Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 9, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #7,531 of 18,751
(...) I think that the terms of service mention that the decision of the Mods is final, and criticising those decisions will lead to a ban.
(...)

This is an actual rule? Sounds pretty despotic to me. Hard to believe that a perhaps even constructive critique in itself should lead to a ban...

Mar 9, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #7,532 of 18,751
This is an actual rule? Sounds pretty despotic to me. Hard to believe that a perhaps even constructive critique in itself should lead to a ban...
I have had the Poly since last year, main issue was turning it on, not eh way to Moon Audio for replacement. That being said, I think the main issue is that the criticism turned from being constructive to being personal with no added benefit tot eh community. Calling people at Chord liars, lazy, deceitful, etc. 1) is not true, 2) is beyond what should be discussed here, and 3) is tangential to the discussion regarding Poly itself and how to get it to work and get the best out of it.
I know what the issues are with Poly but to me the good outweighs the problems encountered, which I know that will be fixed. The only big thing I can fault them on is the delay of the Go-Figure App. However I am not sure what I would have done if i was them. There was a clamor for Poly but imagine if it still hadn't been released waiting for the app to be approved (a lot longer than I am sure they thought it would take). I for one am glad I have the Poly even without the App. I have it working with my iPhone in hotspot mode with Glider and it has bene flawless. Lucky me I guess.

Mar 9, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #7,533 of 18,751
I have had the Poly since last year, main issue was turning it on, not eh way to Moon Audio for replacement. That being said, I think the main issue is that the criticism turned from being constructive to being personal with no added benefit tot eh community. Calling people at Chord liars, lazy, deceitful, etc. 1) is not true, 2) is beyond what should be discussed here, and 3) is tangential to the discussion regarding Poly itself and how to get it to work and get the best out of it.
I know what the issues are with Poly but to me the good outweighs the problems encountered, which I know that will be fixed. The only big thing I can fault them on is the delay of the Go-Figure App. However I am not sure what I would have done if i was them. There was a clamor for Poly but imagine if it still hadn't been released waiting for the app to be approved (a lot longer than I am sure they thought it would take). I for one am glad I have the Poly even without the App. I have it working with my iPhone in hotspot mode with Glider and it has bene flawless. Lucky me I guess.

My comment was not aiming to criticize the banning of posts but rather the rule that decicions of the Mods shall not be critizised or else one might get banned.

Mar 9, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #7,534 of 18,751
Chord has outsourced the manufacture and software of the Poly:

http://www.map-pin.com/wiki/doku.php?id=chordpoly-rabbithole

Chord certainly has a contract with them, but its not Matt or John who are directly letting us down - they clearly also have a communication problem with DisignConsultants

Clearly their is communication issue’s because if gofigure was with apple in november then why no release ?

To be honest, I have no real issues with poly except gofigure, ok we can use a pin, but I dont want to keep fumbling with the pin and in the process end up with scratches all over polys face, plus its too clunky in this day and age.

I think the majority of us have a poly that works for our needs, that is obvious by reading this thread, but the real issue is, we need gofigure and we needed it yesterday/last week/last month/last year.

All I ask for is to be kept upto date with whats really going on with regards to gofigure, regardless of how good or bad that piece of news is, because telling us that an app was with apple in november and is still with apple... well thats hard for even me to believe and I can be really gullible at times.

Is wanting to know where a key component is, with regards to something I purchased, is that such a bad thing ?

Mar 9, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #7,535 of 18,751
Conspiracy you say?... Gimme a break.
I have posted some opinions on Poly in several places. All were removed or not published at all.
If Chord spent the money dedicated for PR on actual development, we would all be better off.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #7,536 of 18,751
The app was originally submitted to Apple in November, then withdrawn pending the software revisions Chord needed to do after Poly launch, then resubmitted last month (I think). This is all info available on the thread from Chord. I doubt there is any conspiracy. Cock up, maybe, but no conspiracy.

Mar 9, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #7,537 of 18,751
This is a more detailed explanation of my gripes from a few posts back:

One of the use cases for me buying Poly was to be able to use Poly/Mojo as a DAP. Maybe that isn’t what it was primarily designed for...but I felt that Poly having an SDCard slot was a nod toward this being a valid use case. I do understand that Poly’s primary use is as a streamer and renderer, so don’t flame me for wanting that wonderful Mojo sound for everything.

Despite seeing the horror stories on this forum, I still jumped in with both feet and bought Poly, believing in Chord. Another key reason I did this was because I had seen posts from @Mojo ideas saying that Bluetooth playback control of the SDCard would be baked into the GoFigure app. Rather than repost those posts here, assuming they haven’t been since removed, I believed the word of a high level Chord person.

I’m on the go and it is not always possible to have WiFi turned on (for battery saving reasons) which is why I’m so miffed about not being able to control SDCard playback via Bluetooth.

I wonder how many other people bought Poly as a DAP replacement?

Hopefully this explanation of my intended use for Poly keeps me from coming off as petty and avoids people replying with ‘just use Glider and be done with it’.

Mar 9, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #7,539 of 18,751
I have been trying to find the rule, amongst the several forum pages where moderation rules get detailed - however it is proving elusive.
However this page does describe in detail, that the forum takes a dim view of posters suggesting conspiracies, and suggesting that Head-Fi moderators give advertisers a higher priority than everyday posters.
https://www.head-fi.org/articles/moderation-faq.13522/

Mar 9, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #7,540 of 18,751
Another week gone and no update ☹️ I can't believe that this is an Apple hold-up, they must have cocked-up the app.
Can't wait for the Android beta. I guess that'll be at the end of next week! :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #7,541 of 18,751
Chord has outsourced the manufacture and software of the Poly:

http://www.map-pin.com/wiki/doku.php?id=chordpoly-rabbithole

Chord certainly has a contract with them, but its not Matt or John who are directly letting us down - they clearly also have a communication problem with DisignConsultants
+1 bought for usage as a mobile DAP, playing off internal SD card 95% of the time.

That was my purpose as well. I needed a new DAP for travel and the choice was a traditional DAP or Poly. Since I owned a Mojo and like the sound quality I went for Poly in spite of this thread. Such was my faith in Chord to make this right. To be honest, I am looking at DAPs again. In all fairness, the one mode that really works quite well on my Poly is Poly hotspot running Glider off an mSD card. Probably 90+% of my use of a DAP is playback from an internal card. So the only difference is Mojo/Poly sounds better than most DAPs.

I have switched to Hugo-2 on my desktop and am not interested in 2GO.

@JeremyLaurenson and I have a semantic difference. I was aware of the wiki post about DesignConsultants being contracted to do the Poly but to my way of thinking it has Chord's name on it so Chord is responsible if for no other reason than they hired the company. That said, you are certainly correct that Chord seems not to have direct responsibility or even control over most of Poly's -- how shall we say this?-- birthing and growing pains. Chord cannot and will not comment on this line of discussion but it sure would be interesting if they could.

Mar 9, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #7,542 of 18,751
This is a more detailed explanation of my gripes from a few posts back:

One of the use cases for me buying Poly was to be able to use Poly/Mojo as a DAP. Maybe that isn’t what it was primarily designed for...but I felt that Poly having an SDCard slot was a nod toward this being a valid use case. I do understand that Poly’s primary use is as a streamer and renderer, so don’t flame me for wanting that wonderful Mojo sound for everything.

Despite seeing the horror stories on this forum, I still jumped in with both feet and bought Poly, believing in Chord. Another key reason I did this was because I had seen posts from @Mojo ideas saying that Bluetooth playback control of the SDCard would be baked into the GoFigure app. Rather than repost those posts here, assuming they haven’t been since removed, I believed the word of a high level Chord person.

I’m on the go and it is not always possible to have WiFi turned on (for battery saving reasons) which is why I’m so miffed about not being able to control SDCard playback via Bluetooth.

I wonder how many other people bought Poly as a DAP replacement?

Hopefully this explanation of my intended use for Poly keeps me from coming off as petty and avoids people replying with ‘just use Glider and be done with it’.

It hasn't stopped me enjoying Poly, but SD playback via bluetooth was the main criteria for me. 400GB dedicated storage vs 128GB shared storage, meant ALL my favourite music would be available on the go. At home, I intended to stream via the network, but a game changer for on the move playback.
So without that capability, GoFigure for me is useful only to replace the bloody pin.

Mar 9, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #7,543 of 18,751
@JeremyLaurenson and I have a semantic difference. I was aware of the wiki post about DesignConsultants being contracted to do the Poly but to my way of thinking it has Chord's name on it so Chord is responsible if for no other reason than they hired the company. That said, you are certainly correct that Chord seems not to have direct responsibility or even control over most of Poly's -- how shall we say this?-- birthing and growing pains. Chord cannot and will not comment on this line of discussion but it sure would be interesting if they could.
I interpreted the reference to be in the spirit of RASCI https://managementmania.com/en/rasci-responsibility-matrix
In this type of matrix, the software consultants are Responsible, but Chord ultimately are Accountable.

Mar 9, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #7,544 of 18,751
I interpreted the reference to be in the spirit of RASCI https://managementmania.com/en/rasci-responsibility-matrix
In this type of matrix, the software consultants are Responsible, but Chord ultimately are Accountable.

That's an interesting semantic distinction. Chord is being held accountable. Sounds better. Makes sense. Thanks.

It is still not clear to me if Chord physically builds Poly or whether that too was farmed out.

I had been using the six phases matrix to assign responsibility (http://www.smart-jokes.org/six-phases-project.html) but will now adopt the RASCI model. A lot of people would do well to read it before they point fingers.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #7,545 of 18,751
I got a issue new to me, after three days if not using and not charging poly, both mojo and poly were discharged. I separately charged them at sufficient power supplies.
both fully charged.
Problem is now: I cant turn poly off, the p-status keeps steady blue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back