Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 9, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #7,516 of 18,893
I tethered my poly to my iphoneX hotspot but can’t get the poly renderer to show on Glider.

Can Glider do that or only on proper wifi networks?

Mar 9, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #7,518 of 18,893
USB Bluetooth dongle.
I guess that's the only solution... I actually have a Hugo 2 and wondering about the 2GO which I'm assuming will be identical to the Poly in connectivity options.
I just really enjoy the H2 as an external sound card using USB and don't want to lose that functionality if I get a 2GO.

Mar 9, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #7,519 of 18,893
I tethered my poly to my iphoneX hotspot but can’t get the poly renderer to show on Glider.

Can Glider do that or only on proper wifi networks?
Using Glider on-the-go you should put the Poly into hotspot mode instead and connect your iPhone X to the Poly's hotspot using the hybrid hotspot mode (Chord Poly in Hybrid Mode)
Then Glider will see both Poly's mSD and the Poly's renderer.... it's also more stable than using your iPhone's hotspot.

Mar 9, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #7,520 of 18,893
GoFigure will probably be a nice step up for configuring the Poly, but what I´m really awaiting is a new firmware update to iron out the issues of Poly disappearing from my home network (SSDP advertisement or what it´s called). I´m perfectely fine with third party apps like Glider and BubbleUPnP for managing music on the Poly as they work flawlessly as long as Poly´s SD card content is still visible.

Mar 9, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #7,521 of 18,893
Hi all,I'm wondering if you can give me some advice as your all familiar with using the poly,I'm gonna buy the Chord 2go,I've set up my hi-fi system with my laptop as my roon core I've got a USB cable connected from my laptop to my Hugo 2 and using my phone as the remote,when I get my Chord 2go I'm gonna be listening to tidal through roon,what I'm gonna do is disconnect the USB cable from the laptop and use an Ethernet cable into the Chord 2go,now because it's roon ready use my computer to find the 2go then output to it,will this sound better than the USB from my laptop? I apologise if I'm repeating myself with ppl that go in the Hugo 2 thread

Mar 9, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #7,522 of 18,893
Hi all,I'm wondering if you can give me some advice as your all familiar with using the poly,I'm gonna buy the Chord 2go,I've set up my hi-fi system with my laptop as my roon core I've got a USB cable connected from my laptop to my Hugo 2 and using my phone as the remote,when I get my Chord 2go I'm gonna be listening to tidal through roon,what I'm gonna do is disconnect the USB cable from the laptop and use an Ethernet cable into the Chord 2go,now because it's roon ready use my computer to find the 2go then output to it,will this sound better than the USB from my laptop? I apologise if I'm repeating myself with ppl that go in the Hugo 2 thread
No, they're going to sound the same. since HUGO-2 is doing all the conversion. The only difference is you're eliminating the laptop from the chain. Digital signal will be fed by LAN/WLAN - > Hugo2 USB instead of LAN/WLAN->Laptop-> Hugo2 USB

Mar 9, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #7,523 of 18,893
What exactly does this mean? It says Chord on the Poly. I understand subcontracting but it's still their device. Please elaborate for those of us who are a step slower.

Chord has outsourced the manufacture and software of the Poly:

http://www.map-pin.com/wiki/doku.php?id=chordpoly-rabbithole

Chord certainly has a contract with them, but its not Matt or John who are directly letting us down - they clearly also have a communication problem with DisignConsultants

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #7,524 of 18,893
If you complain about Gofigure not being released yet, admin will delete your post. I’ve had a number of my posts deleted and they were not harsh or inflammatory and were most definitely on topic. The fact is, this site is paid for by advertising and I am now quite sure Chord is one of those advertisers. An admin literally “cleaned up” this thread last week- removing negative comments by actual product owners, preserving a good face for Chord and hiding so many of us are annoyed and frustrated with the poly. I have a total 10 post history on here and have something like 27 likes so I know I am not alone in my feelings, yet the comments were deleted to keep the thread “on topic”. This is part of why I think we should all be commenting elsewhere, as well as here. Get the word out that Poly hasn’t fully launched yet 5 months later so more good people like us don’t get frustrated by chord as well. (Duped?) Please don’t delete this post. It is about the poly. Thanks.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #7,526 of 18,893
If you complain about Gofigure not being released yet, admin will delete your post. I’ve had a bunch of my posts deleted and they were not harsh or inflammatory and were most definitely on topic. The fact is, this site is paid for by advertising and I am now quite sure Chord is one of those advertisers. An admin literally “cleaned up” this thread last week- removing negative comments by actual product owners, preserving a good face for Chord and hiding so many of us are annoyed and frustrated with the poly. I have a total 10 post history on here and have something like 27 likes so I know I am not alone in my feelings, yet the comments were deleted to keep the thread “on topic”. This is part of why I think we should all be commenting elsewhere, as well as here. Get the word out that Poly hasn’t fully launched yet 5 months later so more good people like us don’t get frustrated by chord as well. (Duped?) Please don’t delete this post. It is about the poly. Thanks.
It's a tricky one - I feel just as frustrated as you - its pretty bleak that it still doesn't work as advertised - but this thread has degenerated into personal stuff on occasion (from both "sides") which helps noone. (Not suggesting for a moment you were part of that mind!) I guess I'm approaching this like I would a Kickstarter right now.

Mar 9, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #7,527 of 18,893
It's a tricky one - I feel just as frustrated as you - its pretty bleak that it still doesn't work as advertised - but this thread has degenerated into personal stuff on occasion (from both "sides") which helps noone. (Not suggesting for a moment you were part of that mind!) I guess I'm approaching this like I would a Kickstarter right now.

To me the tricky part is that this community presents itself as an open community to dicusss audiophile gear openly for the benefit of everyone. The reality is that this site is also a giant ad machine, showing as the top result on google when you search many products. Our conversations are being edited to remove negative comments. It is the equivalent of editing reviews and testimonials, but well hidden in a discussion board format run by admins. Head Fi is making a killing on the Poly traffic (us) and are actually selling ads based on that traffic. They are also servicing Chord by removing negative comments. We are complaining in chord’s own fenced-in community when we should be complaining on sites where Chord doesn’t have this kind of influence.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #7,528 of 18,893
If you complain about Gofigure not being released yet, admin will delete your post. I’ve had a number of my posts deleted and they were not harsh or inflammatory and were most definitely on topic. The fact is, this site is paid for by advertising and I am now quite sure Chord is one of those advertisers. An admin literally “cleaned up” this thread last week- removing negative comments by actual product owners, preserving a good face for Chord and hiding so many of us are annoyed and frustrated with the poly. I have a total 10 post history on here and have something like 27 likes so I know I am not alone in my feelings, yet the comments were deleted to keep the thread “on topic”. This is part of why I think we should all be commenting elsewhere, as well as here. Get the word out that Poly hasn’t fully launched yet 5 months later so more good people like us don’t get frustrated by chord as well. (Duped?) Please don’t delete this post. It is about the poly. Thanks.

It’s not just the negative posts that have been deleted, I’ve had a couple that were deleted and I’d say my posts were more defensive of Chord.
I think it’s time for a separate thread for Poly issues then people can have a good rant without deletions!

Mar 9, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #7,529 of 18,893

So, actually, what you propose may sound better if Ethernet sounds better than USB. Ideally, if you have an optical out from your laptop, that would be preferred (no RFI noise transmitted physically from the source to Hugo2). If you had this capability, and the resolution of optical was enough for you, that should sound best. Then, you wouldn’t even need 2Go, if you always listen connected. But you could get 2Go, use it wirelessly, and have great sound portability around your house or wherever.

One of the reasons Poly sounds so good is it’s streaming without a physical cable to transmit any noise.

Mar 9, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #7,530 of 18,893
To me the tricky part is that this community presents itself as an open community to dicusss audiophile gear openly for the benefit of everyone. The reality is that this site is also a giant ad machine, showing as the top result on google when you search many products. Our conversations are being edited to remove negative comments. It is the equivalent of editing reviews and testimonials, but well hidden in a discussion board format run by admins. Head Fi is making a killing on the Poly traffic (us) and are actually selling ads based on that traffic. They are also servicing Chord by removing negative comments. We are complaining in chord’s own fenced-in community when we should be complaining on sites where Chord doesn’t have this kind of influence.
I think that you are heading down the route travelled by conspiracy theorists.
I have had a few posts deleted during recent weeks - none of them were attacking poly or chord, but they became collateral damage when a string of posts commenting about another poster were removed.
This inevitably feels frustrating, but you have to 'like it or lump it'. I think that the terms of service mention that the decision of the Mods is final, and criticising those decisions will lead to a ban.
We all have to accept/post according to those terms, or find another forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back