Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 7, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #7,486 of 18,864
I'm mostly using Bluetooth in my Chord Mojo-Poly as I feel it's a much stable connection compared to Wifi that always have drop out.
Does Wifi really have a better sound quality conpared to Bluetooth?!

Depends on the source. If you have high resolution files like FLAC etc, then go for wifi. If not, then stick with Bluetooth I guess.
The end goal though to get full advantage of products such as Mojo-Poly would be HighRes files over wifi

Mar 7, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #7,487 of 18,864
I'm mostly using Bluetooth in my Chord Mojo-Poly as I feel it's a much stable connection compared to Wifi that always have drop out.

Oh Boi..... Oh Boi.... Why spend 1k$ to Bluetooth..
No shade or hate ... But if you can't hear the difference you either spent too much in audio or you have bad iems/hp

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #7,488 of 18,864

Yes wifi does sound better than bluetooth and your IE 80's will quickly show the difference but even with bluetooth most songs sound very listenable with the IE 80.

Mar 7, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #7,489 of 18,864
Just had a weird Poly occurrence, Poly was being agreeable all day playing in hotspot mode using Glider. I took a break and rather than pause (PIA to get music restarted) left her playing. When I got back to my desk I went to unplug the 5V 2A charger and a high pitched continuous tone started coming out of her. Odd, and the tone volume was controllable from the + & - buttons. I powered Poly off, now no matter what I do can not get any music out. I used the pin to go into the configure page, and reboot Poly but nothing. I will go home and try Roon mode, and see if that works. Has anyone heard this tone? When I use the pin the weird voice lady (certainly not Poly she sings sweet) is audible telling me the mode?

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #7,490 of 18,864
Just had a weird Poly occurrence, Poly was being agreeable all day. I took a break and rather than pause (PIA to get music restarted) left her playing. When I got back to my desk I went to unplug the 5V 2A charger and a high pitched continuous tone started coming out of her. Odd, and the tone volume was controllable from the + & - buttons. I powered Poly off, now no matter what I do can not get any music out. I used the pin to reboot Poly but nothing. I will go home and try Roon mode, and see if that works. Has anyone heard this tone? When I use the pin the weird voice lady (certainly not Poly she sings sweet) is audible telling me the mode?
Came home Poly went into Roon mode fine, but I was unable to get Glider to work. I separated Poly from the Mojo, charged Poly separately, and when I rejoined then I put Poly back into hotspot mode all was fine. Strange.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #7,491 of 18,864
for those of you who are connecting your MojoPoly to your iPhone's hot spot, do you ever experience the connection disappearing all of a sudden? for some reason, this happens to me when I am also using another fitness app called RunKeeper. the fitness app is just using my location services so I don't know what could be causing the disconnects...

Mar 8, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #7,492 of 18,864
for those of you who are connecting your MojoPoly to your iPhone's hot spot, do you ever experience the connection disappearing all of a sudden? for some reason, this happens to me when I am also using another fitness app called RunKeeper. the fitness app is just using my location services so I don't know what could be causing the disconnects...
Does it also disconnects when using the hybrid mode? That is using the Poly's hotspot mode and using iPhone to connect to Poly while maintaining internet access on the iPhone...
I found it more stable keeping its connection rather than using iPhone's hotspot mode...

Mar 8, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #7,493 of 18,864
Just had a weird Poly occurrence, Poly was being agreeable all day playing in hotspot mode using Glider. I took a break and rather than pause (PIA to get music restarted) left her playing. When I got back to my desk I went to unplug the 5V 2A charger and a high pitched continuous tone started coming out of her. Odd, and the tone volume was controllable from the + & - buttons. I powered Poly off, now no matter what I do can not get any music out. I used the pin to go into the configure page, and reboot Poly but nothing. I will go home and try Roon mode, and see if that works. Has anyone heard this tone? When I use the pin the weird voice lady (certainly not Poly she sings sweet) is audible telling me the mode?
Yes, this exact noise/issue is a fairly regular occurrence for me. Sometimes days between episodes, some days i happens within a few minutes of starting playback and does it every time I try to listen to anything. I' ppretty positive in my case it is my mojo and not poly. I tried repeatedly to get chord to help me and Tom insisted it must be RFI from my car key fob. Then he told me to contact my retailer for further assistance and I never heard back from chord. Moon audio blamed it on my phone then when I explained my phones distance from mojopoly, told me it must be the USB connection coming undone. Needless to say, I have a genuine issue which is persistently making this thing unusable for me, it is obviously a hardware issue, and all chord or the retailer can do is say it must somehow be my fault.

Mar 8, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #7,494 of 18,864
I have had a similar experience.

I did have it typed out but for some reason this forum hates ipads and ate it up, ahwell.

Mar 8, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #7,495 of 18,864
http://the-ear.net/review-hardware/chord-electronics-poly-portable-serverstreamer

"...Toward the end of the review period I got hold of a beta copy of the GoFigure app that Chord has developed for Poly, it needs a fairly up to date iDevice to run and doesn’t do what I had hoped, which is to control playback. GoFigure is primarily designed to aid set up of Poly, connect it to wi-fi and other external devices and set it up as a Roon endpoint. But you can use it to access playlists so long as there is an MPD playlist on the SD card or other source. I also discovered that there is another control app that Chord are liking called Glider for iOS..."

Mar 8, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #7,496 of 18,864
http://the-ear.net/review-hardware/chord-electronics-poly-portable-serverstreamer

"...Toward the end of the review period I got hold of a beta copy of the GoFigure app that Chord has developed for Poly, it needs a fairly up to date iDevice to run and doesn’t do what I had hoped, which is to control playback. GoFigure is primarily designed to aid set up of Poly, connect it to wi-fi and other external devices and set it up as a Roon endpoint. But you can use it to access playlists so long as there is an MPD playlist on the SD card or other source. I also discovered that there is another control app that Chord are liking called Glider for iOS..."

Pretty sure this was always the plan for the app, nothing has changed.

Mar 8, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #7,500 of 18,864
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back