plug into a charger so I would just turn Mojo off/on 6 - 10 times over a period of 5 to 20 minutes and Poly would then come alive.

If in doubt just drop Chord an email.

Mar 26, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #7,916 of 18,757
Quick question for those who have received replacement units - when you say that you're getting the Poly to start-up "right away", are we talking actually right away, or around 30 seconds?

I'm trying to figure if a couple of my quibbles might be with regards to my unit being from an older batch:

- Getting frequent wifi dropouts causing stuttering on SD-card playback using M.A.L.P on Android
- Roon over my home wifi stutters, speeds-up, distorts, and is generally un-usable.

I did have to fully charge my replacement before it behaved well, but since, I’d say up to 5 seconds for Poly to turn on. So, not instantaneous, but reliable and way better than before. Maybe 2 seconds normally. I think I noticed one time it didn’t start up and I had to switch Mojo off and on again and it started right up.

Mar 26, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #7,917 of 18,757
About 10 seconds after Mojo is turned on.

Same issue with the first Poly I had. I was too lazy to go plug into a charger so I would just turn Mojo off/on 6 - 10 times over a period of 5 to 20 minutes and Poly would then come alive.

If in doubt just drop Chord an email.
Roger that, will do.

Mar 27, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #7,919 of 18,757

- Replacement starts up consistently within about 5 to 10 seconds.
- SD card playback using MALP is totally reliable here.
What are the first few numbers of your replacements' serial number? It does sound like it shares symptoms with my older unit that was replaced. Probably best contact Chord.

Mar 27, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #7,920 of 18,757
For Android user:
If you search free music from young or new artists: Download Soundcloud.
The Soundcloud works with BubbleUPnP but you need to convert the file with the ffmpeg function included in BubbleUPnP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back