1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462
464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473
Next

Last
  1. Priaptor
    Yup this sucks. Amazing I waited for this. It would have been nice to have known this from the day they announced. Pretty underwhelming

2. Whippler
    Yah.. i would be fine with a simple browse by folder system, shouldn't be too hard to implement. But playlists only.. i don't even use playlists

Benz-Fi and Priaptor like this.
  3. Mojo ideas
    I’m sorry but we have never stated full play back over Bluetooth control. It may have been that you’ve seen a comment from another poster and understood it was from us at Chord. BLE is and always has been too slow for browsing through huge libraries. The Bluetooth control protocol had always been a last option for control of the SD card with Poly’s own hot spot mode being far better and now having encrypted password access it’s totally secure too.

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  4. Priaptor
    Agree. If this is their best, then I guess it’s time to call it a day. I’ll live with it, since I own it, until someone else, like AK, Sony, etc implements a wireless Roon endpoint and DAP capabilities.

With so many other companies now tailoring their players to the high end, at least by price, I can’t imagine one of then not picking up the pieces of where we are with MojoPoly.

NaiveSound and dontfeedphils like this.
  5. supervisor
    what's wrong with Glider?

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  6. Gr8h8m
    Hmmm. I saw the comment from, amongst others, you John!

7. dontfeedphils
    Really @Mojo ideas? I pulled up these responses pretty easily. I'm sure you'll argue that you never stated "full control", but that's just another way for you to split hairs and shirk promises.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  8. Priaptor
    Thanks for that. I thought I had lost my mind for a minute.

NaiveSound and dontfeedphils like this.
  9. Gr8h8m
    I'm really not looking forward to making up 500 playlists or whatever. Plus god knows what thats going to be like to navigate. So underwhelming. They should just open-source it if this is the best they can do.

dontfeedphils likes this.
  10. keithmarsh
    From 6th December:

No response...

I think that if some clarity had been given, questions answered and expectations set, then the situation we're in now could have been easily avoided.

NaiveSound likes this.
  11. NaiveSound
    Yeah .. So no control for sd card using Bluetooth... Big bummer

12. Mojo ideas
    I don’t really understand your logic or antagonism. Yes we have always said you can control the SD card but only in a limited way such as if you can’t use Wi Fi on a certain flights . If you have a mind too please feel free too trawl back through everything we’ve ever written I’m sure you’ll find the above statement or something like it, from from me too. There are good technical reasons for not have full control of potentially huge files on SD cards over BLE this is why we have never mooted that it would.

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  13. harpo1
    That's funny because Hiby does it no problem with their Hiby link functionality. Just glad I didn't jump on the Poly like I intended to in the beginning.

SteveOliver and dontfeedphils like this.
  14. dontfeedphils
    @Mojo ideas The point is that SD card control has always been touted as a main feature of the "GoFigure" app. I've never seen it listed as "minimal control" or any such terms.

You continue to over-promise and completely under-deliver, then you get angry with your customers who are frustrated with you and your company for good reason.

All I can say is I'm glad I haven't bought one yet, I feel for those of you who bought early and have been continually let down, and I wish you luck in the future. This whole thing has really put me off of Chord products altogether. I'll probably sell my Mojo since Poly is a dud (AFAIK), and I'll be perpetually recommending other Audiophiles avoid Chord whenever possible.

cheznous likes this.
  15. Gr8h8m
    Not sure how to reply to this. I don't think its antagonistic (or illogical) to point out that, contrary to it being "a comment from another poster and understood it was from us at Chord", that my understanding was directly from yourself & Matt at Chord.

dontfeedphils likes this.
First

Back
453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462
464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473
Next

Last