Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 15, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #6,946 of 18,802
@Mojo ideas The point is that SD card control has always been touted as a main feature of the "GoFigure" app. I've never seen it listed as "minimal control" or any such terms.

You continue to over-promise and completely under-deliver, then you get angry with your customers who are frustrated with you and your company for good reason.

All I can say is I'm glad I haven't bought one yet, I feel for those of you who bought early and have been continually let down, and I wish you luck in the future. This whole thing has really put me off of Chord products altogether. I'll probably sell my Mojo since Poly is a dud (AFAIK), and I'll be perpetually recommending other Audiophiles avoid Chord whenever possible.

I did not realize, with your incessant posting , that you were not an actual poly customer.

Thanks for stating it plainly.

It makes things so much clearer.

Peter.

Feb 15, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #6,948 of 18,802
Not sure how to reply to this. I don't think its antagonistic (or illogical) to point out that, contrary to it being "a comment from another poster and understood it was from us at Chord", that my understanding was directly from yourself & Matt at Chord.

Now that the proverbial horses are out of the barn, my take is those of us who own the MojoPoly will have to learn to deal with reality instead of “promises” as we now finally know.

Personally I will live with it until some other product comes out that does what I want as the MojoPoly falls short, no matter how good it sounds when “working”.

It sucks but I’m fed up with all of this and will find work around to the best of my ability. Someone once turned me on to the following:

ECONOMIC HAPPINESS=(REALITY/EXPECTATIONS)

No matter how much it sucks it’s time to apply the same to MojoPoly and reduce our expectations no matter what was promised.

Feb 15, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #6,951 of 18,802
I love my poly (when it works) the sound is probably the best I've heard from my current headp
Oh well there is always Glider which (beta 8) is now working pretty consistently

That's the problem. Glider even in beta doesn't always work for me.

Using iphone x, when I pause the music and then come back 10 minutes later I have to reset everything as glider refuses to reconnect to poly for some reason. Also I still get dropouts when using Glider.

Only thing that has worked for me in the past is Tidal, but even that is giving me problems now.

Feb 15, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #6,952 of 18,802
I love my poly (when it works) the sound is probably the best I've heard from my current headp

That's the problem. Glider even in beta doesn't always work for me.

Using iphone x, when I pause the music and then come back 10 minutes later I have to reset everything as glider refuses to reconnect to poly for some reason. Also I still get dropouts when using Glider.

Only thing that has worked for me in the past is Tidal, but even that is giving me problems now.
Sorry to hear that. I do get problems still but much more stable these days
Make sure to message Joe at Glider he is super responsive and genuinely wants to get this thing singing

Feb 15, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #6,953 of 18,802
Hi there,
I have been following this thread for about twenty pages, I think I might need some advice.

My idea in buying the mojo and poly was, I get a pretty decent DAC/amp and with adding the Poly, I upgrade it to a fully funtional DAP with supreme audio quality.

Now, it was not ment to work like a AK, there is no display, it was always a usage intended like using a mobile phone to browse through archives and actual playback funtionality.

My trouble with the Poly was the setup and losing configuration and in the short amount of time (mid to end november) using it pushing the reset pin, it actually broke.

My question is: if the app is out, will it be possible to enjoy the mojo/poly, playback with third party apps, switching of modes, to roon usage, streaming, and playback from a sd card, even though the browsing will be done by third party apps.
And in a reliable way.

What is the main problem of the app not providing full sd card control, if I can do that with another app using hotspot mode? Is battery usage that much worse? Is it drop outs? Is it other expectations and built up frustration?

I have been that much disappointed, I have unopened and unregistered poly and mojo lying around I dont want to open before I get the feeling if I can use it as a DAP, at home aswell as if outside.
If that will be the case, and may it not be by full sd card control by the gofigure ap, but some other way, thats fine.
If I will keep not knowing whether the devices will work or not or for how long, I will have to ask for assistence how I can return and get refunded and if thats not possible, I got a mojo/poly, brand new, for sale.

Cheers,
Tomi

Feb 15, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #6,954 of 18,802
Hi there,
I have been following this thread for about twenty pages, I think I might need some advice.

My idea in buying the mojo and poly was, I get a pretty decent DAC/amp and with adding the Poly, I upgrade it to a fully funtional DAP with supreme audio quality.

Now, it was not ment to work like a AK, there is no display, it was always a usage intended like using a mobile phone to browse through archives and actual playback funtionality.

My trouble with the Poly was the setup and losing configuration and in the short amount of time (mid to end november) using it pushing the reset pin, it actually broke.

My question is: if the app is out, will it be possible to enjoy the mojo/poly, playback with third party apps, switching of modes, to roon usage, streaming, and playback from a sd card, even though the browsing will be done by third party apps.
And in a reliable way.

What is the main problem of the app not providing full sd card control, if I can do that with another app using hotspot mode? Is battery usage that much worse? Is it drop outs? Is it other expectations and built up frustration?

I have been that much disappointed, I have unopened and unregistered poly and mojo lying around I dont want to open before I get the feeling if I can use it as a DAP, at home aswell as if outside.
If that will be the case, and may it not be by full sd card control by the gofigure ap, but some other way, thats fine.
If I will keep not knowing whether the devices will work or not or for how long, I will have to ask for assistence how I can return and get refunded and if thats not possible, I got a mojo/poly, brand new, for sale.

Cheers,
Tomi

To me it's that Bluetooth won't control sd card. With any app

Feb 15, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #6,955 of 18,802
Hi there,

And in a reliable way.

Cheers,
Tomi
Hi Tomi - for me it's a matter of battery efficiency for both Poly and my phone. Using WiFi merely to cue up and play files stored on the Poly's own SD is massively inefficient and a huge battery drain.

Feb 15, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #6,956 of 18,802
I’m not sure who that response was from within our company possibly it was someone from marketing unaware of all Polys future features. We will check if they were stating the present position and if not, we will advise them that the Gofigure App will certainly include Bluetooth control of the SD card

See, you did promise Bluetooth control would be included with the Gofigure App.

Feb 15, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #6,957 of 18,802
Yes the go figure App controls the complete set up of Poly via Bluetooth and there is an option that allows you to control the SD card if for some reason you cannot use WiFi such as on certain flights.

Again you confirm that the Gofigure app would allow to control the SD cards in situation in a plane for example.

Where did you say you could use the Poly in a limited way threw playlist only? :p

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #6,958 of 18,802
You can use your phones WiFi hot spot or Poly’s own WiFi hot spot immediately and when to App is sign off ( around 3weeks) then you can use Bluetooth control too
Re the review I think the guy totally missed the point about Poly passing all control and info up to the best display and control interface we have our Phones so why would having a tiny display on Poly be a better idea ..... no that comment had not been thought through ...... Fortunately he was at our London launch event and we had a little chat about that .... I think he gets it now

We can use Bluetooth control with the Gofigure App? :p

Feb 15, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #6,959 of 18,802
Ok, I will stop now digging up some old history since I don't care anymore as for flights I'm happy with the Bose QC35 II so far. So I don't think I will use the Poly on flights anymore (not that my Poly works since it doesn't power on most of the time)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back